Remove this ad

#6741 [url]

Sep 5 16 10:42 AM

^ I'm not sure about Sonja, but Ramona would have DEFINITELY done it (and loved every second of it). Plus, if Tom was really making out with other women in public, the ladies would have found out about it anyway and made it a topic on the reunion. As is, we know that Ramona presents some sort of "evidence" and I'm sure it's gonna be another instance of Tom being unfaithful...

Bethenny's attitude has been gross this season, but I don't necessarily see this as the "bomb" that others are. Still, I wonder how Bethenny will respond to this-- she claims to be the ultimate "truth cannon" after all.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6742 [url]

Sep 5 16 11:01 AM

charmbracelet87 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:
^ Hmmm--- I'm kinda split on this one. I mean, if Bethenny had said no, I'm sure the producers would have just gotten one of the other housewives to do it. It was actually stupid of them to choose Bethenny-- she's the only one strong enough to negotiate with them. I'm sure Ramona would have done it for FUN!

This is the issue though. I don't think the other women would have done it. The feeling online is none of them would have done it on camera, which is exactly what Bravo wanted and Bethenny was even reluctant until the sweetner of a producer credit was offered and cast iron evidence. Its all very juicy if its true.  

Really?

Really.

I don't think the producers had the confidence giving this to anyone else would have worked as well or the way they ultimately wanted it (which was Reality TV gold executed to absolute perfection in delivery and reaction). I don't think anyone would have done it as well (in terms of TV viewing), dramatically or in the utterly raw manner Bethenny did it. a) because she does truly hate LuAnn and everything she stands for and b) she's getting Andy to give her a payrise and promotion.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#6743 [url]

Sep 5 16 11:40 AM

Yeah producers knew Bethenny is the only one callous enough AND with enough hatred for Lu to actually go through with it. Imo Even Ramona, even if entertaining it for a moment, ultimately would feel too dirty about it.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6744 [url]

Sep 5 16 1:25 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Yeah producers knew Bethenny is the only one callous enough AND with enough hatred for Lu to actually go through with it. Imo Even Ramona, even if entertaining it for a moment, ultimately would feel too dirty about it.

Yes, I could see Ramona getting flustered and uncomfortable doing it. Tripping over words. Babbling a hundred miles an hour. It would have been more comedic than shocking and intense. Bravo absolutely wanted a full on, dramatic finale to the season and they chose the right person to help pull it off.

Quote    Reply   

#6745 [url]

Sep 6 16 10:25 AM

Orange County: It looks like things are going to be more interesting if Meghan can really call out Heather and Tamra turns on Shannon (about being the victim). I hope Meghan realizes that nobody cares about her IVF story and going after Heather would be amazing. Heather has to be the most pretentious housewife ever, so it's about time someone takes her down a peg, and Meghan is a bit more of a formidable opponent than Kelly (who I am loving).

When is Chateau Dubrow going to be completed? The only reason I could stand her being on the show was seeing her huge home.

Quote    Reply   

#6746 [url]

Sep 6 16 10:48 AM

I cannot believe Meghan King Edmonds got one season on the housewives, let alone 2. She's one of the absolute worst casting decisions ever and I know a few women who have gone through IVF who are actually appalled by how Meghan has presented it on the show (drinking up until the last second and all). The only good thing about her is that she brought Kelly to the show, who is nuttier than a bag of cashews.

Meghan won't stand a chance against Heather-- she can't verbalize anything. She's a baby step ahead of Jules in the speaking department-- words fail both of them.

Quote    Reply   

#6747 [url]

Sep 6 16 11:31 AM

LOL. Good points. Meghan likely is/was on on show because Andy I a big Cardinals fan. She's boring, and, as you said, struggles to speak. It's painful to watch her and her husband's super awkward arrangement. I will love it regardless if she takes on Heather. Meghan might be boring, but I have her to thank for putting the nails in Brooks' coffin.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#6748 [url]

Sep 6 16 12:08 PM

Yeah it's astonishing that Meghan was brought back for a second season. She's so dull and I cringe watching her gush about her pregnancy while her gay husband daydreams about his next visit to the gloryhole. In that case Lizzie was a lot more charismatic and I'm sure would've gladly taken Meghan's place on the show. Re: Kelly, she was supposed to come on the show a couple seasons ago, it had nothing to do with Meghan- that was a phony TV "friendship" to introduce Kelly this season.

