Remove this ad

avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,432

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#8701 [url]

Aug 3 17 9:36 AM

jamiclever wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
 Ugh, all of these women suck.-- welp, at least they suck enough to make them wildly entertaining 

Except they're not entertaining anymore imo. This season is basically women who hate absolutely each other plus two randoms with no connection to the cast (Lydia and Peggy- and neither one is working out). It's clear they can't do a show revolving around Vicki, Tamra and Shannon anymore. Kelly was a great villain last season but is just awkward now. The whole thing is kind of painful to watch at this point.
Lol, I'm surprised you feel that way -- IMO it seems like they're at least setting up some major blowouts to happen between Vicki/Shannon/Kelly/Tamra and maybe Kelly/Megan? Though I'm beginning to wonder if Shannon is even willing to give Vicki any more than a glance. I guess since I've never really cared for any of them, I'll settle for mindless throwdowns -- I don't even care who's involved. smiley: laugh



Even though OC has always been on the darker side, this season is too dark and depressing and disjointed. Nothing about the relationships or storylines feels real and everyone is so unlikable (even Lydia!). I mean just compare it to last night's NYC; there was laughter, silliness, fighting - and sweet makeups. NYC is just so much lighter and at the end of the day you feel there's a connection between the women. This season's OC is nothing like that and is kind of a chore to sit through.


  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#8702 [url]

Aug 3 17 11:04 AM

Last night's NY was amazing. From beginning to end I was on the floor laughing, mostly thanks to Sonja and Dorinda. All the NY ladies need is a drink and a vacation and off they go to some of the best housewives episodes ever.

I can't believe next week is the finale already! So a shorter season with not much going on, but still enjoyable. It looks like the finale will take us into next season's storyline, which seems to inevitably be about LuAnn/Tom's divorce.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,432

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#8705 [url]

Aug 3 17 2:39 PM

jamiclever wrote:
Last night's NY was amazing. From beginning to end I was on the floor laughing, mostly thanks to Sonja and Dorinda. All the NY ladies need is a drink and a vacation and off they go to some of the best housewives episodes ever.

I can't believe next week is the finale already! So a shorter season with not much going on, but still enjoyable. It looks like the finale will take us into next season's storyline, which seems to inevitably be about LuAnn/Tom's divorce.


It'll be 19 regular episodes, so only one episode less than S8. Even 19 was overkill, the first half of the season nothing happened. These Mexico episodes were amazing though and kind of made up for an otherwise blah season. Btw Tinsley has grown on me, she's been more vocal in the last few episodes. I kind of want her to get a second season with hopefully meatier storylines!

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,470 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#8708 [url]

Aug 5 17 9:54 AM

NYC - As I predicated, Bethenny and Ramona were always going to make up. There is too much love there, the issues too silly and they are both at fault - Ramona is having a breakdown and clearly not as happy as she's making out while Bethenny is too much of a controlling know it all and spent this season mini-directing as much negative perceptions as possible to others so she doesn't look as much as mouthy and bitter as many felt she became last season.

This trip was fun and hysterical that it was essentially just one giant drinking session. Interesting how many of them have an axe to grind with Bethenny. I don't believe Dorinda for a second with the next morning turnabout. Like many of them on the cast, I think she's got some really pent up annoyance at Bethenny.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,470 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#8709 [url]

Aug 5 17 10:02 AM

jamiclever wrote:
Welp:

http://pagesix.com/2017/08/03/its-official-luann-and-tom-file-for-divorce/


Jesus, this is awful. I'm not remotely shocked of course but you at least hoped it would last more than seven months. Lu needs to be very careful with this. She all but tabled this season from focusing on her marriage (much to the anger of Bravo). If she follows the same path with the divorce, I could see her being booted after next season / demoted again. She won't even have the Countess stuff to fall back onto anymore.

