Remove this ad

FOMM Legend Awards [Revamped] - a tribute to nike521! Ceremony on Sunday September 29 [9:00 PM GMT+1]

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

mcfan

#Beautiful

#741 [url]

Aug 26 13 6:23 AM

I wanna start by saying that I'm truly honored to have received this award. I would like to thank Rob for being a great host, for his patience, for the time he dedicated to making this happen and for dealing with my demands with such grace. Thank you!

I would also like to thank everyone who sent a message of congratulations for me. You were very kind and sweet to do so:
- Carlos your message was beautiful, you hit the nail on the head about the essence of my being here. Thanks for everything you said, I really appreciate it!
- Reenah, I do miss our chats as well! I hope we can finally catch up soon Love you!
- allthewayray, thanks for sending a message!
- tl2mc, I appreciate your message thank you so much! And I am a graduate in "ratchetnese" remember?

When I started this project, this was all I had in mind. An opportunity for all of us to get together, learn a bit more about each others to make our "cohabitation" here more pleasant.
I love that we've managed to keep it up this long and I hope it won't end anytime soon. We are all a big family, we're in a delicate moment, waiting for our fav to make her move and we can all be stressed out because of it. I think this is a nice diversion to look forward to.
I trust Mariah's new album will be magnificent and I am glad to be here to share this joyous experience with all of you. Thank you!

Remove this ad

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#742 [url]

Aug 26 13 6:42 AM

george-clappingjpg.gif

Wow what a lovely ceremony! Kudo's to Rob for a VERY lavish ceremony, and I don't know you but congrats Mario!

Like 'Mariah Carey Multimedia Page' on Facebook
(facebook.com/MariahCareyMultimedia)

Subscribe to the MimiMultimedia YouTube Channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/MimiMultimedia)

Last Edited By: matty tat tat Aug 26 13 6:46 AM. Edited 1 time.

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#744 [url]

Aug 26 13 11:42 AM

Yup and thanks for letting me be apart of it Mario, it was a lot of fun. Even though it doesn't get the attention it warrants sometimes, I think this is becoming an important part of the community here and it really builds the camaraderie and sense of humanity on here I think to get behind the avatars a little bit and remember that we're not all faceless commentators here, but actual real people with passions, strong opinions and feelings.

#745 [url]

Aug 26 13 4:19 PM

Rob and Mario, you make it real fun to read!

Mariah Carey Madonna Celine Dion Lara Fabian Whitney Tina Arena Janet Jackson Toni Braxton Debbie Gibson 

Migrate90

#746 [url]

Aug 26 13 6:05 PM

I haven't commented in this thread in the past, but I'll have to make an exception now that Mario is being tributed! Mario is the life of FOMM so I can't think of a poster more deserving of this honor. He's actually the very first person I liked on FOMM when I was accepted in 2011; I like that he's active, he's passionate about his faves (and urban music in particular!), and he just always keeps it cool, real and funny with his posts! Plus, he was the only one who responded to my first posts - you know what it's like to be a newbie, when you're getting ignored by most of the regulars lol - I'll never forget that. So... YAY Mario! Congrats!!

PS: Robvj, you've done a great job with the presentation and everything!

mcfan

#Beautiful

#747 [url]

Aug 27 13 7:23 AM

Migrate90 wrote:
I haven't commented in this thread in the past, but I'll have to make an exception now that Mario is being tributed! tongue.gif Mario is the life of FOMM so I can't think of a poster more deserving of this honor. He's actually the very first person I liked on FOMM when I was accepted in 2011; I like that he's active, he's passionate about his faves (and urban music in particular!), and he just always keeps it cool, real and funny with his posts! Plus, he was the only one who responded to my first posts - you know what it's like to be a newbie, when you're getting ignored by most of the regulars lol - I'll never forget that. So... YAY Mario! Congrats!! happy.gif

PS: Robvj, you've done a great job with the presentation and everything! smile.gif
Thank you so much! You're too kind

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#748 [url]

Aug 27 13 1:45 PM

Thanks for the nice comments too guys.

Kevon

Administrator

#749 [url]

Aug 27 13 3:49 PM

Like wizards, a true Legend is never always late.

I have been off consuming more alcohol than that which is stored in Ramona's cellar so have been away from the board.

