Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#921 [url]

Jul 13 17 12:50 PM

You can tell Celine hasn't had anything done at all - she really looks her age - not in a bad way or anything, she just looks like a 50 year old woman

It's quite unusual in celebuland

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#923 [url]

Jul 13 17 4:15 PM

Death at that mess she's calling fashion these days!! Mariah might look like she's dressed herself in the dark at times but at least she doesn't pretend to be an avant garde fashionista! She's dressing like Lady Gaga meets Elton John.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#930 [url]

Jul 22 17 8:14 AM

Is she working for Vogue now, I keep seeing article after article about how she is a fashion icon in Vogue

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#932 [url]

Jul 22 17 11:36 AM

oh come on I know Saline is not everyone's cup of tea, but That note is impressive at her age or any age and I bet she can't do that every night. but she nailed it that night, she kicked in vibrato while holding it too, I know if I was there I would've lost my ish. .

Quote    Reply   

#933 [url]

Jul 22 17 11:46 AM

The one thing Celine has way over Mariah is confidence. LOL at her scatting and then chanting "come on!" after hitting a note that sounds like that -- Mariah probably would have cleared her throat and apologized.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#934 [url]

Jul 22 17 11:50 AM

It's a note, I'll give it that, but I think Mariah's sustained notes these days (again, not consistent, but on a good day) are way above this - pure, clear tone -like the 'YEEEEEEEEEEES IT DOES' on My All

But Saline has preserved her mid-range voice better than Mariah overall, the perk of being boring AF your whole life

Quote    Reply   

#935 [url]

Jul 22 17 12:04 PM

Saline's voice has aged as much if not more than Mariah's.

Mariah's warm buttery tone is still there days when she doesn't have much range and the days where she's fully on she can roll back at least 10-12 years if not more like at the Beacon 14.

Saline's can hardly ennunicuate in English now, her tone has lost its richness, it's thin and soulless. The power she displays is shrieky at best. She still has good breath control. It's only her rabid stans that think she's the same as 1995 and use this "preserving her voice" as a justification for all the lipping she has done down the years.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#936 [url]

Jul 22 17 12:35 PM

I think she's good at doing clearer more 'precise' runs, but yeah her voice isn't 'the same as it was in the 90s' like the deluded say

Mariah's tone comes and goes, it can be quite thin at time, but it's still miles ahead of Salines - the difference is Saline hasn't had any big embarrassing snaffus like Mariah's career has been plagued with, she's just a better lipsyncer than Mariah

Quote    Reply   

#937 [url]

Jul 22 17 12:43 PM

^ She's definitely a better lip syncer but more importantly she has a really professional sound team and always had. Same goes for Beyoncé. Two serial lip syncers but have had very few mess ups.

Mariahs sound has improved so much since early 2015. The difference when the backing tracks used to kick in before then compared to now is huge.

It's just unfortunate that train wreck performance happened on New Year's Eve.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#938 [url]

Jul 22 17 2:36 PM

MESS at all of you making this about Celine vs Mariah, Its just a freaking impressive note, in the wheel house of  patti labell hitting high screechy notes but it still gives you the feels when its good, everyone knows Celine's voice has declined at least anyone with ears.   And whoever said  she should have apologized  or cleared her throat after

Anyway!

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#939 [url]

Jul 22 17 3:28 PM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
oh come on laugh.gif I know Saline is not everyone's cup of tea, but That note is impressive at her age or any age and I bet she can't do that every night. but she nailed it that night, she kicked in vibrato while holding it too, I know if I was there I would've lost my ish. .
Girl plea. No resonance, no richness, just a screechy note ended with a messy scatting. Hardly impressive to me. 

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#940 [url]

Jul 22 17 8:48 PM

Girl please if it was anyone but Saline u would've been shook. who carries more resonance singing a high Ab? Maybe Jennifer Hudson but she sounds screechy too- anyway She nailed the note period. Now the scatting after I couldve done without.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help