Remove this ad

FOMM Legend Awards [Revamped] - a tribute to nike521! Ceremony on Sunday September 29 [9:00 PM GMT+1]

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

LikePhoenixFromTheAshes

#21 [url]

Sep 22 12 3:04 AM

mariahfan150 wrote:
C.Lo is BY FAR the most irritating, 'bi-polar', wishy-washy poster on this board of all time. ArabianLamb (Jasmine) was always sweet to me and that's all that matters. smiley: laugh  

I know that Jasmine went a bit weird in the end, but she was a great girl for all I ever got to see of her. No hate against her, she might have had a weird phase for a moment.

Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#22 [url]

Sep 22 12 9:07 AM

What do we need to do again? Sorry, I've lost the plot a bit. Do we need to say why we think why the nominated person is a legend on FOMM? So we have some soundbites on them?

mcfan

#Beautiful

#23 [url]

Sep 22 12 9:18 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
What do we need to do again? Sorry, I've lost the plot a bit. Do we need to say why we think why the nominated person is a legend on FOMM? So we have some soundbites on them?
Basically. Say why you think he's a legend, why you admire/love him, congratulate him.. whatever you want

Possibly, by tonight.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#24 [url]

Sep 22 12 10:08 AM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
Basically. Say why you think he's a legend, why you admire/love him, congratulate him.. whatever you want

Possibly, by tonight.

Oh right.......do I put it here in the thread or.....?

mcfan

#Beautiful

#25 [url]

Sep 22 12 12:42 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

Possibly, by tonight.
Via PM to me.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#26 [url]

Sep 22 12 2:49 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

Possibly, by tonight.
Via PM to me.

Ah, got it. Okay, I'll send something now.

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#27 [url]

Sep 22 12 4:37 PM

I can't seem to send my 'speech' to you Mario.

Edit: I messaged it on Facebook. smiley: tongue

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Last Edited By: mariahfan150 Sep 22 12 4:44 PM. Edited 1 time.

mariahfan150

#30 [url]

Sep 23 12 3:09 PM

Presenter: Mariahfan150

(A tribute to his old avatar picture)

He came to this board at a very young age and was unabashedly a fan of "Rainbow" and other music that was made for his age group - two things unpopular here to the older and more pretentious posters (fortunately most of them are gone now) which made it hard for him to be taken seriously.

Despite such obstacles, he always had a sense of individuality (which is rare among people in general, especially young people) and was unwavering in his opinions and his tastes. He never let the mentality that because he was younger and had so-called 'fluffy' tastes that he wasn't to be taken seriously change him one bit. It always seemed as if he was making a statement, "I can't change my age, I'm not going to apologize for my tastes/opinions and I'll be 'shady' or 'cunty' if I feel the need and the right people will love me for it otherwise they are irrelevant".

To sum up why I think he is deserving of the legend award, I think he is one of the most intriguing posters on the board and while we've watched him 'grow up' on the board and other places, he's still has the perfect blend of strength, individuality, all-around intelligence, 'fabulousness' and most importantly doesn't take himself too seriously.

From one board veteran named Michael to another, I'm honored to present you with the legend award.

Last Edited By: mariahfan150 Sep 23 12 3:15 PM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#32 [url]

Sep 23 12 3:15 PM

Good evening and welcome to the 1st monthly FOMM Legend Award show!

When I found myself witnessing a conversation in General Random Thoughts a few days ago, I knew this would be the project we all were looking for to revive FOMM and shake things up a littl bit. It was kind of like an epiphany and it all came together to me very quickly.
A round of PMs was all it took to set things off and it was great to have such an immediate positive response from some of the established veterans of the board, so I'm grateful to all of you who supported this project and hopefully will continue to do so.

