esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#21 [url]

Dec 1 10 4:47 PM

Colson wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
Colson wrote:
^Yeah, but with me she's hit or miss. I find that she has her share of fillers. She's someone, I'd rather buy digital singles from than the whole album as I'm discovering.
I find that I loved some of her Elton John/John Lennon-inspired songs like "Speechless" and "Brown Eyes," but it's very redundant.  Her new song "You & I" was nice, but I'm sure those are the songs that will get the least amount of repeat.  "The Fame Monster" to me had NO filler.  Tracks 1-7 were pop masterpieces of the decade.  (hence why her re-release sales are far more impressive than Usher, Ke$ha, etc.)

Agreed, however initially I could listen to The Fame without skipping any tracks, then some of the songs got old. The Fame Monster was not as immediate, some tracks had to grow on me, but when they did, WOW, I thought the whole album was amazing. I actually didn't fall in love with 'Bad Romance' until the video dropped. 

You liked all of the songs on the Fame Monster?
Yup, when I first purchased the album, I only liked Bad Romance, Telephone, Teeth and Speechless. Alejandro, Dance In The Dark, So Happy I Could Die and Monster all had to grow on me, but I love them now. 

Diva's

Remove this ad

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#22 [url]

Dec 1 10 4:58 PM

rainbow1199 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
Colson wrote:
^Yeah, but with me she's hit or miss. I find that she has her share of fillers. She's someone, I'd rather buy digital singles from than the whole album as I'm discovering.
I find that I loved some of her Elton John/John Lennon-inspired songs like "Speechless" and "Brown Eyes," but it's very redundant.  Her new song "You & I" was nice, but I'm sure those are the songs that will get the least amount of repeat.  "The Fame Monster" to me had NO filler.  Tracks 1-7 were pop masterpieces of the decade.  (hence why her re-release sales are far more impressive than Usher, Ke$ha, etc.)

Agreed, however initially I could listen to The Fame without skipping any tracks, then some of the songs got old. The Fame Monster was not as immediate, some tracks had to grow on me, but when they did, WOW, I thought the whole album was amazing. I actually didn't fall in love with 'Bad Romance' until the video dropped. 

I love when I agree with everything someone writes in a post lol.

smiley: wink

Diva's

rooney1905

#23 [url]

Dec 1 10 5:22 PM

esettle0 wrote:
Colson wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
kittykow105 wrote:
Colson wrote:

You liked all of the songs on the Fame Monster?
Yup, when I first purchased the album, I only liked Bad Romance, Telephone, Teeth and Speechless. Alejandro, Dance In The Dark, So Happy I Could Die and Monster all had to grow on me, but I love them now. 

The moment I heard Monster I was hooked.  That song is infectious.  Still to this day I have to listen at least twice before i can go to the next song.

DutchLamb

#24 [url]

Dec 1 10 7:52 PM

For a fan it's always annoying if good songs don't get a release.
If Gaga's album is indeed full of hits, then many of them will suffer the same fate as wouldhavebeensmashes like "Monster" or "So Happy I Could Die".
And it's harder to score multiple nr.1's.

Gaga and legend Yoko last month

Last Edited By: DutchLamb Dec 1 10 7:55 PM. Edited 2 times.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#26 [url]

Dec 2 10 4:57 AM

DutchLamb wrote:
For a fan it's always annoying if good songs don't get a release.
If Gaga's album is indeed full of hits, then many of them will suffer the same fate as wouldhavebeensmashes like "Monster" or "So Happy I Could Die".
And it's harder to score multiple nr.1's.

