Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#41 [url]

Jan 9 13 11:16 PM

medwards10031984 wrote:
I wouldn't say she's desperate, but I imagine she'll want to come back with a bang. '4' did well, but the era didn't quite have the same impact as the others in my opinion, which was a shame because the album was good. I just think it lacked a big hit that fit radio trends.

Well, this is fact really. 4 was kind of like E=MC2, minus the #1 hit.

Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#42 [url]

Jan 9 13 11:23 PM

At the Idol Q&A, Randy said that "I really think Beyoncé has it all" (voice + entertainer) and Mariah chimed in with "I agree!"

Yasss, my faves love each other <333333

...and I wish E=MC2 was anywhere near as great as 4.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Last Edited By: Vincent Jan 9 13 11:28 PM. Edited 1 time.

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#43 [url]

Jan 9 13 11:30 PM

^ I don't think he was comparing in terms of quality.

And didn't we already know Mariah loves Bey?

Vincent

#44 [url]

Jan 10 13 12:54 AM

Yes, but you already know your mother loves you too but it's still nice to be reminded.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#45 [url]

Jan 10 13 1:13 AM

4 is a better album (albeit overrated), but I'd argue E was a bigger era overall, starting out nicely with a big hit and a strong album opening week. There certainly was a lot more hype for E for those first few weeks than there ever was for 4.

Vincent

#46 [url]

Jan 10 13 1:17 AM

I don't know, when you even it all out they were about equal, and 4 sold better especially considering it didn't even have a hit. *shrug* I don't really care though as long as we agree its a better album LOL.

Vincent, dahhhhling.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#47 [url]

Jan 10 13 8:50 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:
Beyonce knows exactly what she is doing, middle america still doesn't see her as sexy as say Carrie or Jessica Simpson, I'm talking bout teen age boys in Texas if you get my drift so she's covering that ground with this shoot

So only white girls are sex symbols for white teen boys? Please. Beyonka and J.Lo are jerk off material for boys all over the world.

Yeah, I don't agree with that at all. Beyonce isn't seen as sexy by middle American white boys? Please.

Kevon

Administrator

#48 [url]

Jan 10 13 8:52 AM

Where are we getting these claims anyway? Was some kind of poll done in middle america? A survey, perhaps?

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

carlos b fly

Administrator

#49 [url]

Jan 10 13 8:56 AM

RnB Junkie wrote:
Yes, but you already know your mother loves you too but it's still nice to be reminded.

smiley: laugh

#50 [url]

Jan 10 13 8:57 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
Where are we getting these claims anyway? Was some kind of poll done in middle america? A survey, perhaps?

Did Erica crawl in you?smiley: laugh

Anyway, yeah, Beyonce is universally seen as sexy, which she is, I mean she one of the hottest bodies I've ever seen.
Just don't like her face:P

Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#51 [url]

Jan 10 13 8:59 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
4 is a better album (albeit overrated), but I'd argue E was a bigger era overall, starting out nicely with a big hit and a strong album opening week. There certainly was a lot more hype for E for those first few weeks than there ever was for 4.

Agreed. E came in hard and it really felt like an event kicked off by the success of TMB. Shame it was all over in a month! Quality discussions aside, there was never the kind of intensity in 4 that E had in those early launch weeks. By Beyonces usual standards, it was definitely a more lowkey campaign.

#52 [url]

Jan 10 13 9:01 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

Agreed. E came in hard and it really felt like an event kicked off by the success of TMB. Shame it was all over in a month! Quality discussions aside, there was never the kind of intensity in 4 that E had in those early launch weeks. By Beyonces usual standards, it was definitely a more lowkey campaign.
It started as a flop and ended as a flopsmiley: tonguesmiley: tonguesmiley: tongue

carlos b fly

Administrator

#53 [url]

Jan 10 13 9:07 AM

jasp17 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

It started as a flop and ended as a flopsmiley: tonguesmiley: tonguesmiley: tongue

Run now. I'll do my best to cover your escape!!! smiley: roll

#54 [url]

Jan 10 13 9:20 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

Gospelartist03

#55 [url]

Jan 10 13 9:30 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:
Beyonce knows exactly what she is doing, middle america still doesn't see her as sexy as say Carrie or Jessica Simpson, I'm talking bout teen age boys in Texas if you get my drift so she's covering that ground with this shoot

So only white girls are sex symbols for white teen boys? Please. Beyonka and J.Lo are jerk off material for boys all over the world.

