Remove this ad

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#61 [url]

Dec 5 12 5:08 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
Ke$ha (in the past) never had big debuts and tended to just stick around the BB200 because she had hit after hit after hit. The numbers are still pretty bad considering it's Xmas time.
Exactly and that's hardly better than what Rihanna sold in her second week (with the industry-wide Black Friday drop).

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#62 [url]

Dec 5 12 5:42 PM

Yikes at those numbers although it's not that surprising...the album is flaw free though. I don't think she has a Tik Tok up her sleeve but the album is consistent, features better singing/songwriting than her debut.

Quote    Reply   

#64 [url]

Dec 18 12 3:16 PM

Entertainment Weekly is pretty reliable, is this true?

Ke$ha's 'Die Young' takes steep drop on radio after Newtown

After the massacre in Newtown, Conn., last Friday, some radio stations across the country have pulled Ke$ha’s “Die Young” single from rotation, TMZ reports.

The Warrior song was the No. 3 single on the Billboard Hot 100 at the time of the tragic shooting, but it looks like the track is now plummeting from the charts. On Saturday, TMZ reports, airplay had dropped by 3 million listeners, and by Monday, that figure had fallen even further to about 148 million listeners — a 19 million drop from before the tragedy.

The last time a song or artist dropped this steeply? When the Dixie Chicks got themselves banned from country radio for dissing President Bush.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/12/18/kesha-die-young-newtown/

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

#65 [url]

Dec 18 12 3:17 PM

Just checked Pulse, damn @ Ke$ha's drop

Mediabase

1. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 189.469 (+ 1.363)
2. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 188.345 (+ 0.926)
3. KE$HA – Die Young: 140.838 (- 7.257)

Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#66 [url]

Dec 18 12 3:19 PM

^ It's true. Radio is dropping it like a stone ever since the tragedy occurred. It was already having negative updates, but this is accelerating its descent.

'Pumped Up Kicks' by Foster The People is also being dropped as a recurrent.

Quote    Reply   

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#67 [url]

Dec 20 12 1:17 AM

LegendaryShade wrote:
the album is flaw free though.

I can't agree, I think it's a weak follow-up, Animal/Cannibal are a lot better imo. A lot of the tracks seem really generic and redundant with the productions. And 'C'mon' is an awful follow up single imo.

Having said that, 'Crazy Kids', 'Thinking of You' and 'Love Into The Light' are epic-amazing single-worthy songs. 'Warrior' and 'Gold Trans Am' are cool songs too and of course 'Die Young'. 16 tracks was too many for this album, she should have cut out some of the filler and had 10-12 tracks.

Quote    Reply   

LegendaryShade

#68 [url]

Dec 26 12 6:01 PM

esettle0 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

I can't agree, I think it's a weak follow-up, Animal/Cannibal are a lot better imo. A lot of the tracks seem really generic and redundant with the productions. And 'C'mon' is an awful follow up single imo.

Having said that, 'Crazy Kids', 'Thinking of You' and 'Love Into The Light' are epic-amazing single-worthy songs. 'Warrior' and 'Gold Trans Am' are cool songs too and of course 'Die Young'. 16 tracks was too many for this album, she should have cut out some of the filler and had 10-12 tracks.
Have to agree with you- I wrote that high on stan mode smiley: laugh. It's definitely not as good as her first album. 

Quote    Reply   

kittykow105

#69 [url]

Dec 26 12 6:20 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

Have to agree with you- I wrote that high on stan mode smiley: laugh. It's definitely not as good as her first album. 

While it's not as great as her 1st two albums, it's still a pretty strong effort. I like how she went 70's rock on a lot of the songs. "Cannibal" is still her "Fame Monster" though. Both EP's sh*t on both of their entire discographies.

Quote    Reply   

LegendaryShade

#70 [url]

Dec 26 12 6:24 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

While it's not as great as her 1st two albums, it's still a pretty strong effort. I like how she went 70's rock on a lot of the songs. "Cannibal" is still her "Fame Monster" though. Both EP's sh*t on both of their entire discographies.
Meh. The singles from Cannibal were FIERCE, the album tracks ranged from pleasant to mediocre imo. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

kittykow105

#71 [url]

Dec 26 12 6:26 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

Meh. The singles from Cannibal were FIERCE, the album tracks ranged from pleasant to mediocre imo. 

Maybe so, but "Cannibal," "We R Who We R," "Sleazy" and "Blow" are her best songs PERIOD. However, I will say the Switch remix of "Animal" is my favorite Ke$ha song!

Quote    Reply   

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#72 [url]

Dec 26 12 9:49 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

Maybe so, but "Cannibal," "We R Who We R," "Sleazy" and "Blow" are her best songs PERIOD.

Fail

Quote    Reply   

kittykow105

#73 [url]

Dec 27 12 11:58 AM

esettle0 wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

Maybe so, but "Cannibal," "We R Who We R," "Sleazy" and "Blow" are her best songs PERIOD.

Fail

LOL, judging by your one word response, I presume you like the "Animal" album the best Ericquita?

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#74 [url]

Dec 29 12 9:04 AM

kittykow105 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:

Maybe so, but "Cannibal," "We R Who We R," "Sleazy" and "Blow" are her best songs PERIOD. However, I will say the Switch remix of "Animal" is my favorite Ke$ha song!

Blow is such an amazing song!

Quote    Reply   

#79 [url]

Apr 19 13 2:46 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
This is all looking a bit bleak. I'm sensing a dropping.....

As in, dropping from her label? If Ciara is still releasing music and she hasn't had a hit since God knows when, Ke$ha should be fine....for now.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#80 [url]

Apr 19 13 4:13 PM

Ciara >> Ke$ha.

You tried it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help