Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Sep 7 12 5:05 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
^Agreed, I kind of like that Mariah is just saying "I'm making music I like and hopefully people will enjoy it", you don't really need to say anything or act like your music is the second coming.
Agreed.

Anyways, I thought her response was very cool. It's right to the point and deals with what her fans really want to hear. No artsy, pretentious +%+% that will just generate more criticism.. I like that.

Remove this ad

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#42 [url]

Sep 7 12 7:15 AM

Lady Gaga thinks she's Jesus Christ incarnate. I couldn't stop listening to Born The Way *hangs head in shame* and most of The Fame Monster but sometimes I just wish she's keep my mouth shut.

M.

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#43 [url]

Sep 7 12 9:09 AM

matty tat tat wrote:
 I couldn't stop listening to Born The Way *hangs head in shame*

no shame needed, the album is totally repeat-worthy. smiley: happy

carlos b fly

Administrator

#44 [url]

Sep 7 12 11:38 AM

mariahfan150 wrote:
I think these artists in general should avoid making declarations about their music.

Amen. She dug herself into a hole with her own hyperbole. BTW was a good album but she built expectations to impossible levels with those kinds of silly comments.

SISQO MC

#45 [url]

Sep 7 12 11:50 AM

^Damn, I keep reading BTW as "By the way was a good album...." I was confused...which album were you referring to by the way? smiley: laugh 

kittykow105

#47 [url]

Sep 7 12 2:49 PM

Sweet Intensity wrote:
Personally, I thought BTW was one of the best pop albums released in a very, very long time. Still do. 

Can't wait for ARTPOP.

It was definitely a great album! Could it have had more poppy singles for the casual listeners? Yes. But it was still a great listen!

DutchLamb

#48 [url]

Sep 7 12 4:23 PM

Yeah I still like BTW a lot. I don't want her to make a straightforward pop album EVER.
She's not Katy Perry or Britney.

#49 [url]

Sep 7 12 6:22 PM

Gaga posted a new pic on FB  

I like her as a brunette.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#50 [url]

Sep 7 12 6:25 PM

Heeyyy she's got the same phone. smiley: laugh

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#51 [url]

Sep 7 12 6:29 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
^Agreed, I kind of like that Mariah is just saying "I'm making music I like and hopefully people will enjoy it", you don't really need to say anything or act like your music is the second coming.

The worst was Usher and Beyonka claiming they had created new genres of music. Oh really smiley: indifferent

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#52 [url]

Sep 7 12 6:31 PM

DutchLamb wrote:
Yeah I still like BTW a lot. I don't want her to make a straightforward pop album EVER.

There's not really a difference between Gaga's work and Britney's recent work. I could hear either artist sing those songs. I mean, Telephone was even meant to be a Britney song.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#53 [url]

Sep 7 12 6:38 PM

Sweet Intensity wrote:
Personally, I thought BTW was one of the best pop albums released in a very, very long time. Still do. 

Can't wait for ARTPOP.

Me too and I LOVED the amount of energy and hype around the album coming out. It felt like such a great event.

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#54 [url]

Sep 7 12 6:55 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
DutchLamb wrote:

There's not really a difference between Gaga's work and Britney's recent work. I could hear either artist sing those songs. I mean, Telephone was even meant to be a Britney song.
Um there isn't a single song on BTW that sounds like Britney. Good lord.

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#55 [url]

Sep 7 12 7:04 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
DutchLamb wrote:

You only say that because you're under the delusion that Gaga is some great, important artiste and Britney is obviously not seen that way. Meanwhile most people wouldn't make a distinction between Gaga's dance-pop and Britney's dance-pop.

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#56 [url]

Sep 7 12 7:10 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
DutchLamb wrote:

You only say that because you're under the delusion that Gaga is some great, important artiste and Britney is obviously not seen that way. Meanwhile most people wouldn't make a distinction between Gaga's dance-pop and Britney's dance-pop.
You only say that because you're a bitter hater who listened to BTW once before dismissing it as "pretentious" or whatever. The fact is that you can't name a single song on that album that sounds like Britney. For fucks sake, does Mariah's music sound like Lauryn Hill? Genres have variation. 

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#58 [url]

Sep 7 12 7:27 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
DutchLamb wrote:

You only say that because you're a bitter hater who listened to BTW once before dismissing it as "pretentious" or whatever. The fact is that you can't name a single song on that album that sounds like Britney. For fucks sake, does Mariah's music sound like Lauryn Hill? Genres have variation. 

#59 [url]

Sep 8 12 5:38 PM

I love it when artists are thinking about new ways when it comes to selling their music.
Like Mariah did with the Elle booklet with Memoirs.
And what Trijntje Oosterhuis did with giving her album for free with some newspaper.
Or Madonna with giving her album with a concert ticket.
And now with Gaga selling it as an App.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#60 [url]

Sep 8 12 5:47 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
DutchLamb wrote:

To be honest, I'm struggling to imagine what Gaga song in her entire career is something that sounds like Britney. I think I'd say Telephone but I think I'm reaching on that one. Its something I could see from her around Blackout possibly. Gaga was going for that whole cheese/campy rock Springsteen vibe with BTW which is never something Britney has done.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help