Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#6761 [url]

Sep 7 16 4:31 PM

I honestly think Dorinda has been the best new addition to a franchise since Kenya.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#6762 [url]

Sep 7 16 5:15 PM

^I'd agree with that. Dorinda has been a great addition, and she's the rare mix of crazy and likable which not many housewives pull off. For the international versions, Gamble was an awesome addition to Melbourne imo.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6763 [url]

Sep 7 16 6:00 PM

mcfan wrote:
I honestly think Dorinda has been the best new addition to a franchise since Kenya.

I think Lisa Rinna beats out Dorinda. Rinna made Season 5 of RHOBH iconic. Dorinda is great but has never matched the franchise defining moments of the Amsterdam meltdown.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#6764 [url]

Sep 7 16 6:09 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

I think Lisa Rinna beats out Dorinda. Rinna made Season 5 of RHOBH iconic. Dorinda is great but has never matched the franchise defining moments of the Amsterdam meltdown.

Does one iconic scene mean she's a better housewife though? Because imo Dorinda is much more fun, entertaining and likable as a character, and adds more to her franchise, than Lisa Rinna. Rinna had that one great moment of crazy, but overall I don't think she's much to write home about. If she left the show I wouldn't really care either way, but if Dorinda exited it would be a big blow to RHONY imo.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6765 [url]

Sep 7 16 6:34 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
mcfan wrote:

Does one iconic scene mean she's a better housewife though? Because imo Dorinda is much more fun, entertaining and likable as a character, and adds more to her franchise, than Lisa Rinna. Rinna had that one great moment of crazy, but overall I don't think she's much to write home about. If she left the show I wouldn't really care either way, but if Dorinda exited it would be a big blow to RHONY imo.

To say who is best is obviously down to personal preference so I can't offer much. I guess then, in terms of impact, Rinna has offered more so far. They are both good Housewives either way and share a common thread of they love being on their shows and it comes across brilliantly onscreen. I absolutely think Kenya, Dorinda and Rinna have been the best additions to the franchise the last few years, both in terms of quality and what they've brought respectively.

Quote    Reply   

#6766 [url]

Sep 7 16 8:36 PM

Dorinda and Rinna are both great housewives for sure, but I give the edge to Dorinda.  She had plenty of huge moments this season (mostly in the first half with all of the John drama), and her "I made it nice" comment is probably the most memorable line of the season. And yea, she somehow manages to stay likable despite being a drunk and a big pot stirrer Meanwhile, Rinna really annoyed me by the end of last season-- it wasn't even necessarily her fault (they ALL annoyed me by the end of last season). She's still great tv though. 

I think Erika has a chance to add her name to the "greatest additions" list if she's willing to put in a little more effort next season. She has an incredible presence and hilarious delivery, but she needs to get into the drama more. We saw flashes (like her SCREAMING on Yolanda's behalf at that dinner party), so she's obviously capable of dishing it out. I'd also like to hear a little more about her personal story/relationship-- if she's willing to give it, she'd definitely be up there.

Quote    Reply   

#6767 [url]

Sep 7 16 10:37 PM

Dorinda is great because she is so many things all at once. Classy, a drunk, a widow. I love her metaphors. Erika, just no. Her relationship grosses me out (no offense). Her husband is like 85. It makes it hard to see her as anything but a ruthless golddigger. Like Anna Nicole Smith. I wonder if they're heading for divorce.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6768 [url]

Sep 8 16 5:29 AM

jamiclever wrote:

I think Erika has a chance to add her name to the "greatest additions" list if she's willing to put in a little more effort next season. She has an incredible presence and hilarious delivery, but she needs to get into the drama more. We saw flashes (like her SCREAMING on Yolanda's behalf at that dinner party), so she's obviously capable of dishing it out. I'd also like to hear a little more about her personal story/relationship-- if she's willing to give it, she'd definitely be up there.

I was really won over by Erika. She wasn't quite a breakout star like Rinna or Kenya. I think she's gonna need to be more of a boiler like Dorinda was (who was okay but didn't get to show her full potential until her next season). Erika will need to work hard in the next season though. With Yolanda gone, she'll need to get more involved.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6769 [url]

Sep 8 16 7:15 AM

NYC - I think LuAnn used the right word for Bethenny when 'projection' came up. While I don't disagree with many of the things she says, she goes extra and that's being driven by her own demons. The divorce, her health, whatever.....just looking at the phone clip video shows you have much pent up emotions are bubbling under and likely influencing her. I love that Ramona had crumpled receipts stashed down her cushion or whatever, whipping them out on demand for LuAnn smiley: laugh

LuAnn even dismissing Sonja so callously shows how far she'll go to preserve the lies and image. She is utterly deluded.  

Quote    Reply   

#6770 [url]

Sep 8 16 9:10 AM

NYC Reunion Part II

I love the new Sonja! I hope she can stay like this. Her act of playing dumb and delusional wasn't entertaining anymore. And it was always obvious that she is one of the more intelligent women on the show (for whatever that's worth).

