Remove this ad

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#1961 [url]

Dec 17 13 4:07 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
Yeah "oh whining about fame and how messed up I am again" *insert catchy hook* = hit.

Suppose it's no more redundant than rappers rapping about their hoes or their money or their designer stuff but still, boring.

Love The Way You Lie is not a song whining about fame or how messed up he is tho. Anyways I think The Monster is way better than LTWYL which I never liked (but I was fond of Rih's solo version for a period of time, mainly cause the way she just fell off the ledge or whatever during her AMA's performance of it lol)

What the hell? smiley: laugh

You don't remember when she did LTWYL Part II, What's My Name and Only Girl in a medley at the AMA's that year? It was the first time I gave her any props for a live performance, I thought she did great even with the vocal issues. But she opens the medley with LTWYL Part II and at the end of the song she drops off some kind of ledge or platform and I was all like ooooooh lol.

Remove this ad

#1962 [url]

Dec 17 13 4:13 PM

esettle0 wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
esettle0 wrote:

Love The Way You Lie is not a song whining about fame or how messed up he is tho. Anyways I think The Monster is way better than LTWYL which I never liked (but I was fond of Rih's solo version for a period of time, mainly cause the way she just fell off the ledge or whatever during her AMA's performance of it lol)

You don't remember when she did LTWYL Part II, What's My Name and Only Girl in a medley at the AMA's that year? It was the first time I gave her any props for a live performance, I thought she did great even with the vocal issues. But she opens the medley with LTWYL Part II and at the end of the song she drops off some kind of ledge or platform and I was all like ooooooh lol.

I remember the performance, I'm just laughing because you said you were a fan of the song because she fell off the ledge. smiley: laugh

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

esettle0

#1963 [url]

Dec 17 13 5:03 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:

I remember the performance, I'm just laughing because you said you were a fan of the song because she fell off the ledge. smiley: laugh

smiley: laugh

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1964 [url]

Dec 21 13 5:25 PM

'The Monster' remains perched at #4 on iTunes despite the video premiere.

As with her last few #1 hits, it's all about radio overplaying these songs.

#1965 [url]

Dec 21 13 5:43 PM

It's really not that dramatic.

iTunes:
1. Say Something
2. Timber
3. Counting Stars
4. The Monster

Airplay:
1. EMINEM – The Monster f/Rihanna: 188.449 (+ 1.589)
2. ONEREPUBLIC – Counting Stars: 167.921 (+ 1.984)
6. PITBULL – Timber f/Ke$ha: 124.882 (+ 2.704)
A GREAT BIG WORLD – Say Something w/C. Aguilera: 57.813 (+ 1.682)

Counting Stars isn't that far off from The Monster in airplay, Timber is a fast growing smash, and well that Say Something song I have no explanation for that songs success. I don't get it.

IMO The Monster music video isn't very good, it's a Slim Shady greatest hits affair with an underused Dr. Rihanna.    

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1968 [url]

Dec 21 13 10:19 PM

esettle0 wrote:
Well Timber is pure garbage and does not deserve to be #1 anyways lol.
So is 'The Monster'. #trash

#1969 [url]

Dec 21 13 10:35 PM

The Monster > Timber by a LONG SHOT.

esettle0

#1970 [url]

Dec 21 13 10:44 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
agreed, I actually love The Monster. I can't get pass more than 30 seconds of Timber.

Remove this ad

#1971 [url]

Dec 21 13 10:48 PM

mcfan wrote:
^ Had it not been for its airplay lead on 'Timber', it would not be a #1 hit now.

Airplay doesn't just drive single sales, The Monster is the song selling The Marshall Mathers LP 2 now which is holding up very well, how's Pitbull's The Meltdown EP (Timber's parent album) selling? I'll give you one guess. 

#1972 [url]

Dec 21 13 10:50 PM

esettle0 wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
agreed, I actually love The Monster. I can't get pass more than 30 seconds of Timber.

Me too.

I like The Monster a lot more than Love The Way You Lie. That one is kind of overrated.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1973 [url]

Dec 21 13 10:52 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
mcfan wrote:
^ Had it not been for its airplay lead on 'Timber', it would not be a #1 hit now.

Airplay doesn't just drive single sales, The Monster is the song selling The Marshall Mathers LP 2 now which is holding up very well, how's Pitbull's The Meltdown EP (Timber's parent album) selling? I'll give you one guess. 

Eminem's album was going to sell regardless. It didn't open big because of this song, which mind you went for adds the week the album hit stores. 

#1974 [url]

Dec 21 13 10:56 PM

mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Eminem's album was going to sell regardless. It didn't open big because of this song, which mind you went for adds the week the album hit stores. 

I didn't mention it's opening week, MMLP2 was released over 6 weeks ago and is still holding up well. A #1 airplay hit contributes to that. smiley: wink

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1975 [url]

Dec 21 13 11:00 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:

I didn't mention it's opening week, MMLP2 was released over 6 weeks ago and is still holding up well. A #1 airplay hit contributes to that. smiley: wink
Sure, but you would think that the video premiere had driven the single's sales a bit. Nada. And as I said, Eminem has a history as a big album seller so yours is not exactly a strong point. 

The reality is that radio can keep shoving Rihaha and her pre-cooked and pre-digested singles down the public's throat, but the public is not using.

#1976 [url]

Dec 21 13 11:20 PM

mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Sure, but you would think that the video premiere had driven the single's sales a bit. Nada. And as I said, Eminem has a history as a big album seller so yours is not exactly a strong point. 

The reality is that radio can keep shoving Rihaha and her pre-cooked and pre-digested singles down the public's throat, but the public is not using.

So you still hate Rihanna, we get it. I have a response but I'm not going to bother tonight. I'm stuck at home on my Saturday night because I'm totally broke from buying Christmas gifts. 

jamesvanderbeek_0.gif

My plan is to make some drinks and get my life (twice in the past 2 days!) to the BEYONCÉ DVD. If you want to discuss her slayage I'd much rather do that than a Rihanna stanwar. Let me know.

Kevon

Administrator

#1977 [url]

Dec 22 13 9:09 AM

^How very big of you

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1978 [url]

Dec 22 13 10:25 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
^How very big of you laugh.gif
Yeah I forgot to thank him for sparing me last night

#1979 [url]

Dec 22 13 3:12 PM

And I did watch the DVD last night and I did get my life. #slayed

Kevon

Administrator

#1980 [url]

Dec 28 13 9:34 PM

1489117_594758177245446_773713026_n.jpg

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help