Yeah, I don't agree with that at all. Beyonce isn't seen as sexy by middle American white boys? Please.

I know this from living in Texas, beyonce doesn't get as many mentions from school kids I work with in comparison to Jessica, Megan Fox...  not scientific but its a strong hunch.  Not saying people don't think she's pretty but the attention she gets for being a sex symbol is not on the same level as some of the ones I mentioned, and she clearly is just as hot, so covers like this make the case for her was my point.  And lets not forget middle america still struggles with race, thats just a fact.

Kevon

Administrator

#56 [url]

Jan 10 13 10:03 AM

jasp17 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

smiley: roll

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#58 [url]

Jan 10 13 10:40 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

Yea the 4 era lasted a lot longer than E's. Songs from 4 are still getting good recurrent airplay (Love On Top, Dance For You) a year and a half after release.

Last Edited By: esettle0 Jan 10 13 10:43 AM. Edited 1 time.

Migrate90

#59 [url]

Jan 10 13 11:02 AM

Beyoncé Dishes on New Album, Talks Collaborations & Influences

beyonce-gq-1

Everyone has been talking about Beyoncé lately – whether it’s about her GQ cover, her upcoming Super Bowl halftime performance, or her new ‘mysterious’ album. Specifically, with the latter topic, many of Beys fans have been anxiously awaiting confirmed details about her upcoming fifth studio album. Well, there’s good news. The 16-time Grammy Award winner has finally opened up about her new album. In a recent interview with Amy Wallace of GQ, Beyoncé reveals some people she collaborated with for the album – set to release in April, her songwriting process, and the album’s influences.

On her collaborators: ”I’ve been working with Pharrell and Timbaland and Justin Timberlake and Dream. We all started in the ’90s, when R&B was the most important genre, and we all kind of want that back: the feeling that music gave us.”

On songwriting: “I used to start with lyrics and then I’d find tracks—often it was something I had in my head, and it just so happened to go with the melody. Now I write with other writers. It starts with the title or the concept of what I’m trying to say, and then I’ll go into the booth and sing my idea. Then we work together to layer on.”

On the album’s influences: ”Mostly R&B. I always have my Prince and rock/soul influences. There’s a bit of D’Angelo, some ’60s doo-wop. And Aretha and Diana Ross.”

On her inspirations: ”Even the silliest little thing that you hear on the radio, it comes from something deeper. ‘Bootylicious’ was funny, but it came from people saying that I had gained weight and me being like, ‘I’m a southern woman, and this is how southern women are.’ My motivation is always to express something or to heal from something or to laugh and rejoice about something.”

http://ratedrnb.com/2013/01/10/beyonce-dishes-on-new-album-talks-collaborations-influences/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=beyonce-dishes-on-new-album-talks-collaborations-influences" rel="nofollow">http://ratedrnb.com/2013/01/10/beyonce-dishes-on-new-album-talks-collaborations-influences/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=beyonce-dishes-on-new-album-talks-collaborations-influences

F_ck YASSSSS Beyoncé!!!!! smiley: happy

Vincent

#60 [url]

Jan 10 13 11:05 AM

Yeah, and while the songs from 4 didn't make much of an impact on the Hot 100, they definitely had a cultural impact and made a lasting impression that people will remember... where as TMB is the only single that made any type of impact from E. Well, maybe "Bye Bye" to some degree for people dealing with death.

"Countdown" had more than one viral video re: the video.
She performed "Love on Top" on the VMAs and announced she was pregnant.
"Dance For You" slayed the urban charts.
"Run the World" might've flopped but the BMA performance is iconic.
"Best Thing I Never Had" was actually a decent hit.
She performed "End of Time" a lot and I know of nonfans who LOVE it.
"I Was Here" was used for that UN campaign.
"Party" also did well on urban radio.

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Last Edited By: Vincent Jan 10 13 11:09 AM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help