Remove this ad

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#21 [url]

Sep 23 12 6:00 PM

esettle0 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
I have never even listened to one of her albums in entirety. I don't like about 80% of her singles so I've never even been curious to do so.
Coming from someone that has heard them all in full (and actually enjoyed 2 for about a month), you've missed nothing. smiley: laugh

That's what I figured, her voice alone is offensive to me outside of her 'reggae' influenced songs.

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#22 [url]

Sep 23 12 6:02 PM

ANOTHER album? 'R' is definitely for relentless

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

mariahfan150

#23 [url]

Sep 23 12 6:05 PM

The only songs I've liked from her are "If It's Lovin That You Want", "Say It" (one album track I've heard from her), "Rehab", "Rude Boy", "What's My Name?", "Cheers (Drink To That)", "We Found Love". 

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#24 [url]

Sep 23 12 6:15 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
The only songs I've liked from her are "If It's Lovin That You Want", "Say It" (one album track I've heard from her), "Rehab", "Rude Boy", "What's My Name?", "Cheers (Drink To That)", "We Found Love". 

U might like 'Firebomb' and 'Photographs', which are her two best songs imo, both from Rated R (her best album imo)

mariahfan150

#26 [url]

Sep 23 12 6:29 PM

^^ Whatever they did to her voice on those songs they need to do on all of them.

DutchLamb

#28 [url]

Sep 23 12 6:57 PM

Can't wait. Hope it's going to smash.

I've only started liking her since Rated R. I don't think that album has any filler and I still maintain it's better than any Beezilla album (although 4 is kind of decent). I rate her material much higher than any other pop princess (except for Gaga)

Last Edited By: DutchLamb Sep 23 12 6:59 PM. Edited 1 time.

esettle0

#29 [url]

Sep 23 12 7:15 PM

DutchLamb wrote:

I've only started liking her since Rated R. I don't think that album has any filler and I still maintain it's better than any Beezilla album

mcfan

#Beautiful

#30 [url]

Sep 24 12 3:07 AM

Here we are again with the Queen being compared to some random caribbean peasant. These gerls will never learn

Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Sep 24 12 3:55 AM

mcfan wrote:
Here we are again with the Queen being compared to some random caribbean peasant. These gerls will never learn
No I just CAN'T

You are a legend, Mario!! smiley: roll

mcfan

#Beautiful

#32 [url]

Sep 24 12 4:05 AM

GuyL44 wrote:
mcfan wrote:
No I just CAN'T

You are a legend, Mario!! smiley: roll

IKR!

LikePhoenixFromTheAshes

#33 [url]

Sep 24 12 5:09 AM

jasp17 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
I just hope that they learned from the mistakes of Talk That Talk and that the album will be less of a filler-fest.

Oh, who am I even kidding, it's Rihanna
I mean 80% of her catalogue is filler. 

I'm sure no one will agree with me on this, but I think Rated R was a fantastic album, one of the best releases of the last few years. And there was very little filler on it. Loud was fluffier but it at least had a lot of strong singles. TTT suffered in that department, which is why barring WFL it didn't really produce anything huge. 

I can't really comment on the "Rated R" album, I barely took a listen, I'll give it some spins this week.
I honestly like the "Good girl gone bad" album, the first 5 tracks are rock solid, it's a bit patchy after that but overall it's a good album.

My confession: I liked the GGGB and RR albums!!!! Didn't like any of the rest. The last n-albums were crap.
But maybe she is right. If she stops for a minute, people will have forgotten her and the next Rihanna will have taken over. She has no choice. She's a prisoner. I pity her.

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#35 [url]

Sep 24 12 5:20 AM

mcfan wrote:

Wait, where was Mariah mentioned?! smiley: tongue As for Rih, B'day is in my top 20 albums so.... 

mcfan

#Beautiful

#36 [url]

Sep 24 12 5:36 AM

hottiecasanova wrote:
 As for Rih, B'day is in my top 20 albums so.... 
Wh.. what?

esettle0

#39 [url]

Sep 24 12 5:58 AM

LikePhoenixFromTheAshes wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
I just hope that they learned from the mistakes of Talk That Talk and that the album will be less of a filler-fest.

Oh, who am I even kidding, it's Rihanna
I mean 80% of her catalogue is filler. 

I'm sure no one will agree with me on this, but I think Rated R was a fantastic album, one of the best releases of the last few years. And there was very little filler on it. Loud was fluffier but it at least had a lot of strong singles. TTT suffered in that department, which is why barring WFL it didn't really produce anything huge. 

I can't really comment on the "Rated R" album, I barely took a listen, I'll give it some spins this week.
I honestly like the "Good girl gone bad" album, the first 5 tracks are rock solid, it's a bit patchy after that but overall it's a good album.

My confession: I liked the GGGB and RR albums!!!! Didn't like any of the rest.
THIS

Kevon

Administrator

#40 [url]

Sep 24 12 6:36 AM

Me too - 'Rated R' had some great tracks on it and whilst it's become pretty forgettable now, 'GGGB' did as well. My issue with Rihanna is that I do tend to like her albums when they come out, but I've never found an artist who's music gets tiring so quickly. I loved and then got bored of 'TTT' within a fortnight

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help