Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#842 [url]

Jul 24 16 9:47 PM

^^IKR Sweet Saline was not having it. she almost went Whitney level too though in her own way and the epic beginning "she is so great" and then the kill shot  smiley: rollI live

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#843 [url]

Jul 25 16 4:11 AM

It's nice to see another from the Mariah generation of divas not being there for Dunkin' Donuts.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#844 [url]

Jul 25 16 4:18 AM

Also as a side note is it not interesting that most of the divas biggest songs are ones that they didn't want to record?

Celine didn't want to do MHWGO.
Mariah obviously never intended to sing Hero herself and didn't want to record it.
Toni hated Unbreak My Heart (did Celine not have her eye on this one?)
I wonder how Whitney felt about IWALY.

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#845 [url]

Jul 25 16 7:08 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
DED at Saline throwing Major Shade at Arianna for her impersonation of her on Fallon   "its bitsy spider"smiley: rollsmiley: roll   Start @ 1:55   

So they just put her on the spot like that for the impersonations? Aw.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#846 [url]

Jul 25 16 7:30 AM

^I sincerely doubt it. Don't they all look "surprised" when hosts suggest playing certain games? Celebrities of her stature will know exactly what's going down. She might not have been anticipating the questions leading up to about Ariana though

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#848 [url]

Jul 25 16 3:48 PM

Kevon wrote:
Also as a side note is it not interesting that most of the divas biggest songs are ones that they didn't want to record?

Celine didn't want to do MHWGO.
Mariah obviously never intended to sing Hero herself and didn't want to record it.
Toni hated Unbreak My Heart (did Celine not have her eye on this one?)
I wonder how Whitney felt about IWALY.

The story is They had another song lined up as the main song for the bodyguard and it was Kevin Costner that had to convince Clive and Whitney to do iwaly, she said she didn't get the song until she heard the chorus... And like MHWGO they kept the original demo take as the final vocal.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#849 [url]

Oct 3 16 7:24 AM

Celine released a song dedicated to her late husband that was written by Pink. It's a really nice, understated ballad. She sounds good on it.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#850 [url]

Oct 3 16 6:25 PM

^ That is actually quite sweet, the lyrics are lovely and you can hear a real rawness and emotion often lacking in Celine's studio vocals (some parts sound very one take). Earthier song writers really bring out the best in Celine (see My Love on Taking Chances with Linda Perry) and Pink is absolutely that. Her work here and with Cher were both really great ways to make credible songs that worked for the artist.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

NhWxMaN

#851 [url]

Oct 7 16 11:39 PM

^ Yeah i agree that folks like Perry and Pink bring out the best in Celine. Another good example is Ten Days from ANDHC. I'd love more material like that for her next album.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#852 [url]

Oct 8 16 5:36 AM

NhWxMaN wrote:
 Another good example is Ten Days from ANDHC.

Yes, that was a really good one too. Who wrote that one?

Quote    Reply   

#854 [url]

Nov 11 16 11:40 AM

Celine also cancelled Vegas shows the past week or so citing a viral infection which means she's on vocal rest and can't sing! Ironic really considering the level of live singing she usually does.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#855 [url]

Nov 11 16 12:18 PM

mimifan09 wrote:
Celine also cancelled Vegas shows the past week or so citing a viral infection which means she's on vocal rest and can't sing! Ironic really considering the level of live singing she usually does. tongue.gif
Didn't she cancel a whole tour because of that? She's kind of a fraud

And the gerls lash out at Mariah for canceling shows for money related issues.. GYALS. 

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#856 [url]

Nov 11 16 6:03 PM

^OKAY? Like we would even notice hoarseness on those 4 live notes she does before the backing track kicks in.

(I bet Saline stans say the exact same thing about us )

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#857 [url]

Nov 11 16 6:38 PM

The Saline stans are delusional as f*ck. I got into it on YouTube with a few of them, I left the comments section feeling stupid and with a huge migraine.

Lord have mercy Jesus.

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#858 [url]

Nov 13 16 5:13 PM

mcfan wrote:
Céline is apparently having a fling with her guitarist.

who would blame her ?  she needs a little fun before it goes out of business.  get it saline (wait don't want any visuals though) 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#859 [url]

Nov 13 16 6:12 PM

Celine has to be the best professional mimer among the divas. She's literally got it down pat. No wonder so many people genuinely think she's singing live. I saw her in concert in 2008 and tbh, my brain kind of shut off and believed her (despite the fact the first three or four songs were flat out mimed). She's that good.

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#860 [url]

Nov 23 16 8:12 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Celine has to be the best professional mimer among the divas. She's literally got it down pat. No wonder so many people genuinely think she's singing live. I saw her in concert in 2008 and tbh, my brain kind of shut off and believed her (despite the fact the first three or four songs were flat out mimed). She's that good.

Yeah she is the best mimer out there.  She is actually brilliant at doing it.  I saw her in Vegas and was completely swept up thinking that she was singing live, despite knowing that she was lipping pretty much everything.  And yeah, her fans are incredibly delusional.  When Celine performed at the Disney Christmas special several years ago, she lipped O Come All Ye Faithful and Don't Save It All For Christmas Day to the original 1998 vocals.  Well, her stans were saying on youtube that everything was live and that Mariah couldn't dream of singing like that live.  I can't deal with them lol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help