Bethenny went so below the belt. I know that nobody cares because it was aimed at Jules who won't be on the show any longer, but just WOW. She wouldn't back down about the eating disorder, and she was so wrong about it. It is courageous of Jules to be open about it, and being open about it doesn't mean that she is asking to be ridiculed about it. And then talking about someone's parenting? Yikes. Especially when Bethenny knows what it is like to go through a divorce and custody battle. The worst was when Bethenny said that she doesn't represent Judaism well. That is so not OK to talk about someone's religion like that. Admittedly I thought the Hawaiian Punch was an odd choice for kiddush (and not kosher), but to say she was representing it badly?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#6771 [url]

Sep 8 16 9:18 AM

charmbracelet87 wrote:
Erika, just no. Her relationship grosses me out (no offense). Her husband is like 85. It makes it hard to see her as anything but a ruthless golddigger. Like Anna Nicole Smith. I wonder if they're heading for divorce.

Agreed. Erika is SO overrated. Her marriage is obviously a gold digger/sugardaddy arrangement and she seemed scared of him at times. She says she's so real yet we know nothing about her life or past really. Plus for most of the arguments she just sat there quiet (I hate housewives who don't get involved in the drama). She has the TV charisma, yes, but she needs to step it up big time imo.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#6772 [url]

Sep 8 16 9:29 AM

Bethenny and her big ole messy boots need to have a seat.

LuAnn needs to stop pretending too. She's better when she's real.

Quote    Reply   

#6773 [url]

Sep 8 16 11:10 AM

The problem with that "jewish" comment was that Bethenny made it seem like Jules hiring a nanny and not wanting to wait in line at a sample sale was a "jewish" thing. That's not a Jewish thing and I don't think Jules made it seem like it was. That's a "rich people" thing-- there's a big difference. I'm a Jew and I never had a nanny (and have never been to a sample sale, at that).

In terms of the LuAnn stuff, the only issue any of the women should have with her is that she didn't ask Sonja or Ramona if it was ok with them before she started dating Tom. THAT is breaking girl code, and something she has never apologized for. Beyond that, anything else is her problem. Why does anyone else care if she wants to be with a man who isn't trustworthy? Lu can handle it, I'm sure.

I live for Sonja. It's funny because despite how wild of a drunk she can be, she's probably the classiest one of them all (when sober)-- a sweetheart who knows how to treat others. I'm still sad to see a wedge between her and Ramona-- and I blame Ramona. She should be more defensive of Sonja-- Sonja ALWAYS had Ramona's back when other people bashed her. She deserves the same.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6774 [url]

Sep 8 16 11:57 AM

jamiclever wrote:

In terms of the LuAnn stuff, the only issue any of the women should have with her is that she didn't ask Sonja or Ramona if it was ok with them before she started dating Tom. THAT is breaking girl code, and something she has never apologized for.

The worst bit of it is, LuAnn was living in Sonja's house while this whole messy saga started. That's pretty awful.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6775 [url]

Sep 8 16 11:58 AM

jamiclever wrote:
The problem with that "jewish" comment was that Bethenny made it seem like Jules hiring a nanny and not wanting to wait in line at a sample sale was a "jewish" thing. That's not a Jewish thing and I don't think Jules made it seem like it was. That's a "rich people" thing-- there's a big difference. I'm a Jew and I never had a nanny (and have never been to a sample sale, at that).

I didn't get any of that either. The fact Bethenny didn't really offer why Jules was being "a bad Jew" just made it even more ridiculous.

Quote    Reply   

#6777 [url]

Sep 8 16 12:25 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:

In terms of the LuAnn stuff, the only issue any of the women should have with her is that she didn't ask Sonja or Ramona if it was ok with them before she started dating Tom. THAT is breaking girl code, and something she has never apologized for.

The worst bit of it is, LuAnn was living in Sonja's house while this whole messy saga started. That's pretty awful.

I think it seemed like LuAnn was remorseful toward the end of the episode. Sonja is clearly playing up for the cameras about the "relationship." It is pretty obvious; she kept changing her story each time. Same with Ramona. 

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#6778 [url]

Sep 8 16 12:26 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Nene on Twitter: “I wasn’t asked 2 b a full time housewife or part time but they got Sheree & I think Kim Z.”

Yass the only way I'll watch if Nene isn't there. 

Wow not even a cameo?

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6779 [url]

Sep 8 16 12:39 PM

charmbracelet87 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:

I think it seemed like LuAnn was remorseful toward the end of the episode. Sonja is clearly playing up for the cameras about the "relationship."

Sonja is working quite hard at this reunion I thought. There were moments where she just looks utterly bored and tuned out, then realised she needs to ham it up for screentime and than the dramatics kick in smiley: laugh smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6780 [url]

Sep 8 16 12:40 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Nene on Twitter: “I wasn’t asked 2 b a full time housewife or part time but they got Sheree & I think Kim Z.”

Kim and Sheree back? We are much blessed. smiley: eek smiley: happy

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help