Remove this ad

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#21 [url]

Sep 6 12 3:20 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
^ Are you thinking that you'd buy the Ap and get the album 'free' as a result?
No- I don't think that would even be technologically possible? But maybe you'd be able to unlock access to stream songs or something? All we can do is guess, really.

This type of release is definitely more exciting/interesting than when they were stocking Born This Way everywhere from Starbucks to over by the condoms at Rite Aid

Remove this ad

LegendaryShade

#22 [url]

Sep 6 12 3:22 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
^ Are you thinking that you'd buy the Ap and get the album 'free' as a result?

That would make sense. I mean, she gave away her last album for free via Amazon.
Actually, Amazon gave it away smiley: tongue. Interscope was paid the full price.

#23 [url]

Sep 6 12 3:28 PM

Maybe if you buy the album, inside there will be a unique code to redeem the app for free? I've seen that before with DVDs/Blu-ray. Or if you just want the app you have to pay for it? Who knows, but it does sound pretty interesting. There's A LOT of opportunity there.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

DutchLamb

#24 [url]

Sep 6 12 4:34 PM

Love it.

Gaga's response:

HEYLO! Good morning angels! been reading your comments/questions about ARTPOP APP and wanted to answer your questions!
1. ARTPOP APP will be available to work on computers (for example your laptops,) in addition to iPads, tablets, smartphone, Android, (compatible with as many formats that this technology can function on at this time) if you have a laptop this will fully suffice you to utilize it, so do not fret! I already anticipated you would say that  Nobody will be missing out on anything special! Nothing is different except I've giving you more stuff to play with and have fun.

2. It will not be more expensive than album. I find digital music to be overpriced (as it is not the same value as a physical copy) and this is a way to give you more.

2. Bjork (who had always been on the cutting edge) was the first artist to release her music in this way, to my knowledge. There are also other international underground musicians and business that use the APP as well to sell various products. The use of an APP as a way to sell albums, in my opinion is the future of music. I am in no way taking credit for the invention of the APP, or claiming to be the first artist to distribute music this way. An APP is "CANVAS" a medium. Like an MP3 is a medium for digital music, except I can attach a variety of sub-mediums within the APP to create a visual/interactive world for you. This world is built organically by the HAUS OF GAGA, and will be a completely unique and different experience from other music-sale based APPs because its inspired by us and the new sound of my music. However I am hoping that *god willing* the success of ARTPOPs music will propel the use of artist driven APPs further into the music industry stratosphere. Im excited to be apart of it. Ultimately the APP is unimportant if the music isn't great though right?

3. My vision for ARTPOP in general is also NOT EXCLUSIVE to the APP. That is just one element. THE ARTPOP PROJECT extends beyond the APP and there will be more surprises in the future NOT related to the APP, perhaps I did not make that clear. SORRY!!

4. I know how protective and loving you all are, especially after the last year. I respect and love you for looking out for me. I don't think I've ever made a personal request from you before but here goes…

Try to release the negativity of last year and open your hearts and minds to a more free-thinking, and happy year. ARTPOP is about POSSIBILITIES. Try not to stress or put energy into a fear that I will be attacked again. I will always be a warrior for you, and expect to be in a line of fire for the next 30 years. (I always expected/wanted to be this kind of polarizing figure) but, I want you to ENJOY THIS EXPERIENCE, don't allow fear of the media to propel you into a frenzy and steal your joy of whats to come. Please trust me. I've grown a lot this year. Lets grow together. I won't let you down.

love you cookie monsters,
LG"

"OH AND I FORGOT YOUR OTHER QUESTION
i don't have a deal with Apple, the iPad remark was a joke! although a deal with apple could be exciting! possibilities"

LegendaryShade

#26 [url]

Sep 6 12 4:42 PM

^ Ain't nobody forcing you to read messages she posts on a social networking site specifically for her fans.

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#29 [url]

Sep 6 12 7:10 PM

Mariahcareyfan123456 wrote:
Oh God just shut up and release the music already. She is so annoying now.

She's really getting worse by the minute.

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#30 [url]

Sep 6 12 7:12 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
^ Ain't nobody forcing you to read messages she posts on a social networking site specifically for her fans.

She's putting it out there in an open forum, it's not like it was a personal e-mail to a few friends. People are allowed to comment.

Remove this ad

#32 [url]

Sep 6 12 8:04 PM

^Gaga must generate a love or hate reaction out of people. smiley: laugh No middle of the road feelings.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

LegendaryShade

#34 [url]

Sep 6 12 10:55 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

She's putting it out there in an open forum, it's not like it was a personal e-mail to a few friends. People are allowed to comment.
So what? She's sharing how she's going to distribute her music with her fans. Who wouldn't want their favorite artist to do that? If you're not interested, don't read. 

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#35 [url]

Sep 6 12 11:20 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

So what? She's sharing how she's going to distribute her music with her fans. Who wouldn't want their favorite artist to do that? If you're not interested, don't read. 

Now u know Gaga could give her entire net worth to charity and David would still find some reason to talk ish about that. I can hear it now, 'OMG, she is so giving, who does that? it's so pretentious and unnecessary' smiley: laugh

Gospelartist03

#37 [url]

Sep 7 12 12:53 AM

Oh gosh I just meant she overhypes her music a lot and that was the problem with BTW for me because the same thing with the album and it was a let down.

The negativity of the past year she was referring to was people like you smiley: wink

#38 [url]

Sep 7 12 1:02 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
Oh gosh I just meant she overhypes her music a lot and that was the problem with BTW for me because the same thing with the album and it was a let down.

The negativity of the past year she was referring to was people like you smiley: wink
Good.
She released a subpar album and then released nothing but over indulgent music videos the entire era but promised "the album of the century" or some nonsense like that. The tour looks really good though.

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#39 [url]

Sep 7 12 1:25 AM

I think these artists in general should avoid making declarations about their music.

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Kevon

Administrator

#40 [url]

Sep 7 12 3:57 AM

^Agreed, I kind of like that Mariah is just saying "I'm making music I like and hopefully people will enjoy it", you don't really need to say anything or act like your music is the second coming.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help