Remove this ad

avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#721 [url]

Jan 22 14 12:29 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
That makes it a big AC hit, but in no way makes it a big hit in general. "FLAB" was #1 at Urban AC for like 6 weeks. Do you consider that a hit in general?

But 'Fly Like a Bird' was also top 20 on the R&B chart, so its niche success was also reflected on a bigger chart.

Wasn't it #19 on R&B mainly because of its Urban AC play? Where did it peak in Urban play?

Regardless, a #19 on the R&B chart is barely an R&B hit and certainly isn't a hit in a general sense.

A song can only be a hit in "the general sense" if it's sent to all formats. 'Fly Like a Bird' wasn't, most Urban singles today aren't, the 4 singles after 'Best Thing I Never Had' weren't.

'Taking Chances' was and it flopped everywhere except for AC radio. That's the difference.

And btw #19 on the R&B chart for a song that receives most of its play on Urban AC is a hit. You can disagree, but it's a fact.
  

  
  

Last Edited By: mcfan Jan 22 14 12:31 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

Posts: 39,802 He bites the metaphorical carrot.

#722 [url]

Jan 22 14 12:59 PM

mcfan wrote:

A song can only be a hit in "the general sense" if it's sent to all formats. 'Fly Like a Bird' wasn't, most Urban singles today aren't, the 4 singles after 'Best Thing I Never Had' weren't.

'Taking Chances' was and it flopped everywhere except for AC radio. That's the difference.

And btw #19 on the R&B chart for a song that receives most of its play on Urban AC is a hit. You can disagree, but it's a fact.
  

I didn't realize we were differentiating between a hit and a flop. This all started in a discussion about whether "ANDHC" can be considered a hit because it was huge at AC radio. "TC" definitely flopped, but I thought we were discussing "ANDHC."

Since it's a fact a #19 on R&B is a hit, can you show me your works cited?

Quote    Reply   
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,481 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#723 [url]

Jan 22 14 1:20 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
That makes it a big AC hit, but in no way makes it a big hit in general. "FLAB" was #1 at Urban AC for like 6 weeks. Do you consider that a hit in general?

But 'Fly Like a Bird' was also top 20 on the R&B chart, so its niche success was also reflected on a bigger chart.

Wasn't it #19 on R&B mainly because of its Urban AC play? Where did it peak in Urban play?

Regardless, a #19 on the R&B chart is barely an R&B hit and certainly isn't a hit in a general sense.



Mother of God, you'll set Mario off....
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#724 [url]

Jan 22 14 1:22 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:

A song can only be a hit in "the general sense" if it's sent to all formats. 'Fly Like a Bird' wasn't, most Urban singles today aren't, the 4 singles after 'Best Thing I Never Had' weren't.

'Taking Chances' was and it flopped everywhere except for AC radio. That's the difference.

And btw #19 on the R&B chart for a song that receives most of its play on Urban AC is a hit. You can disagree, but it's a fact.  

I didn't realize we were differentiating between a hit and a flop. This all started in a discussion about whether "ANDHC" can be considered a hit because it was huge at AC radio. "TC" definitely flopped, but I thought we were discussing "ANDHC."

Since it's a fact a #19 on R&B is a hit, can you show me your works cited?

Whatever Jason, both of them were flops. 'A New day Has Come' being #25 at Pop radio coming after a string of hits is a flop.

And OMG at having to show you my works, really? A top 20 isn't a hit now, okay.

  

  
  

Last Edited By: mcfan Jan 22 14 1:28 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#725 [url]

Jan 22 14 1:28 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:

But 'Fly Like a Bird' was also top 20 on the R&B chart, so its niche success was also reflected on a bigger chart.

Wasn't it #19 on R&B mainly because of its Urban AC play? Where did it peak in Urban play?

Regardless, a #19 on the R&B chart is barely an R&B hit and certainly isn't a hit in a general sense.

Mother of God, you'll set Mario off....


You're behind sis I done went awf already.
  

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

Posts: 39,802 He bites the metaphorical carrot.

#726 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:08 PM

mcfan wrote:

'A New day Has Come' being #25 at Pop radio coming after a string of hits is a flop.


Doesn't the same logic make "FLAB" a flop? Where did it peak at Urban radio despite following a string of hits?

Quote    Reply   

#727 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:14 PM

99049.gif

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."


Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#728 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:25 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:

'A New day Has Come' being #25 at Pop radio coming after a string of hits is a flop.


Doesn't the same logic make "FLAB" a flop? Where did it peak at Urban radio despite following a string of hits?

Was it the lead single to a new studio album in 5 years? Bye, Jason.