By the preview it looks like things will shift a little momentarily which is refreshing, although we know Tamra and Vicki had a falling out again during the season.

Btw, how AWFUL and ice cold of Meghan and Jimmy not to go see Vicki in the hospital! Even if they're not close friends, she knew Vicki had been airlifted and had no one with her at the hospital. She wrote in her blog that she had to go home by car service with no shoes and no purse. That's just wrong when Meghan was 45 minutes away and could've at least offered Vicki stay with them for a day or two. Those two are just as cold as their fake marriage.

Last Edited By: BeyondIdolization Sep 6 16 12:36 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#6749 [url]

Sep 6 16 12:41 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
She's so dull and I cringe watching her gush about her pregnancy while her gay husband daydreams about his next visit to the gloryhole. In that case Lizzie was a lot more charismatic and I'm sure would've gladly taken Meghan's place on the show. 
smiley: eeksmiley: eeksmiley: eek

oUsLh.gif

Can't believe you said that.

Quote    Reply   

#6750 [url]

Sep 6 16 12:42 PM

^ Oh? I guess that makes sense-- Kelly and Meghan don't seem like they'd really be friends.

I have to say, I'm liking Tamra more this season than I ever have. She still stirs the pot a bit (which is necessary), but she at least seems to be grounded in how she assesses what's going on. Also, she looks amazing.

I still don't like Vicki, but Shannon has taken this grudge too far. If you're not going to acknowledge Vicki, then sorry-- you can't be on the show. It's like Shannon thinks she can wedge Vicki off the show if she ignores her-- wrong! Plus, they had a fun friendship before. Get over yourself Shannon, you are certainly nowhere near perfect yourself.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6751 [url]

Sep 7 16 1:13 AM

Just found this a bit funny from an interview with Blu Cantrell about Kenya. You were in a play with Kenya Moore called Gossip, Lies and Secrets. Do you watch Bravo's The Real Housewives of Atlanta [on which Moore co-stars]? BC: I can't stand her. She actually bullied me when we were on set together doing the play. She was really nasty to me. She is not a nice girl. I don't like her. She was very mean toward me.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#6752 [url]

Sep 7 16 10:10 AM

E! (Bravo sister network) reports that Jules won't be returning to RHONY. No one's surprised obviously, ultimately she just didn't contribute enough and wouldn't get involved in the drama (never understood the women who go on these shows and don't like conflict..smiley: tired)

Quote    Reply   

#6753 [url]

Sep 7 16 10:42 AM

So not surprised that Jules isn't coming back. Bethenny was already quoted as saying that Jules wouldn't be back (on her podcast, I believe). I actually like Jules, and would've liked her to come back. I liked her parents, and would've been interested seeing more of their dynamics. She kind of acted as a foil to others in the cast, most notably Luann when she was called a w#0re in the Berkshires.

I think I often like the one-season wonders because they bring a much needed lightness to the show. I don't see why we can't have a Jules on. Kristen was thirsty and annoying, but Jules was actually charming and interesting without being vile and confrontational all the time. We can't have a show full of Ramonas and Bethennys after all. I liked Lizzie from OC and Kathryn from BH, too. But they decided to keep the loudmouthed phonies instead (Shannon and Erika Jayne respectively). Oh well.

Quote    Reply   

#6754 [url]

Sep 7 16 10:48 AM

^ But Jules couldn't speak. It was SO frustrating watching her not be able to verbalize her thoughts, or arguments, or really anything at all. I did come around on her towards the end (I don't dislike her), but she wasn't meant to be on tv. I much prefer Kristen, who I actually thought had a lot of personality and was willing to throw down if she had to. My issue with both of them is that they are too young. Ladies 40+, please. *prays they announce Carole is leaving next*

Quote    Reply   

#6755 [url]

Sep 7 16 11:04 AM

I think that she has social anxiety (which is probably exacerbated by cameras and BETHENNY). I didn't find it frustrating to watch, personally. It was almost comical watching Bethenny's manic, a mile a minute rapid speech, and Jules searching for words--two extremes. It also highlighted what bullies Bethenny and Carole are.

