Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#4001 [url]

Jan 24 16 8:59 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:
^^ but Diane is a power player and has been writing hits for decades, even if she is not hot right now , I don't see why she would be afraid of Gaga it doesn't add up. Listening to her perform it you can clearly hear Gaga's input in the melody. 

Of course it adds up. No one is checking for Diane Warren.
except the academy?  she just had an oscar nomination last year, smiley: wink

Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#4002 [url]

Jan 24 16 9:52 PM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:
^^ but Diane is a power player and has been writing hits for decades, even if she is not hot right now , I don't see why she would be afraid of Gaga it doesn't add up. Listening to her perform it you can clearly hear Gaga's input in the melody. 

tumblr_mzcyofDOKA1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#4003 [url]

Jan 25 16 12:08 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:

She's 0-for-7, though. 6 of those 7 were solo noms, and this latest song isn't even one that has the benefit of a high profile film. So, it definitely helps her chances to have Gaga attached. Again, Warren and others have literally said that was the point of bringing Gaga in. This isn't something anyone is assuming or pulling out of their butt.

Gospelartist03

#4004 [url]

Jan 25 16 12:43 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

She's 0-for-7, though. 6 of those 7 were solo noms, and this latest song isn't even one that has the benefit of a high profile film. So, it definitely helps her chances to have Gaga attached. Again, Warren and others have literally said that was the point of bringing Gaga in. This isn't something anyone is assuming or pulling out of their butt.
she hasn't/ probably won't win this one either so ?  I still don't get it.  basically you're saying she would lie about a fake co-writing credit just for the possibility of getting a nomination  of which she has had plenty?  its not like she thought it would become a radio smash because of gaga.   

I just think again we should take their word for it,  the song was written gaga came along and had ideas to make it better especially melodically and hence she is a co-writer.    I remember the big fuss when babyface got left out of the oscar for When you believe even though he was a co-writer for the whitney/mariah version because the academy went with the original score or something.  So would you say he should not be listed as a co-writer?   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#4005 [url]

Jan 25 16 9:24 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:

I think a quick glance at the lack of hits or major projects for God knows how many years pretty much solidifies no one is checking for her. She's no longer the go to songwriter she once was and her lack of big name bookings are all you need to say. Leona Lewis managed to hire her on a shoe string budget for Gods sake. 

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#4006 [url]

Jan 25 16 10:37 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
Gospelartist03 wrote:

she hasn't/ probably won't win this one either so ?  I still don't get it.  basically you're saying she would lie about a fake co-writing credit just for the possibility of getting a nomination  of which she has had plenty?  its not like she thought it would become a radio smash because of gaga.   

I just think again we should take their word for it,  the song was written gaga came along and had ideas to make it better especially melodically and hence she is a co-writer.    I remember the big fuss when babyface got left out of the oscar for When you believe even though he was a co-writer for the whitney/mariah version because the academy went with the original score or something.  So would you say he should not be listed as a co-writer?   

To your first sentence, that's exactly what they were saying before the Oscar nomination (that Gaga was brought in for marketability). The quotes you are mentioning all came after the Oscar nom and Perry's tweet. Before that, no one was saying Gaga did anything to change the song. Everything was centered on Warren writing the song and Gaga being brought in to give it more attention. Of course they are now going to try and make it seem like Gaga was a big part of the song, they are going for the Oscar win.

Nile Rogers has actually talked about his involvement in the song; he even gave chord change suggestions. He's not credited as either a writer or a producer.

How much of "WYB" did Babyface change? I know the song he produced sounds a lot different than the version in the film, but is the actual song/writing different? You also have to consider that the Academy has very strict rules about Original Song (i.e. the song has to be written for the movie and it has to be used in the movie or at the start of the credits or something). I say that because it's also possible the Babyface version didn't get used in a way that made it eligible.

Kevon

Administrator

#4007 [url]

Jan 25 16 12:41 PM

Hmm I just had a listen to the version in the film and I think the bridge "And it will always happen when..." was a new addition? So that may have been the bit which Babyface wrote?

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Kevon

Administrator

#4008 [url]

Jan 25 16 4:16 PM

Sorry if already posted but I see she confirmed that she will be releasing an album this year.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#4010 [url]

Jan 25 16 6:45 PM

mcfan wrote:
giphy.gif

That's my reaction to a new Gaga album too.

Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#4011 [url]

Jan 25 16 6:49 PM

Kevon wrote:
Hmm I just had a listen to the version in the film and I think the bridge "And it will always happen when..." was a new addition? So that may have been the bit which Babyface wrote?

Yes, Babyface added that for the pop version. But since it wasn't in the movie, he wasn't included on the Oscar nom. It's "They don't always happen when", btw. smiley: laugh

carlos b fly

Administrator

#4012 [url]

Jan 25 16 6:50 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:
giphy.gif

Don't take the bait. You know he's fishing.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#4013 [url]

Jan 25 16 7:13 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:
giphy.gif

What bait? I was just bored by the endless back and forth about the song still. It wasn't for anyone in particular.

I actually found David's reply to this very funny Carlos, don't be rude

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#4014 [url]

Jan 25 16 7:45 PM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

What bait? I was just bored by the endless back and forth about the song still. It wasn't for anyone in particular.

I actually found David's reply to this very funny laugh.gif Carlos, don't be rude tongue.gif

Yeah I knew what your gif was really about. I thought I was funny too. smiley: laughsmiley: laugh

mcfan

#Beautiful

#4015 [url]

Jan 25 16 7:51 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

I actually found David's reply to this very funny laugh.gif Carlos, don't be rude tongue.gif

Yeah I knew what your gif was really about. I thought I was funny too. smiley: laughsmiley: laugh
And that is why I love you

Gospelartist03

#4016 [url]

Jan 26 16 12:25 AM

we all knew what the gif was about, which is why it dried up quicker than an xtuna hit. I was ready with my receipts responses, but I must let it go

carlos b fly

Administrator

#4017 [url]

Jan 26 16 7:58 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

Masterfully done.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#4018 [url]

Jan 26 16 8:00 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
we all knew what the gif was about, which is why it dried up quicker than an xtuna hit.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#4019 [url]

Jan 26 16 4:27 PM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
we all knew what the gif was about, which is why it dried up quicker than an xtuna hit. I was ready with my receipts responses, but I must let it go laugh.gif
tumblr_nnop21HXpm1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Gospelartist03

#4020 [url]

Jan 27 16 3:57 PM

^^ still bitter I see keep holdin on boo

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help