Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#3961 [url]

Jan 15 16 9:58 AM

Seriously. She will slay Broadway. I can see her winning, thought it would be more likely for her to win for writing something, I feel.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3962 [url]

Jan 15 16 10:03 AM

I don't like the song, but congrats on the nom Gaga.

Now please get your ass together for the album.

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#3963 [url]

Jan 15 16 1:42 PM

Vincent wrote:
Well get ready for round two cuz Godga is nominated for an Oscar for "Til it Happens to You." Who's gon be livid if she wins that award? Time will tell...

She's got stiff competition with The Weeknd's 'Earned It' and Sam Smith's 'Writing's On The Wall'.

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#3964 [url]

Jan 15 16 2:40 PM

I will vomit if The Weekend wins. Him and that song are so overrated.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#3967 [url]

Jan 15 16 4:58 PM

mcfan wrote:

Now please get your ass together for the album.

Yeah, I'm really over Actor Gaga and Jazz Gaga. I want her back with a full, epic pop album this year.

esettle0

#3968 [url]

Jan 15 16 5:16 PM

Yea I don't think Gaga should act again until they start filming the next season of AHS.

And speaking of AHS, the finale was a bit of a letdown. And Gaga was barely in it, tho the show ended with her up to her usual antics of luring unsuspecting men in. I really hated Sarah Paulson playing this last minute new character, the physic lady. They could have ended the season way better. But overall, still my fave season.

#3969 [url]

Jan 15 16 8:08 PM

esettle0 wrote:
Yea I don't think Gaga should act again until they start filming the next season of AHS.

And speaking of AHS, the finale was a bit of a letdown. And Gaga was barely in it, tho the show ended with her up to her usual antics of luring unsuspecting men in. I really hated Sarah Paulson playing this last minute new character, the physic lady. They could have ended the season way better. But overall, still my fave season.

While she did show up last minute in Hotel, Sarah Paulson was playing Billie Dean Howard, who was the psychic from season 1 Murder House. In that season Jessica Lange's character hired Billie Dean to get in touch her with daughter Adelaide, and Billie discovered some spooky stuff. I thought it was a cool nod to season 1, but it was a bit random. *Sidenote: I loved that Queenie from Coven made an appearance on Hotel, but sad she was killed off! I like these references to past seasons.

I agree the finale was a bit anticlimactic, not bad, not great. My fav season as well.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#3970 [url]

Jan 18 16 4:09 PM

Linda Perry is going in on Gaga and her Beyonce-style writing of the Oscar-nominated song:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2016/01/18/linda-perry-lady-gaga-diane-warren/78960486/

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3971 [url]

Jan 18 16 5:54 PM

Considering Linda Perry has been donating money and credit to Christina Aguilesser she has no room to talk.

Besides, does she know if the Diane demo was recorded prior to her meeting Gaga? It could've been a demo from an early session between the two to use as a reference track and then the song went through further changes.

Demos don't mean anything when it comes to writing. They can be created at any stage of the process.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3972 [url]

Jan 18 16 6:02 PM

All other attempts at cheap shade I'll just completely ignore cause it ain't even worth it. #flush

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#3973 [url]

Jan 18 16 8:10 PM

Someone told me Gaga has said that Warren wrote the song. I will have to find where she said that, but if true this Oscar nom and potential win is really hollow.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3974 [url]

Jan 19 16 10:39 AM

Linda "old bitter hag" Perry has apologized by saying that she shouldn't have commented since she wasn't there when the song was written. Good, then stfu.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#3975 [url]

Jan 19 16 10:44 AM

mcfan wrote:
Linda "old bitter hag" Perry has apologized by saying that she shouldn't have commented since she wasn't there when the song was written. Good, then stfu.

Perry's actions were in poor taste, but again both Warren and Gaga have said Warren had written the song and Gaga came on later and changed a few things and more so was just credited on it to bring attention to the song. So, her getting an Oscar non for writing it still feels hollow.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3976 [url]

Jan 19 16 11:39 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Perry's actions were in poor taste, but again both Warren and Gaga have said Warren had written the song and Gaga came on later and changed a few things and more so was just credited on it to bring attention to the song. So, her getting an Oscar non for writing it still feels hollow.
Where did Gaga and Diane say that she was added for publicity? It was Linda Perry who said it in her tweets.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3977 [url]

Jan 21 16 8:10 AM

I heard "You And I" on the radio and I think I have a newfound appreciation for it now.

I never liked it or got into it when it was a single in 2011, and the video was also weird as f*ck. But I think the production is epic and Gaga SANG on it. Let me add to playlist.

Gospelartist03

#3978 [url]

Jan 22 16 2:14 AM

she let Elton john hear some songs and he is out blabbing it sounds like you and I bad romance... and that he didn't like art pop... I wish she would go all exclusive like beyonce cause people like Elton talking annoys me and reminds me of the past two eras. I really hope she pulls off an amazing album.

esettle0

#3979 [url]

Jan 22 16 9:18 AM

seanjonmc wrote:
esettle0 wrote:

While she did show up last minute in Hotel, Sarah Paulson was playing Billie Dean Howard, who was the psychic from season 1 Murder House. In that season Jessica Lange's character hired Billie Dean to get in touch her with daughter Adelaide, and Billie discovered some spooky stuff. I thought it was a cool nod to season 1, but it was a bit random. *Sidenote: I loved that Queenie from Coven made an appearance on Hotel, but sad she was killed off! I like these references to past seasons.

I agree the finale was a bit anticlimactic, not bad, not great. My fav season as well. smile.gif

ok well that makes sense, I didnt start watching AHS religiously until Coven. I saw most of season 2 on Netflix and only a couple episodes from  season 1.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3980 [url]

Jan 22 16 9:32 AM

Elton John LIVES for Gaga. He's a mess

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help