Remove this ad

kittykow105

#41 [url]

Dec 20 10 11:35 AM

jasp17 wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
Most innovative work so far? It wouldn't take much seeing as it will be only her second proper album I don't say that with disdain; I like a lot of her songs. It's just funny to read stuff like that so early in a career.

LOL That's what I thought. How can you say that after only 1 real studioalbum?
Her fans who listen to her closely have a lot more than just an album and EP.  Her unreleased material is quite extensive.  She's done the Norah Jones-jazz, John Lennon-rock, Gwen Stefani-pop, among other genres.  It took her a long time to find her niche.  

Remove this ad

kittykow105

#42 [url]

Dec 22 10 11:03 AM

"Tonight is the last night that we will be performing the Monsterball until I release my first single in February...My album, by itself, is locked away in the studio. And in 2 months, it will be in your hands." - Lady Gaga in Paris.

Get ready!  

Let's just hope she can keep her wig on! smiley: laugh

Last Edited By: kittykow105 Dec 22 10 11:15 AM. Edited 4 times.

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#45 [url]

Dec 30 10 3:23 AM

Top 50 Tours of 2010
#04 Lady Gaga
Total Gross: $133,600,000

Tickets Sold: 1,514,395
Sold Out Shows/Dates: 102/138
Avg. Ticket Price: $88.22
Avg. Gross Per Date: $1,309,804

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

DutchLamb

#50 [url]

Dec 31 10 1:44 PM

The fan wars would have been more fun if Gaga, Britney and Bee really disliked each other. But all three are so awfully nice.
Even the lesser stars like Rihanna and Katy are bff's.
Booooring.

Remove this ad

kittykow105

#53 [url]

Jan 1 11 5:30 PM

I wonder if she means the digital release will be on 2/13. That would be better IMO. It would be a certified #1.

The 3 month wait between single and album is confusing to me. Is she going to spit out 2 singles to get #1's or something?. I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to rack up #1's here (she only has 2).

DutchLamb

#55 [url]

Jan 3 11 2:46 PM

Magazine covers with Lady Gaga sold better than any other celebs in 2010, WWD reports.

Lady Gaga’s Rolling Stone double issue sold 245,000 copies, nearly three times more than the magazine’s 2010 average. The Gaga Cosmopolitan issue sold an impressive 1.7 million copies and became the top seller of the year. Her cover for Vanity Fair magazine was the title’s second-best seller of the year, with 450,000 copies sold.

In 2010, Lady Gaga also covered Elle, Q, i-D and V Magazine, just to name a few.

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#56 [url]

Jan 4 11 12:26 PM

DutchLamb wrote:
Magazine covers with Lady Gaga sold better than any other celebs in 2010, WWD reports.

Lady Gaga’s Rolling Stone double issue sold 245,000 copies, nearly three times more than the magazine’s 2010 average. The Gaga Cosmopolitan issue sold an impressive 1.7 million copies and became the top seller of the year. Her cover for Vanity Fair magazine was the title’s second-best seller of the year, with 450,000 copies sold.

In 2010, Lady Gaga also covered Elle, Q, i-D and V Magazine, just to name a few.
This is probably why Mariah hasn't been able to land any major covers for her last two albums, Mariah's don't sell well. She had no issue getting covers pre-Memoirs era. Even in flop era's like Glitter and Charmbracelet she got some major covers. And she got really good covers early in  TEOM era before WBT was smashing records. 

Diva's

Last Edited By: esettle0 Jan 4 11 12:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Colson

#57 [url]

Jan 5 11 3:10 PM

I wonder how this compares to Beyonce's recent magazine covers. This way we can determine who's more popular and relevant.

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#58 [url]

Jan 6 11 12:43 PM

Colson wrote:
I wonder how this compares to Beyonce's recent magazine covers. This way we can determine who's more popular and relevant.
Well magazines constantly put Beyonce on the covers even when she doesn't have a new album/single/movie out, so they must sell well. But they are both popular and relevant so that's all that matters smiley: tongue

Diva's

#60 [url]

Jan 7 11 12:47 AM

Colson wrote:
Here is a link to the rest of the article.  It mentions that Gaga is tops and Rihanna is a close second, and that Taylor Swift doesn't really sell magazines.  It doesn't mention Beyonce, but I guess that's because she wasn't really promoting anything last year.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/stopthepresses/354104/lady-gaga-rihanna-rock-the-newsstand-while-swift-cover-sales-suffer/

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help