Basically, she needs to bring all her sh!t to the table for Season 10.
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,432

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#8710 [url]

Aug 5 17 4:00 PM

Lu played this very well though- she announced after the reunion was taped, meaning Andy couldn't get the scoop so now they basically HAVE to bring her back for S10. Everyone will want to hear Lu's side of the story and the other women's reactions. Regardless, everyone seems to love 'drunk Lu' so I think her spot was secured with the Mexico trip anyway.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,470 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#8711 [url]

Aug 5 17 5:51 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Lu played this very well though- she announced after the reunion was taped, meaning Andy couldn't get the scoop so now they basically HAVE to bring her back for S10. Everyone will want to hear Lu's side of the story and the other women's reactions.

It was smart. She just better bring that story though or and not be "I don't want to discuss it" or I can see her being out with S11.
  

Quote    Reply   

#8712 [url]

Aug 5 17 6:46 PM

Eh, I really don't think any of the NY ladies are in danger except probably Tinsley. The cast is solid enough as is and IMO they might just switch out Tinsley for a returning castmember (hopefully Jill, but potentially Heather or even Kelly).

Last Edited By: jamiclever Aug 5 17 6:54 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#8713 [url]

Aug 7 17 12:29 AM

The only former cast member I think they would ever attempt bringing back to NYC is Jill. I won't be surprised to see B leave after this season especially now that she has her spinoff. I think Heather was over it and never really brought anything to the table. As for Kelly, I don't think the producers want to deal with her. After rewatching Scary Island this week to part 2 of that years reunion, she really doesn't grasp anything. I honestly find her the biggest liability of any house Wife in any franchise. Even over Kim Richards. There really was no telling what she would do IMO. After rewatching those episodes, there clearly is something wrong. As entertaining and hilarious it was, it was sad to watch her. With all that said, it'll be interesting to see who goes this season. Andy has questioned a lot of people about Ramona in the past few weeks on WWHL. But seeing though it's season 10, they might try to have everyone stay and bring back Jill. Maybe Bethenny has lightened to that idea

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,470 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#8716 [url]

Aug 7 17 8:50 AM

dwhite725 wrote:
The only former cast member I think they would ever attempt bringing back to NYC is Jill. I won't be surprised to see B leave after this season especially now that she has her spinoff. I think Heather was over it and never really brought anything to the table. As for Kelly, I don't think the producers want to deal with her. 

Agreed. Andy knows the amount of interest Jill coming back would bring and there just isn't any for a Heather, Alex (sadly) or Kelly return. I've said many a time Kelly had to go by S4, I think she was a lawsuit or massive PR bomb just waiting to happen due to how deeply unstable she was (and not even in a Kim Richards trying to control it way).

I feel like the show is circling around a Jill return now, in the same way with Sheree. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,470 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#8717 [url]

Aug 7 17 8:53 AM

mcfan wrote:
If Ramona goes NYC is over. They might as well cancel the show.

Really? I love her and she's carried the show for nine years (hell, she should have got a medal for keeping it afloat during S5 - 6) but with Bethenny, LuAnn and Sonja in place I could easily see the show surviving. This said, Ramona will be going nowhere - she's liked by the cast, even at worst tolerated by viewers and always manages to turn around her missteps to get the audience back on side. 

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,972

#Beautiful

#8719 [url]

Aug 7 17 9:40 AM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
If Ramona goes NYC is over. They might as well cancel the show.

Really? I love her and she's carried the show for nine years (hell, she should have got a medal for keeping it afloat during S5 - 6) but with Bethenny, LuAnn and Sonja in place I could easily see the show surviving.  
Bethenny is clearly over these ladies and the show. LuAnn has been dull and Sonja well she doesn't work without Ramona. WELP. 

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,470 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#8720 [url]

Aug 7 17 9:56 AM

mcfan wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:
If Ramona goes NYC is over. They might as well cancel the show.

Really? I love her and she's carried the show for nine years (hell, she should have got a medal for keeping it afloat during S5 - 6) but with Bethenny, LuAnn and Sonja in place I could easily see the show surviving.  
Bethenny is clearly over these ladies and the show. LuAnn has been dull and Sonja well she doesn't work without Ramona. WELP. 


True, Sonja is really part of the Ramona package. LuAnn is a very difficult one to sum up. She's often quite up and down from season to season. Like last season she was a pivotal character in a golden season while this year she's become a right bore (her only memorable contribution this season will be collapsing pissed into a bush). 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help