Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#8741 [url]

Aug 10 17 3:54 PM

^Nothing is worse than S5-6, but it was definitely a big disappointment compared to S7-8.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8742 [url]

Aug 10 17 4:05 PM

Thinking about the Tinsley-Bethenny thing some more and it was actually disgusting of Bethenny to make that comment about Tinsley's drinking on camera. It seemed premeditated, like she wanted to put it out there so it would be a talking point at the reunion. That's a very ugly side of Bethenny- she likes to prey on someone's weakness and expose it, so that way no one is looking at her and her own skeletons. She did the same thing to Jules last year. VERY ugly side.

Quote    Reply   

#8743 [url]

Aug 10 17 7:04 PM

jamiclever wrote:
charmbracelet87 wrote:
The finale was implying Bethenny is "seeing through her." I felt jealousy from Bethenny when she was talking about Tinsley.

I also enjoyed Carole a lot this season, but that doesn't necessarily mean I think she should stay. It's interesting because I think NYC has a few ladies who act as a bit of the greek chorus role -- Carole, Bethenny, and sober Dorinda are all very intelligent and sharp. It'll be interesting to see how they move forward with casting next season, but I love all of these ladies so I'm good with no changes (plus Jill, of course). 

I agree for the most part that I would be fine with keeping the cast the same for next season. I didn't get to see any previews of the Reunion, but I'm thinking it will be a little boring TBH. Unless there's going to be something substantial about LuAnn's marriage, but I know that she timed the divorce announcement strategically.

Quote    Reply   

#8744 [url]

Aug 10 17 7:08 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Thinking about the Tinsley-Bethenny thing some more and it was actually disgusting of Bethenny to make that comment about Tinsley's drinking on camera. It seemed premeditated, like she wanted to put it out there so it would be a talking point at the reunion. That's a very ugly side of Bethenny- she likes to prey on someone's weakness and expose it, so that way no one is looking at her and her own skeletons. She did the same thing to Jules last year. VERY ugly side.

So funny that you mentioned Jules. I was just thinking about how gross it was what she did to Jules, and how it reminded me of the jealousy that she's feeling toward Tinsley. She went after Jules for her eating disorder and her religion. But the "reasons" she had for bringing those up was so unwarranted and vicious. And the comment she made about coming on the show "To get divorced" was vile. Even if it were true. 

She just came off jealous with Tinsley. I got the sense she's bitter that Tinsley is attractive, has family money, and doesn't have to hustle and push everyone away in order to get to where she is in life. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#8745 [url]

Aug 11 17 2:36 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
^Nothing is worse than S5-6, but it was definitely a big disappointment compared to S7-8.

Agreed. S5 - 6 were the nadir of the show but this year has been a big stepdown after last years absolute epic, franchise classic season. Its been very RHOBH Season 5 to then 6 style drop off.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#8746 [url]

Aug 11 17 2:41 PM

charmbracelet87 wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
charmbracelet87 wrote:
The finale was implying Bethenny is "seeing through her." I felt jealousy from Bethenny when she was talking about Tinsley.

I also enjoyed Carole a lot this season, but that doesn't necessarily mean I think she should stay. It's interesting because I think NYC has a few ladies who act as a bit of the greek chorus role -- Carole, Bethenny, and sober Dorinda are all very intelligent and sharp. It'll be interesting to see how they move forward with casting next season, but I love all of these ladies so I'm good with no changes (plus Jill, of course). 

I agree for the most part that I would be fine with keeping the cast the same for next season.

I'm pretty happy with the cast. I mean, Carole is sh!t but I know she's basically an extension of Bethenny as this stage so we're stuck with her. I'd only say drop Tinsley for Jill and you've got a cast dynamic that's flawless and with Jill's return (plus LuAnn's divorce), you've basically written an entire season narrative right there and then.

Quote    Reply   

#8747 [url]

Aug 11 17 2:53 PM

Season 5-6 were stellar compared to this mess. Literally nothing happened. The Ramona/Bethenny stuff seemed as real as Ramonas new face. Any other "drama" centred around left over storylines from season 8 and a the Tinsley Sonja stuff just wasn't interesting. At we had an iconic leg throw in season 6 as contrived as it was.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#8748 [url]

Aug 11 17 3:18 PM

mimifan09 wrote:
Season 5-6 were stellar compared to this mess. Literally nothing happened. The Ramona/Bethenny stuff seemed as real as Ramonas new face. Any other "drama" centred around left over storylines from season 8 and a the Tinsley Sonja stuff just wasn't interesting. At we had an iconic leg throw in season 6 as contrived as it was.

The cast this season is a billion times better than S6, which was absolutely shite. Kristen, Heather, Carole and a barely present Aviva made for an appallingly dull season, a charisma vacuum that would make a black hole look inviting. At least this season you've had kinetic players like Bethenny, the brilliance of Dorinda and solid enough showings from Lu, Sonja and Ramona. Plus, the cast actually have a good chemistry among each other which makes even their base interactions interesting.