As the inspiration behind this came from him, it felt like the right thing to have this iconic poster be the first of a long series of honorees. Michael, better known as LegendaryShade here, has been here for a long time and has established himself as a FOMM veteran over the years. Some days ago I had the pleasure to have a sit down PM interview with him and got to ask him a few questions. But first I would like to share some personal impressions about him.
I've always thought of him as a very intelligent guy, with strong opinions that he always shares in a thoughtful manner and the right amount of sass and attitude. He's always been gracious to me and over the 4 years I've been on the board he's grown to become one of my favorite posters. I think you'll see these traits in the replies he gave to me. Let's take a look:

Q: When did you join FOMM?
A:
I joined FOMM in 2005- though I was not one of those Emancipation era bandwagon jumpers! I'd been a fan of MC's for a couple years at that point.

Q: How did you know it existed?
A:
Is it bad that I don't remember how I knew it existed? I believe it was through MariahDaily.com, but can't be totally sure.

Q: Do you remember your period as a newbie?
A: Again, my memory is shoddy at best, but I do have vague recollections. FOMM wasn't the first message board I'd been a member of but it definitely had its own unique vibe and culture. There were a lot more posters back then, I feel like, probably because it was such a high profile time for MC. It was definitely an exciting time to be a member. And we had the old system of posts in threads, which I miss to this day.

Q: Were you intimidated by other posters at first? Which ones?
A:
Yes and no. Being a newbie anywhere is always intimidating in and of itself. There were many established posters I wouldn't mess with. But I didn't feel scared of anyone necessarily. David (mcflyingfree as he was known back in the day) has always terrified newbies here effortlessly, and I wasn't an exception- but I bet he'd agree that it didn't take long for me to start throwing shade right back at him haha.

Q: How do you think FOMM has changed over the years?
A:
I think FOMM has become a bit more diverse, actually, even though we seem like we've gotten smaller in numbers. People are free to (and do) express any opinion they want on any subject, and usually do. Certainly the sass and shade levels have elevated a bit, and the invention of the gif obviously changed the course of FOMM forever. I'd like to say we have less trolls now although they're certainly out there lurking somewhere, just waiting for the next "advance single" to drop.

Q: Has your posting style/attitude changed over time?
A:
When I first joined FOMM I was beginning high school, and as I type this I'm finishing college. I'd like to think my writing has become perhaps a tad more mature and sophisticated but it could also be the other way around. I've definitely gotten a bit snarkier over the years although I'm rarely directly mean to people. I try not to get dragged into the drama and personal attacks although sometimes they're impossible to avoid. After spending years on the board, you definitely get tired of certain topics and conversations so my posts have become a bit more short and clipped, especially in those areas. I have a filthy mouth which comes across in my writing (I prefer to use the term "refreshing bluntness.")

Q: What do you think is your legacy as a FOMM poster?
A:
"I Was Here" started playing in my head as I answered this question...I think my legacy is fairly exemplified in the screennames I've had here. When I joined, I was rainbow1199- and I stanned for the Rainbow album like few have stanned for an album before. I got into countless arguments with nearly everyone. I think I liked standing up for the underdog, and of course, the album remains Mariah's campiest to date and I will always praise anything ridiculously over the top and camp. Eventually, I started growing out of that, and while I still love Rainbow, I no longer wanted it to be what defined me. Now, I'm known for, well, the legendary shade I throw LOL. I think/hope people respect my direct, no-bullshit style even if they don't always agree with my opinions. My fierce loyalty and devotion to both Lady Gaga and Countess LuAnn de Lesseps can definitely never be forgotten. At the end of the day, I am just having fun on here and I never take anything too seriously.

Q: Do you think there's anyone looking up to you?
A:
I sure as hell hope no one is looking up to me. I mean, maybe? But I really doubt it. If people want to aspire to be as shady as me, well, good luck!

Q: What would your advice be to the new posters?
A:
Sit down and shut up. No but seriously, I think new people should be encouraged to actively express themselves, as that makes them more memorable. It's also good to explore other areas of the board besides just the Mariah section. My favorite members on here are ones that I've shared fantastic discussions and debates with in the Other Artists or other off-topic sections as I feel like I know them a lot better.

