Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

Lead

Sep 22 12 4:02 PM

Tags : :

In an interview with Elvis Duran at the iHeart Radio Festival, Rihanna said the lead single from her 7th album under IDJ, called 'Diamonds', premieres next Wednesday at 8.00 am ET with en exclusive to Elvis himself.

The song is apparently produced by Stargate and Benny Blanco and written by Sia.  She said the song is different than what her fans could expect (not a dance song apparently) and she said the lyrics have a hopeful and positive message.

Last Edited By: mcfan Sep 10 13 8:36 PM. Edited 5 times

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Sep 22 12 4:17 PM

LMAO. And the extension of the Music of the Sun, A Girl Like Me, Good Girl Gone Bad, Reloaded, Rated R, Loud, Talk That Talk era continues.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#4 [url]

Sep 22 12 4:40 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
LMAO. And the extension of the Music of the Sun, A Girl Like Me, Good Girl Gone Bad, Reloaded, Rated R, Loud, Talk That Talk era continues.
*Dead*

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6 [url]

Sep 22 12 5:15 PM

I don't know what to think. Well, I do - I think oversaturation. That aside, she produced the anthem of 2011 last year with WFL despite my misgivings so I guess I'll see what she delivers. When you work at the speed she does, you could end up with anything.

#7 [url]

Sep 22 12 5:43 PM

mcfan wrote:

She said the song is different than what her fans could expect (not a dance song apparently) and she said the lyrics have a hopeful and positive message.

Maybe it's about forgiving your ex after he beats you and learning to love him again ... touching! smiley: grin

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#8 [url]

Sep 22 12 5:54 PM

Why you constantly start and post in threads about this +*+*% is beyond me.. It'd be like me constantly starting/posting in threads about Madonna or Celine.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#9 [url]

Sep 22 12 8:25 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
Why you constantly start and post in threads about this +*+*% is beyond me.. It'd be like me constantly starting/posting in threads about Madonna or Celine.
Well there's gotta be a place to drag her, no?

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#10 [url]

Sep 22 12 8:40 PM

mcfan wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:
Well there's gotta be a place to drag her, no?

I get you boo smiley: laughsmiley: tongue

Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:34 PM

God I hate to say this but...

Just reading the title and who's writing/producing, sounds like another "electro pop" smash to me.  smiley: tired

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#13 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:37 PM

I just hope that they learned from the mistakes of Talk That Talk and that the album will be less of a filler-fest.

Oh, who am I even kidding, it's Rihanna

#14 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:38 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
I just hope that they learned from the mistakes of Talk That Talk and that the album will be less of a filler-fest.

I mean 80% of her catalogue is filler. 

LegendaryShade

#15 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:40 PM

jasp17 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

I'm sure no one will agree with me on this, but I think Rated R was a fantastic album, one of the best releases of the last few years. And there was very little filler on it. Loud was fluffier but it at least had a lot of strong singles. TTT suffered in that department, which is why barring WFL it didn't really produce anything huge. 

#16 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:44 PM

^ So true.

They have a formula that works.  Put all their eggs into 2 hit singles per record, surrounded by a bunch of filler.

By the time the public catches on that her album is crap, she's squeezed out 2 more #1's. It's annoying as hell. smiley: sick

#17 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:44 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

I'm sure no one will agree with me on this, but I think Rated R was a fantastic album, one of the best releases of the last few years. And there was very little filler on it. Loud was fluffier but it at least had a lot of strong singles. TTT suffered in that department, which is why barring WFL it didn't really produce anything huge. 

I can't really comment on the "Rated R" album, I barely took a listen, I'll give it some spins this week.
I honestly like the "Good girl gone bad" album, the first 5 tracks are rock solid, it's a bit patchy after that but overall it's a good album.

LegendaryShade

#18 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:47 PM

Johnny Roberts wrote:
^ So true.

They have a formula that works.  Put all their eggs into 2 hit singles per record, surrounded by a bunch of filler.

By the time the public catches on that her album is crap, she's squeezed out 2 more #1's. It's annoying as hell. smiley: sick
It's not like the public ever buys her albums though smiley: laugh

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#19 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:53 PM

I have never even listened to one of her albums in entirety. I don't like about 80% of her singles so I've never even been curious to do so.

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#20 [url]

Sep 23 12 5:58 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
I have never even listened to one of her albums in entirety. I don't like about 80% of her singles so I've never even been curious to do so.
Coming from someone that has heard them all in full (and actually enjoyed 2 for about a month), you've missed nothing. smiley: laugh

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help