Was it even pushed that much at Mainstream Urban?
    

  
  

Last Edited By: mcfan Jan 22 14 4:27 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

hottiecasanova

Posts: 13,038


"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#729 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:53 PM

mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:

'A New day Has Come' being #25 at Pop radio coming after a string of hits is a flop.


Doesn't the same logic make "FLAB" a flop? Where did it peak at Urban radio despite following a string of hits?

Was it the lead single to a new studio album in 5 years? Bye, Jason.

Was it even pushed that much at Mainstream Urban?
    

He's just been arguing to argue the last couple days. I mean asking what kind of hype Lorde has? smiley: tired

Quote    Reply   
avatar

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

Posts: 39,802 He bites the metaphorical carrot.

#730 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:53 PM

mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:

'A New day Has Come' being #25 at Pop radio coming after a string of hits is a flop.


Doesn't the same logic make "FLAB" a flop? Where did it peak at Urban radio despite following a string of hits?

Was it the lead single to a new studio album in 5 years? Bye, Jason.

Was it even pushed that much at Mainstream Urban?
    


Your rules change more than Calvinball; I can't keep up smiley: laugh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
avatar

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

Posts: 39,802 He bites the metaphorical carrot.

#731 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:54 PM

hottiecasanova wrote:
He's just been arguing to argue the last couple days. I mean asking what kind of hype Lorde has? smiley: tired

I asked about "currently." She isn't exactly new anymore. The devil's in the details.

I am not arguing to argue. I am just tired of the platitudes, lack of any real support for statements, etc. around here.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#732 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:55 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
Doesn't the same logic make "FLAB" a flop? Where did it peak at Urban radio despite following a string of hits?

Was it the lead single to a new studio album in 5 years? Bye, Jason.

Was it even pushed that much at Mainstream Urban?


Your rules change more than Calvinball; I can't keep up smiley: laugh
I'm all about looking at the bigger picture and always have been. You're arguing about details. I'm the one who can't keep up

  

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

hottiecasanova

Posts: 13,038


"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#733 [url]

Jan 22 14 4:58 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:
He's just been arguing to argue the last couple days. I mean asking what kind of hype Lorde has? smiley: tired

I asked about "currently." She isn't exactly new anymore. The devil's in the details.

I am not arguing to argue. I am just tired of the platitudes, lack of any real support for statements, etc. around here.

She's been out six months so she isn't new anymore? She is still one of the most talked about "new" artists around right now.

Quote    Reply   
avatar

mcfan

Posts: 35,004

#Beautiful

#734 [url]

Jan 22 14 5:01 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
I am not arguing to argue. I am just tired of the platitudes, lack of any real support for statements, etc. around here.
Oh so now all we provide is platitudes? Hmmm

  

  
  

Quote    Reply   
avatar

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

Posts: 39,802 He bites the metaphorical carrot.

#735 [url]

Jan 22 14 5:05 PM

mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
I am not arguing to argue. I am just tired of the platitudes, lack of any real support for statements, etc. around here.
Oh so now all we provide is platitudes? Hmmm indifferent.gif
I didn't say it's "all" people do here, but this is an example of what I mean; statements get twisted, blown up past their meaning, etc.

Quote    Reply   

#739 [url]

Feb 21 14 11:17 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
hottiecasanova wrote:
He's just been arguing to argue the last couple days. I mean asking what kind of hype Lorde has? smiley: tired

I asked about "currently." She isn't exactly new anymore. The devil's in the details.

I am not arguing to argue. I am just tired of the platitudes, lack of any real support for statements, etc. around here.



Then LEAVE so you can leave US alone. Goddddd...




Quote    Reply   
avatar

hottiecasanova

Posts: 13,038


"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#740 [url]

Feb 21 14 12:28 PM

mcfan wrote:

LET'S BOP A BIT!! laugh.gif

That is one of the prob. 6-7 songs she has that I like/love That video though.... Her stans probably consider it one of her best LMFAO Mariah fans would die saying it's corny/cheesy, not enough action, poor direction, those creepy people, nothing happens, she doesn't look hot/not hot enough/that outfit is terrible/that outfit is cute but too small/too big smiley: laugh meanwhile Saline prob has like 5 million views and M, despite being under the digital era would have 40 million views. Soooo.... At least when it comes to America/Asia/Australia Mariah wins and that's it and I think we should stop trying to compete on every board we're on.  Off-topic, but I think it needed to be brought up, specifically in this and the Madonna thread, but no one even checks for her except for the bigsham that was so pressed the other day that legit chartisticts  were claiming Mariah the best selling in the US all things considered. He was silent except for asking for a few digital single sales and saying please and thanks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help