But agreed on Carole. She is the worst on this show. And I have always seen through her act; she's been vile from Day 1. When she called Aviva a "psychopath" who "had no soul;" the way that she treated Luann from day one about being a countess. And her use of being a princess and "Kennedy" is far more pretentious than Luann's campy use of countess. And I could never understand how such an intelligent, accomplished writer girl could have such poor grammar. She cannot speak nor write correctly (have you seen her blogs?) I expect that of Luann, but not of Carole. Aviva actually was far more intelligent.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#6756 [url]

Sep 7 16 11:36 AM

charmbracelet87 wrote:

I think I often like the one-season wonders because they bring a much needed lightness to the show. I don't see why we can't have a Jules on. Kristen was thirsty and annoying, but Jules was actually charming and interesting without being vile and confrontational all the time. We can't have a show full of Ramonas and Bethennys after all. I liked Lizzie from OC and Kathryn from BH, too. But they decided to keep the loudmouthed phonies instead (Shannon and Erika Jayne respectively). Oh well.

You can't really blame them for getting rid of someone like Jules, who barely speaks. You have the calmer people who don't usually get into screaming matches but are still entertaining and charismatic, like LVP and Kandi. But then you have the ones like Jules and Kathryn, who don't have the screen presence nor gel with the other women and are kind of just 'there'.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6757 [url]

Sep 7 16 11:48 AM

Bit of a shame about Jules. I think she had another season in her but her motives for leaving are commendable and I respect them.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#6758 [url]

Sep 7 16 12:02 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
charmbracelet87 wrote:

You can't really blame them for getting rid of someone like Jules, who barely speaks. You have the calmer people who don't usually get into screaming matches but are still entertaining and charismatic, like LVP and Kandi. But then you have the ones like Jules and Kathryn, who don't have the screen presence nor gel with the other women and are kind of just 'there'.

Yeah, its one of those myths that you can't do well on these shows by being nice or restrained. There are plenty of Housewives who have made massive contributions like Kandi, Lisa V, Yolanda, Phaedra, Alex, etc who don't go round screaming like mental patients or starting aggressive fights. I keep saying it but you've either got 'it' or don't for Reality TV.  

Quote    Reply   

#6759 [url]

Sep 7 16 12:49 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
charmbracelet87 wrote:

Yeah, its one of those myths that you can't do well on these shows by being nice or restrained. There are plenty of Housewives who have made massive contributions like Kandi, Lisa V, Yolanda, Phaedra, Alex, etc who don't go round screaming like mental patients or starting aggressive fights. I keep saying it but you've either got 'it' or don't for Reality TV.  

I like pretty much all of those people, but they still aren't what I am talking about. I mean, Lisa V. is my favorite, but she is quite conniving. The only example that I can think of that lasted for multiple seasons would be someone like Chyka from Melbourne (not sure if you watch that series). She's probably really "boring," but she has a beautiful house, parties, and brings people together. Lisa V. and Yolanda are quite conniving (albeit in a classy, very entertaining way); Alex was pretty messy, too, Kandi is probably the closest on that list to the kind of housewife I wish they'd consider keeping for more than one season.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#6760 [url]

Sep 7 16 1:40 PM

charmbracelet87 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

I like pretty much all of those people, but they still aren't what I am talking about. I mean, Lisa V. is my favorite, but she is quite conniving. The only example that I can think of that lasted for multiple seasons would be someone like Chyka from Melbourne (not sure if you watch that series). She's probably really "boring," but she has a beautiful house, parties, and brings people together. Lisa V. and Yolanda are quite conniving (albeit in a classy, very entertaining way); Alex was pretty messy, too, Kandi is probably the closest on that list to the kind of housewife I wish they'd consider keeping for more than one season.

Well then if you compare Jules and Kandi in terms of TV charisma and storylines, I'm sure you can see why one has been around for seven seasons while the other got dumped after one. smiley: tongue

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help