Remove this ad

MamaKaiyan

#41 [url]

Jan 15 13 3:17 PM

Colson wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
I haven't seen her on Ellen yet, but Nicki was very engaging on Leno last night. And she didn't say one negative thing about Mariah (no shade either). She mentioned "UOMF" and also how she loves Mariah's music. While Nicki obviously was OOC in the video that leaked and said dumb stuff on twitter, as of late she has handled it all very well. Mariah has been the one still making petty remarks.

That's because she's realized that people aren't going to tolerate her erratic behavior on this show and the negative feedback I'm sure was overwhelming so she had to adjust. It's called media training. I wouldn't be surprised if she has another 'slip up' during the live shows and all this 'acting', engaging, that she's been doing lately will go out the window.

She said herself that she doesn't trust herself during the live shows, so she's already warning us lol

No more homework. No more papers. No more tests.
I am officially done with school.
And, I have officially received my PhD.
Rima. Got. It. Together. And. Made
. It. Through. The Rain.
Now, need a job.
haha

Remove this ad

MamaKaiyan

#42 [url]

Jan 15 13 3:23 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
MamaKaiyan wrote:
canadianjay wrote:
I found this comment from Nigel very interesting

"Everybody I've ever seen live sings out of tune, even the greatest singers in the world. And of course if you make a single nowadays, they'll autotune it anyway. So is there more we should be discussing rather than, 'You're pitchy'? I'm so sick of that remark."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.ca/ustv/s91/american-idol/news/a450958/american-idol-boss-nigel-lythgoe-sick-of-pitchy-

I personally feel if your a singer you should be able to sing live...in tune. But I guess American Idol is looking for something different this year.

So, is he saying they aren't looking for the greatest singer because there are computers that can fix a singers imperfections? Isn't the whole point of AI to find vocalists? I think it matters a lot if they are out of tune. AI is supposed to be first and foremost about the voice, imo.

Is the something different he is looking for, what Nicki has been descrbing in various interviews...a character that entertains and doesn't necessarily has to have the best voice.
I don't know that the show itself has ever said it's a purely singing show. It probably started off that way, but now they stress performing, playing instruments, etc. (that's why The Voice came out with its concept...and their winners have flopped, for what it's worth). The reality is that a lot of people are doing well right now despite not being great singers. I hope the show doesn't just dismiss the ability to sing, but at the same time people can be great artists without being a great singer.

It just sounds like the ability to sing is last on the list from the way he and Nicki are talking. And, that to me is sad. I guess it's been a really long time since I last paid attention to AI, because singing used to be higher up on the priority list.

No more homework. No more papers. No more tests.
I am officially done with school.
And, I have officially received my PhD.
Rima. Got. It. Together. And. Made
. It. Through. The Rain.
Now, need a job.
haha

MissyJG

#43 [url]

Jan 15 13 4:06 PM

Nigel's comment is kinda making me sad. Isn't AI to find someone who can really sing? Which is why you're lucky enough to have Mariah on the show but then you make silly comments like singing isn't even that important. Wtf is up with that?

vinjer

#44 [url]

Jan 15 13 4:14 PM

That comment of his really speaks a lot about the atmosphere on Idol now and who's being supported -both among the judges and the contestants.

Maybe it should be named Circus Idol.

Last Edited By: vinjer Jan 15 13 4:18 PM. Edited 1 time.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#45 [url]

Jan 15 13 5:50 PM

MamaKaiyan wrote:

It just sounds like the ability to sing is last on the list from the way he and Nicki are talking. And, that to me is sad. I guess it's been a really long time since I last paid attention to AI, because singing used to be higher up on the priority list.
The last few winners were not great singers. At all. Having said that, both have done the best of the past...5 winners? More? So, there you go. Yes, it's sad, but the music industry right now is sad.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#49 [url]

Jan 15 13 10:43 PM

Isn't the girl who Mariah tells is the best they've heard the same one from my favorite group performance ever?

#50 [url]

Jan 15 13 11:56 PM

Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#51 [url]

Jan 16 13 12:31 AM

Not only is Nicki funny and engaging in general there, but I think she told the truth there. I mean, Mariah was certainly throwing shade, and then Nicki admits to having hurt feelings and overdoing it as a defense mechanism. Nicki has also been praising Mariah all over; she did that before and after this feud. And Nicki does seem over it; Mariah is the one who has thrown shade recently.

#52 [url]

Jan 16 13 12:59 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Not only is Nicki funny and engaging in general there, but I think she told the truth there. I mean, Mariah was certainly throwing shade, and then Nicki admits to having hurt feelings and overdoing it as a defense mechanism. Nicki has also been praising Mariah all over; she did that before and after this feud. And Nicki does seem over it; Mariah is the one who has thrown shade recently.

I love Mariah but come on it's obvious whats going on here and I think they could be friends again if Mariah let her ego go for a minute

#53 [url]

Jan 16 13 1:24 AM

You guys are naive. Nicki is a big fake b*tch...I can't believe you fall for it after a few interviews where she's clearly damage controlling. Go stand in a corner!

#54 [url]

Jan 16 13 1:28 AM

jasp17 wrote:
You guys are naive. Nicki is a big fake b*tch...I can't believe you fall for it after a few interviews where she's clearly damage controlling. Go stand in a corner!

It's got nothing to do with the interview it's a known fact that even mariah admits this all started cause Mariah wanted to be the only female on Idol.

Migrate90

#59 [url]

Jan 16 13 3:54 AM

jasp17 wrote:

I know, right?! What is wrong with people? smiley: indifferent

And Gawain, I like you, but your persistence that big, bad Mariah is basically at fault in this situation and that she and Nicki should be friends again, is annoying as %#**.

#60 [url]

Jan 16 13 4:32 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
    Mariah has to work with Nicki and be professional. Does Mariah have to like Nicki or be friends with her, just because she comes off engaging in interviews?

Last Edited By: Johnny XI Jan 16 13 4:53 AM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help