Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#4021 [url]

Jan 27 16 6:48 PM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
^^ still bitter I see laugh.gif keep holdin on boo
I'm as sweet as a honey bee and as cute as a lamb. Back off with your hating ass, goat.

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#4022 [url]

Feb 2 16 6:09 PM

Lady Gaga will honor the late David Bowie with an "experimental tribute" at this year's Grammy Awards. The tribute will be directed by Nile Rodgers, who recently worked with Gaga on a cover of Chic's 1979 hit "I Want Your Love."

"We had already booked Lady Gaga on this year's show, but when David passed — almost in a single moment — we knew we had to change direction," the executive producer of the Grammy Awards Ken Ehrlich told JustJared. "We immediately spoke and agreed that she should be the one to honor David. She's perfect for it."

David Bowie has been a massive influence on Gaga throughout her career, so it should come as no surprise that she was chosen to honor the legendary performer.

lady-gaga-david-bowie.jpg.c1ac5a815f7498

"When I fell in love with David Bowie, when I was living on the Lower East Side, I always felt that his glamour was something he was using to express a message to people that was very healing for their souls," Gaga said in an interview with the Hollywood Reporter just days before David passed away. "He is a true, true artist and I don't know if I ever went, 'Oh, I'm going to be that way like this,' or if I arrived upon it slowly, realizing it was my calling and that's what drew me to him."

Is her manager Benny Medina? Gaga sure is working her ass off. Grammys, Oscars, SuperBowl Anthem.. slay I guess.

#4023 [url]

Feb 2 16 7:39 PM

^Now she just needs a hot pop album to promote. Where is #5 Gaga?

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Gospelartist03

#4027 [url]

Feb 7 16 7:39 PM

YASSSSSSSSSS She did a great job!! SANG Hunty, twitter saying she hit all the ethnic notes

I was actually nervous for her like it was me up there because you can tell it was live and lets be honest a lot of the fully live ones even with great voices like Carrie have not been that great. This might be one of the better ones for being all live and she was really feeling it towards the end.

#4028 [url]

Feb 8 16 1:19 AM

Gaga SLAYED the Star Spangled Banner. The comments I've seen have been pretty positive.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/watch-lady-gaga-perform-stirring-national-anthem-at-super-bowl-50-20160207
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2016/02/07/lady-gaga-super-bowl-national-anthem/79977402/
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/super-bowl/6867222/lady-gaga-national-anthem-super-bowl-watch

It's crazy how much she has done, and how much she has flipped her image around, since ARTPOP, without actually releasing a new studio album. She has done A LOT since then, I feel like she's everywhere lol

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#4030 [url]

Feb 8 16 11:06 AM

I agree with Mario. She sounded good, but man was the performance overbaked. Her need to be loved/praised just oozes out of her pores.

Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#4031 [url]

Feb 8 16 12:06 PM

She did go a little drama with the brave but overall It didn't feel that ego-centric tbh. I mean having a big name do the Anthem is in essence about them bringing their own spin on it anyway I'm still super impressed that it was all live and sounded that good. J-hud, of course Whitney, Mariah, faith hill, Beyoncé... All did a fine job with pre-recorded vocals but usually the live ones like Aretha, Christina, Carrie... Have all been lackluster and I think this maybe the best female live rendition.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#4032 [url]

Feb 8 16 12:45 PM

Yeah Gaga loves to be dramatic and it always shows. I also didn't like her hairdo, but the red Versace looked nice on her.

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#4033 [url]

Feb 8 16 4:59 PM

I thought her rendition of SSB was awesome. That's how Gaga sings, you either get Broadway Vocals or Pop Vocals. Either way its sounds great.

NhWxMaN

#4034 [url]

Feb 9 16 12:13 AM

I personally didn't really care for her performance. The vocals were fine, but there was something not clicking for me.

#4035 [url]

Feb 9 16 12:27 AM

NhWxMaN wrote:
I personally didn't really care for her performance. The vocals were fine, but there was something not clicking for me.

same for me.  i appreciated that it was live and it was pretty good, but there were parts that just felt more over the top lol

~Scoop me up and we can go
To that little spot where no one knows~

#4036 [url]

Feb 9 16 12:52 AM

I like her SSB rendition during a pride event a few years back better, but she did well yesterday re-introducing her talent to general public.

Kevon

Administrator

#4037 [url]

Feb 9 16 6:29 AM

She has definitely been taking classical vocal training to seems and it has been reflected in her recent performances. It'll be interesting to see how that comes across in her next 'normal' album - is she going to go down a more traditional route or is she going to back to being 'wacky'. I doubt she'll go all the way back because people were over that, plus you can tell she's phasing it out by dressing like a normal person

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

carlos b fly

Administrator

#4039 [url]

Feb 9 16 8:05 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
I agree with Mario. She sounded good, but man was the performance overbaked.

Indeed smiley: laugh It was about three clicks from musical theatre.

Colson

#4040 [url]

Feb 9 16 9:11 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
I agree with Mario. She sounded good, but man was the performance overbaked. Her need to be loved/praised just oozes out of her pores.

That's exactly what I had said when I first saw it. I thought it was too Broadway/Disney for my tastes. Just an ok performance.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help