Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#761 [url]

Oct 16 14 10:41 AM

Well, she is 46 now. That's middle age for you. Although it sounds like she had some pretty heavy stuff going on of late so that won't help.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

NhWxMaN

#762 [url]

Oct 16 14 1:08 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
Well, she is 46 now. That's middle age for you. Although it sounds like she had some pretty heavy stuff going on of late so that won't help.
true.  sometimes its hard to watch the 80s/90s divas age. 

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#763 [url]

Oct 16 14 2:11 PM

NhWxMaN wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

It is. Reminds us all we're getting older.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#764 [url]

Oct 16 14 3:22 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
NhWxMaN wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

NO WE ARE NOT! . Shut yo mouth haha. Some girl at work FB stalked me and then asked me my age the next day, she thought I was like 24/25... That's right biatch haha.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#765 [url]

Oct 16 14 5:43 PM

robjv1 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
NhWxMaN wrote:

NO WE ARE NOT! tongue.gif.

You're tellin' me. I'm like Ramona from RHONY. I'm ageless!! smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#770 [url]

Aug 25 15 9:18 AM

New interview with Celine about Rene and the Vegas residency that starts on Thursday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2015/08/23/celine-dion-returns-vegas-residency-rene-angelil-throat-cancer/32245375/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#772 [url]

Aug 26 15 10:37 AM

I think, from the way that she talks, that she's had a long time to prepare for this. Like she says, he's been through it before. I think she knows that he will pass and has accepted it. It's sad to see, but she seems very strong. Like she said, this is something people go through all the time, and she seems to be handling it remarkably well.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#773 [url]

Aug 27 15 6:13 AM

Kevon wrote:
I think, from the way that she talks, that she's had a long time to prepare for this. Like she says, he's been through it before. I think she knows that he will pass and has accepted it. It's sad to see, but she seems very strong. Like she said, this is something people go through all the time, and she seems to be handling it remarkably well.

I know, that interview really seemed like she was saying she knew Rene hasn't got long smiley: frown I've always found Celine an optimistic person and spiritually strong so I kind of expect (and admire) her strength during this. Still, very sad. I know people say age is just a number but still, marrying with that much of an age gap creates unavoidable situations like this smiley: frown

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#774 [url]

Aug 27 15 1:57 PM

I admire her for how she's handling all of this. Go Céline! I hope she finds strength and is able to transmit it to their children.

Quote    Reply   

#775 [url]

Aug 27 15 3:17 PM

I agree. A lot of what she said about being strong in the moment and 'crying about it later' really resonated with me. I admire her outlook, and despite the fact that she irritates me with her theatrical gestures in that video interview, I am still left with the impression of a strong, impressive woman. She definitely won my admiration.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#776 [url]

Aug 31 15 11:20 AM

Haven't watched the interview but I have to say I always found it super creepy that he discovered her when she was like 12.. Kind of an R. Kelly vibe. I hope she married him for the right reasons and wasn't forced into anything.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#777 [url]

Aug 31 15 3:24 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Haven't watched the interview but I have to say I always found it super creepy that he discovered her when she was like 12.. Kind of an R. Kelly vibe. I hope she married him for the right reasons and wasn't forced into anything.
Personally, I feel like the age and power difference is enough that there is NO way they got into a relationship / married for the right reasons lol.   At least they stuck together all these years and hopefully he doesn't have a bunch of 12 year old girls on the side or something.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#778 [url]

Aug 31 15 3:39 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Haven't watched the interview but I have to say I always found it super creepy that he discovered her when she was like 12.. Kind of an R. Kelly vibe.

No offence to Celine or Rene, as the marriage has stood the test of time, but yeah.....it is a bit creepy when you think about it.

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

#779 [url]

Aug 31 15 3:46 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
Haven't watched the interview but I have to say I always found it super creepy that he discovered her when she was like 12.. Kind of an R. Kelly vibe.

No offence to Celine or Rene, as the marriage has stood the test of time, but yeah.....it is a bit creepy when you think about it.

Yeah, I mean I don't know the story, but they were married when she was 26 and they'd known each other a decade at that point.  He's been married twice before too, I'd be very curious how old those women were.  I don't know, maybe I am overly suspicious and they are the exception to the rule, but something about it just seems fishy to me.

Quote    Reply   

#780 [url]

Aug 31 15 10:06 PM

robjv1 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

Yeah, I mean I don't know the story, but they were married when she was 26 and they'd known each other a decade at that point.  He's been married twice before too, I'd be very curious how old those women were.  I don't know, maybe I am overly suspicious and they are the exception to the rule, but something about it just seems fishy to me.
Second wife was born in 1950 so close to his age. Dunno about he first wife, but I would assume she was closer to his age as well. He married both of them back when he was younger.  He had a son with he first wife in 1968, same year Celine was born....  That has to be awkward.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help