Right after the break, we'll take a look at what other posters had to say about Michael. Don't go away!

Last Edited By: mcfan Sep 23 12 3:24 PM. Edited 1 time.

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#33 [url]

Sep 23 12 3:23 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
Presenter: Mariahfan150

(A tribute to his old avatar picture)

He came to this board at a very young age and was unabashedly a fan of "Rainbow" and other music that was made for his age group - two things unpopular here to the older and more pretentious posters (fortunately most of them are gone now) which made it hard for him to be taken seriously.

Despite such obstacles, he always had a sense of individuality (which is rare among people in general, especially young people) and was unwavering in his opinions and his tastes. He never let the mentality that because he was younger and had so-called 'fluffy' tastes that he wasn't to be taken seriously change him one bit. It always seemed as if he was making a statement, "I can't change my age, I'm not going to apologize for my tastes/opinions and I'll be 'shady' or 'cunty' if I feel the need and the right people will love me for it otherwise they are irrelevant".

To sum up why I think he is deserving of the legend award, I think he is one of the most intriguing posters on the board and while we've watched him 'grow up' on the board and other places, he's still has the perfect blend of strength, individuality, all-around intelligence, 'fabulousness' and most importantly doesn't take himself too seriously.

From one board veteran named Michael to another, I'm honored to present you with the legend award.

Clearly no one else is topping that smiley: laugh. <3 you and the picture. 

mariahfan150

#34 [url]

Sep 23 12 3:27 PM

smiley: tongue Madonna and I had written a version together, but I decided it was best to only keep the part about our names being the same. smiley: laugh

mcfan

#Beautiful

#35 [url]

Sep 23 12 3:28 PM

Michael, a few of your fellow FOMMers wanted to congratulate you on your award tonight so here's what they sent me:

LikePhoeinixFromTheAshes:
"To LegendaryMike: Kudos to you for shamelessly forcing us to invent this and make you the first FOMM Legend. Way to go!! I love your posts, you're always realistic and on point. Most of all, you often say exactly what I'm thinking, but somehow YOU get away with it, while my lesser self could never. Congrats, keep on posting, or as some of us used to say: PIP! - Reenah"
BeyondIdolization:
I wish you all the best.

kittykow105:
Michael has been with FOMM since he was just a young gay and before our eyes has grown into the mature little shade thrower that he is today. Michael is always willing to throw shade at the perfect moment. Out of all of us, he is the most light hearted lamb and always makes know how to laugh. We could all learn something from our beloved butch queen.
kevo2002:
"In the event of a nuclear holocaust, I take comfort in knowing that along with cockroaches, Michael's legendary shade exchanges with David over Lady Gaga will live on"
carlosbfly:
I know Michael likes to refer to himself as a @%%*! but I've seen that he can be rational and diplomatic. A lot more than maybe he gives himself credit for. Even when defending an artist he loves, I've seen him be personable in the debate back rather than personal. Even if he wants to still be called a @%%*!, I'd at least say he's a classy @%%*!!

mariahfan150

#36 [url]

Sep 23 12 3:31 PM

^ Those are all cute and totally each of their style (especially David's self-proclaimed icy ass writing six words smiley: laugh) . 

mcfan

#Beautiful

#37 [url]

Sep 23 12 3:33 PM

And now as a special surprise guest, none other than reality TV star Countess LuAnn DeLesseps would like to serenade you!!
Got a call from her and she said she had been on vocal rest for the past 3 days to be in tip top shape for tonight

mcfan

#Beautiful

#39 [url]

Sep 23 12 3:36 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
^ Those are all cute and totally each of their style (especially David's self-proclaimed icy ass writing six words smiley: laugh) . 
David told me he'd get it in his PM since they've established they're frenemies I love him

The Countess is totally gorgeous smiley: glasses

mariahfan150

#40 [url]

Sep 23 12 3:37 PM

mcfan wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
David told me he'd get it in his PM since they've established they're frenemies I love him  
smiley: roll

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help