This elevates the season even though - as you say - absolutely nothing bloody happened.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8749 [url]

Aug 11 17 5:56 PM

Yeah I don't see how anyone could make the case that S6 was better than S9. S6's cast dynamic was completely off and it was clear they were all struggling to manufacture drama. S9's Mexico trip alone was better than all of S6. Bethenny is a lot of terrible things, but she, as well as Dorinda, did totally revitalize the series in S7. S9 was disappointing yes, but the chemistry of the cast is undeniable. The S5-S6 cast might just be the worst Housewives cast of all time.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#8750 [url]

Aug 11 17 6:49 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Yeah I don't see how anyone could make the case that S6 was better than S9. S6's cast dynamic was completely off and it was clear they were all struggling to manufacture drama. S9's Mexico trip alone was better than all of S6. Bethenny is a lot of terrible things, but she, as well as Dorinda, did totally revitalize the series in S7. S9 was disappointing yes, but the chemistry of the cast is undeniable. The S5-S6 cast might just be the worst Housewives cast of all time.

Totally. Ramona, as foolish as she can be, could even clearly see how dull and bad the sixth season was and was desperately doing whatever she could to inject something exciting into things. Do you remember also the AWFUL budget.com trips? Christ, what an awful season. Don't even get me started on Aviva with her fake antics and the smug "we're so cool" duo of Carole and Heather becoming like chewing acid every episode.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#8751 [url]

Yes I am this bored but I was hearing Vicki go on about her businesses for the 100th time so I googled her company. You click the link and it gets a 502 bad gateway which comes up as a misspelled URL: http://www.cotoinsurnace.com/

Is this the woman who for 9 seasons has been bragging about how successful her business? Has it gone bust or has no one realised their website link doesn't work?

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#8754 [url]

Yeah it definitely doesn't work for me, you search Coto Insurance and the first one said bad gateway and for some reason the URL changes to a misspelled version This will definitely be her S13 storyline. Along with a long monologue about how she needs to do everything herself, which will lead into how this is a euphemism for her life in general

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8755 [url]

NYC: Boring reunion. Can't believe they're gonna drag this out over three parts, remember when three-parters were reserved for only the most epic seasons? Now they're just doing them for the sake of it, even if it means putting in boring stupid stuff that used to end up in the 'Secrets Revealed' episode.

Quote    Reply   

#8756 [url]

Lol, I actually didn't find this episode boring. Maybe it's because I just find these ladies hilarious, but they keep me interested without any huge fights. It's also nice to see they can all laugh at themselves and each other -- it was particularly nice to see Ramona say she regrets her behavior (i guess she does that at the end of every season) and hear them all applaud her for looking so great at 60. Sonja and Dorinda were also both hilarious.

The LuAnn stuff was hard to watch and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any easier. I wonder if she really didn't know about all these indiscretions or if she just thought she could keep them hidden -- she obviously ended up being bothered by them. I actually felt bad for her -- she looked like she was gonna start crying when she said she'd stayed at the hotel the night before. Again, I actually did think it was nice that the ladies seem to genuinely care for her (even if there is/was jealousy involved).

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#8757 [url]

BeyondIdolization wrote:
NYC: Boring reunion. Can't believe they're gonna drag this out over three parts, remember when three-parters were reserved for only the most epic seasons? Now they're just doing them for the sake of it, even if it means putting in boring stupid stuff that used to end up in the 'Secrets Revealed' episode. eyes.gif

Yeah, I hate how bloat has become a terrible habit of the franchise. Before a 3 parter meant an epic reunion that justified the trio of episodes. Now its literally like ANY sh!t season can get one. The fact this and Season 6 got 3 parters is laughable and only highlights how weak the season was all over again. Anyway, this was dull and one of those brain on auto-pilot watches. Only nice bit was seeing Bethenny and Ramona clearly on good terms again.

The LuAnn stuff was all diluted and meaningless, as we already know how fake it all was.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8758 [url]

It was meaningless, but I agree with jami that it was the only interesting part. Luann just looked really sad and defeated, like even the Countess steel facade wasn't working, like even she didn't believe what she was saying. Hopefully she shows her vulnerability next season and doesn't go into some 'the jealous women ruined my marriage' tirade.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#8759 [url]

I agree LuAnn just looked defeated. You could tell she was just being kicked whilst she's down at this point. A clusterfuck of stories being thrown at her might have been easy to bat off when she was still hopeful but obviously she knew it was over so this was just salt in the wound.

Bethenny pulling up Ramona for the way she treats people was a double edged sword. Bethenny was clearly just doing it as it was something people are starting to catch onto. But at the same time, it also needs to be said. The way she speaks to staff is so bad. I can totally see her pushing past people and ignoring them in the elevators

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#8760 [url]

^Ramona is HORRIBLE to people that are not 'important', which is a disgusting trait. Just look how she treated Sonja's poor neighbor earlier in the season, like she wasn't even worth her breath to say a simple hello to.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help