Mario is definitely one of the staples of the board. And perhaps in the opposite way from our last month's honouree, I can affectionately say he has made a name for himself with the biggest splash possible. However, underneath that ratchet bravado is an intelligent, articulate poster and I think that is why he has had longevity where others have came and flopped.

I'm relatively narrowminded when it comes to the internet - outside of the board I don't post anywhere else so I have to thank him for bringing so much of the lingo to our lives that I have now infected into my 'real life' friends. We speak of shade throwing regularly, and I recently witnessed other real friends starting to use sayings over and over like 'I can't, I just can't' and I'm like 'gurl... I've been using that one for years'.

And who could forget the gifs? In a lot of ways Mario is like Mariah, he may not invent the trends but he definitely brings them to mainstream relevance. I mean, the Oprah and Wendy gifs became so prominent, I even covered them.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

#750 [url]

Aug 27 13 3:54 PM

Great show, I caught the re-run. Unfortunately, the FOMM Legend Awards aired the same time as this:

tumblr_inline_ms54xrtTtH1qz4rgp.gif

So I couldn't catch the live FOMM broadcast.

Congrats to Mr. Mario! As the founder of the FOMM Legend Awards, he deserves this more than anyone.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#751 [url]

Aug 27 13 4:19 PM

kevo2002 wrote:

I have been off consuming more alcohol than that which is stored in Ramona's cellar so have been away from the board.

Mario is definitely one of the staples of the board. And perhaps in the opposite way from our last month's honouree, I can affectionately say he has made a name for himself with the biggest splash possible. However, underneath that ratchet bravado is an intelligent, articulate poster and I think that is why he has had longevity where others have came and flopped.

I'm relatively narrowminded when it comes to the internet - outside of the board I don't post anywhere else so I have to thank him for bringing so much of the lingo to our lives that I have now infected into my 'real life' friends. We speak of shade throwing regularly, and I recently witnessed other real friends starting to use sayings over and over like 'I can't, I just can't' and I'm like 'gurl... I've been using that one for years'.

And who could forget the gifs? In a lot of ways Mario is like Mariah, he may not invent the trends but he definitely brings them to mainstream relevance. I mean, the Oprah and Wendy gifs became so prominent, I even covered them.

Thank you, Kevon! That was very kind. You are very welcome for the lingo lessons  

mcfan

#Beautiful

#752 [url]

Aug 27 13 4:23 PM

seanjonmc wrote:
Great show, I caught the re-run. Unfortunately, the FOMM Legend Awards aired the same time as this:

Congrats to Mr. Mario! As the founder of the FOMM Legend Awards, he deserves this more than anyone. smile.gif

Ch.. I knew the VMAs would've stolen my shine. MTV is so messy!

Thanks though! I hope you saw your mention in the interview

#753 [url]

Aug 27 13 4:34 PM

mcfan wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:

Congrats to Mr. Mario! As the founder of the FOMM Legend Awards, he deserves this more than anyone. smile.gif

Ch.. I knew the VMAs would've stolen my shine. MTV is so messy!

Thanks though! I hope you saw your mention in the interview wink.giftongue.gif

I sure did. You're my best frenemy too. smiley: tongue

tumblr_m86y28SCiK1rcoiodo1_500-1.gif

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#756 [url]

Sep 1 13 4:36 AM

FOMM Legend Awards [Revamped] - a tribute to mcfan! Ceremony on Sunday August 25 [9:00 PM GMT+1]

Who's the next honouree?

mcfan

#Beautiful

#757 [url]

Sep 1 13 6:32 AM

^ That's what I am wondering!

Should I retire as a host and let Rob do it again? What y'all say?

It seems like he attracted more audience

robjv1

#758 [url]

Sep 2 13 12:26 PM

It's gotta be you Mario, I've got a special guest appearance in me here or there, but it's your baby!

carlos b fly

Administrator

#759 [url]

Sep 2 13 12:28 PM

kevo2002 wrote:

Awww, so well said and yes, I also must credit Mario with GIFs and some fabulous new lingo entering my life!

carlos b fly

Administrator

#760 [url]

Sep 2 13 12:29 PM

matty tat tat wrote:
Who's the next honouree?

Gawain won't do it, will he?

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help