Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

'Showing receipts and offering seats'

Lead

Jan 14 13 8:20 AM

Tags : :

Ok, so people are suggesting we have an official thread to discuss AI, rather than using the old one which has been going since Mariah announced she was on the panel... and I think that makes sense!

Let the mayhem commence!smiley: happy

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Last Edited By: ShayneFly Aug 12 13 4:46 AM. Edited 2 times

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 14 13 8:26 AM

It only feels likes yesterday that she signed up!! Times flies. I found out yesterday that it will be shown in Ireland and repeated twice the next day after its first airing on two different channels so I'm happy I'll get to watch it on TV. I was dreading the thought of only being able to watch it online because I probably would get sick of it after a while.

Kevon

Administrator

#3 [url]

Jan 14 13 8:40 AM

It premiers in the states at 8pm ET on the 16th. I presume there will be ways of watching/downloading it...

Thankfully Channel 5 have gotten it for the UK the following day at the same time.

It feels so weird that this is happening. Mariah's never been this accessible before, it kind of makes me uneasy that she'll be becoming a 'TV personality'.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#7 [url]

Jan 14 13 10:01 AM

So, I see Seacrest, Keith, Randy, and Nicki are all on shows like Leno and Ellen this week. I do not see Mariah listed as being on any of them. What gives?

Kevon

Administrator

#8 [url]

Jan 14 13 10:21 AM

Yeah that's a bit strange. She said she was ill so maybe that's why.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#10 [url]

Jan 14 13 10:54 AM

kittykow105 wrote:
Mariah can promote while the show is on air too. It doesn't have to all be premiere week.
Sure, but it's odd that all of the judges (and even the host) are doing promo this week...except Mariah.

Remove this ad

miragemm

#11 [url]

Jan 14 13 11:22 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
Mariah can promote while the show is on air too. It doesn't have to all be premiere week.
Sure, but it's odd that all of the judges (and even the host) are doing promo this week...except Mariah.

I believe it was mentioned that she has bronchitis, last week at the q & a.

Migrate90

#12 [url]

Jan 14 13 12:06 PM

Plus she did her part by promoting it on the Barbara Walters interview.

I can't wait to see her on TV. The best American Idol judge!!! 

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#13 [url]

Jan 14 13 12:19 PM

Migrate90 wrote:
And some of the judges were also on shows last week; I saw Seacrest on Leno, for instance. Many of them will have been on 3-4 shows, while Mariah will have done one (and the week before). Considering her paycheck, it seems odd/unfair.

But, yeah, if she is sick, then fine. But didn't she get sick nearly a week ago? She should be better, unless it's really bad. Plus, some of these appearances were known weeks ago (i.e. before Mariah was sick) and her name wasn't showing while the other judges were.

#14 [url]

Jan 14 13 12:35 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Migrate90 wrote:
And some of the judges were also on shows last week; I saw Seacrest on Leno, for instance. Many of them will have been on 3-4 shows, while Mariah will have done one (and the week before). Considering her paycheck, it seems odd/unfair.

But, yeah, if she is sick, then fine. But didn't she get sick nearly a week ago? She should be better, unless it's really bad. Plus, some of these appearances were known weeks ago (i.e. before Mariah was sick) and her name wasn't showing while the other judges were.

Maybe it's in her contract that she doesn't have to hit the promo trail like crazy?

#16 [url]

Jan 14 13 3:37 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Migrate90 wrote:

Coming from the person that always pushes promo Mariah is sick and recording a new Album. I think her health is a bit more important then AI promo. I'm sure as soon as she is feeling better she will join in the promo.

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#17 [url]

Jan 14 13 4:41 PM

Does American Idol REALLY need promotion? lmfao.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#18 [url]

Jan 14 13 4:53 PM

The Vegas rounds haven't even been taped yet. They were canceled last month and rumored to be rescheduled for this week. If she's too sick still to go on Leno for five minutes, then she might be too sick to do the Vegas rounds also.

#19 [url]

Jan 14 13 8:00 PM

I found this comment from Nigel very interesting

"Everybody I've ever seen live sings out of tune, even the greatest singers in the world. And of course if you make a single nowadays, they'll autotune it anyway. So is there more we should be discussing rather than, 'You're pitchy'? I'm so sick of that remark."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.ca/ustv/s91/american-idol/news/a450958/american-idol-boss-nigel-lythgoe-sick-of-pitchy-

I personally feel if your a singer you should be able to sing live...in tune. But I guess American Idol is looking for something different this year.

#20 [url]

Jan 14 13 9:46 PM

^People really aren't interested in vocalists anymore it seems.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help