Remove this ad

Colson

#41 [url]

Jul 25 11 12:47 PM

esettle0 wrote:
So Christina is doing a tribute to Amy Winehouse at the MTV Video Music Awards. KILL ME NOW!!! smiley: eyes

Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#43 [url]

Jul 25 11 1:20 PM

Mariahcareyfan123456 wrote:
^ With all her runs and oversinging she will NEVER be as soulful as Amy was. Awful choice for tribute.

Agreed. They needed a soul singer and ideally a UK one. They couldn't have gotten Adele? She would have been far more suitable.

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#44 [url]

Jul 25 11 2:54 PM

So apparently this COULD just be a rumor, let's HOPE so. But I get into this debate on another forum with a Christina stan over her doing this tribute and I mention that Christina over-sings and will ruin Amy's songs, and this is what the Christina stan says:

she doesn't oversing. she has 5 octaves and her dark contralto highlights this and she flourishes it with anxiety or sudden impulses which renders her weak to octave cries causing people who are not stans/or fans/ to think she's oversinging.
WHAT???? smiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll
I responded with : SMH, a true stan indeed.

NhWxMaN

#47 [url]

Jul 25 11 3:24 PM

if this is true, Christina seems to be following in Jhud's steps by becoming a has-been singer who is used only for tributes.

#48 [url]

Jul 25 11 3:40 PM

NhWxMaN wrote:
if this is true, Christina seems to be following in Jhud's steps by becoming a has-been singer who is used only for tributes. smiley: happysmiley: happysmiley: happysmiley: happysmiley: happy

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#49 [url]

Jul 25 11 4:45 PM

jasp17 wrote:
NhWxMaN wrote:
if this is true, Christina seems to be following in Jhud's steps by becoming a has-been singer who is used only for tributes. smiley: happysmiley: happysmiley: happysmiley: happysmiley: happy

But Amy doesn't deserve this, or Aretha, or James Brown, or anyone else smiley: indifferentsmiley: indifferentsmiley: indifferent

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#50 [url]

Jul 26 11 2:12 AM

This is the Christina I actually really liked.smiley: frown

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Remove this ad

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#52 [url]

Jul 26 11 8:56 AM

Fraser T. Smith, who worked with Adele on "Set Fire To The Rain" is writing for her  smiley: eyes

NhWxMaN

#53 [url]

Jul 26 11 9:06 AM

mariahfan150 wrote:
This is the Christina I actually really liked.�smiley: frown

Me too! She really shines in that track, as well as similar songs like Without You, Loving Me 4 Me, Same Me From Myself, and so on. She sounds incredible when she belts properly (such as Mercy On Me andI Turn To You).

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#54 [url]

Jul 26 11 2:13 PM

Mariahcareyfan123456 wrote:
^ I love her vocals on that. Do you like this one?

She sounds so much better when she's not over-singing.
I had never heard this one before, her voice sounds really pretty at parts and her belting is in check. I miss these kind of ballads. smiley: frown

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

#55 [url]

Jul 26 11 7:20 PM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Fraser T. Smith, who worked with Adele on "Set Fire To The Rain" is writing for her  smiley: eyes

Watch her claim the retro-soul vibe for her next album as a completely original concept of her own creation.

"Umm, like I'm a mother, and I already did a throwback album that was incredible, Back to Basics, and I also, like, did a futuristic album that was ahead of its time, Bionic.  And now I'm like bringing the two concepts together and making like a modern-day throw-back album.  And that's like never been done before...I'm a mother".

#57 [url]

Jul 26 11 10:44 PM

Homertilicus wrote:
Brazilian X Man wrote:

Watch her claim the retro-soul vibe for her next album as a completely original concept of her own creation.

"Umm, like I'm a mother, and I already did a throwback album that was incredible, Back to Basics, and I also, like, did a futuristic album that was ahead of its time, Bionic.  And now I'm like bringing the two concepts together and making like a modern-day throw-back album.  And that's like never been done before...I'm a mother".

She'll pull a Gaga and instead of being Mother Monster, she'll be Mother Clown. It'll be totally epic and totally original and totally groundbreaking.

Bows to Mother Clown.

#60 [url]

Jul 27 11 12:19 PM

Homertilicus wrote:

When the hell is the video coming out?�
Adam Levine shirtless... pure eye candy.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help