Gaga and legend Yoko last month

That whole thing with Yoko was so weird.....yet oddly compelling. It was WTF from start to finish but I had to watch! lol

Colson

#27 [url]

Dec 9 10 8:40 AM

#1 ARTIST OF THE YEAR

#1 EUROPEAN TOP 100 ALBUMS
#1 EUROPEAN HOT 100 SINGLES

#2 HOT 100 ARTIST OF THE YEAR

#3 BILLBOARD 200 ARTISTS

#2 HOT DIGITAL SONG ARTISTS
#5 HOT DIGITAL SONGS - BAD ROMANCE
#18 HOT DIGITAL SONGS - TELEPHONE
#37 HOT DIGITIAL SONGS - ALEJANDRO

#8 HOT RADIO SONGS - BAD ROMANCE
#23 HOT RADIO SONGS - TELEPHONE
#30 HOT RADIO SONGS - ALEJANDRO

#3 POP SONG - BAD ROMANCE
#11 POP SONG - TELEPHONE
#25 POP SONG - ALEJANDRO

#2 POP SONG ARTIST

#2 DANCE CLUB SONG - BAD ROMANCE
#21 DANCE CLUB SONG - ALEJANDRO
#38 DANCE CLUB SONG - TELEPHONE
#1 DANCE/ELECTRONIC ALBUM
#1 DANCE/ELECTRONIC ARTIST

#2 DIGITAL ALBUM ARTIST
#2 DIGITAL ALBUM - THE FAME
#15 DIGITAL ALBUM - THE FAME MONSTER EP

#8 RINGTONES - BAD ROMANCE
#8 RINGTONE ARTIST

Kevon

Administrator

#31 [url]

Dec 9 10 12:36 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
^^ Legend!

She even claps weird

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Kevon

Administrator

#33 [url]

Dec 9 10 3:41 PM

Please, Christina is the Clap KWEEN

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#34 [url]

Dec 13 10 4:09 AM

Top Grossing Tours of 2010:

04 Lady GaGa
Total Gross: $116,227,987 Number of Shows: 122
Total Attendance: 1,362,993 Number of Sell-Outs: 101

She's doing Britney, P!nk, Justin numbers already smiley: eek

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

rainbow1199

#35 [url]

Dec 13 10 12:24 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:

04 Lady GaGa

#LegendInTheMaking

sainttropez

#36 [url]

Dec 14 10 12:19 AM

^ Holy [email protected] at those #'s...........

carlos b fly

Administrator

#37 [url]

Dec 14 10 10:00 AM

mariahfan150 wrote:

04 Lady GaGa

Woah... smiley: eek

Colson

#38 [url]

Dec 20 10 9:39 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12038773

Lady Gaga reveals plans for Born This Way album

Lady Gaga has told Newsbeat her new album, Born This Way, will be her "most innovative" work so far

Speaking backstage on the final night of her UK Monster Ball tour, she confirmed an as-yet-untitled new single would be released in February 2011, with the album arriving "shortly after".

She described the album as "a marriage of electronic music with major, epic, dare I even say, metal or rock 'n' roll, pop, anthemic style melodies with really sledge-hammering dance beats."

"It's finished and all, it's just fine-tuning everything," the pop megastar added.

'More poetic'

"It's kind of like the post-operative stage of the album. I've already done the full heart surgery. I'm just sewing myself back up again," she laughed.

During the gig she showcased one new song set to appear on the album, You And I, a piano-led rock song featuring a Guns N' Roses-style guitar solo.

"I think that lyrically this album is more poetic," she explained.

"It's really written by the fans, they really wrote it for me because every night they're funnelling so much into me.
'Mother monster'

"So I wrote it for them. Born This Way is all about my little monsters and me, mother monster," she continued.

The London gig rounded off a very successful 2010 for the singer, which saw her winning three Brit awards, two Grammys and eight prizes at the MTV Video Music Awards.

And with the Monster Ball tour due to resume in north America, Canada, and Mexico from February to May 2011, Gaga is not expected to tour with a new production in the UK again until 2012.

"It's the last time I'm going to perform here until you guys hear Born This Way," she said before the gig. "It's very exciting,"

But the pop megastar revealed she will be in the UK "between February and March 2011" to debut her as-yet-untitled new single on TV.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#39 [url]

Dec 20 10 10:55 AM

Most innovative work so far? It wouldn't take much seeing as it will be only her second proper album I don't say that with disdain; I like a lot of her songs. It's just funny to read stuff like that so early in a career.

#40 [url]

Dec 20 10 11:03 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
Most innovative work so far? It wouldn't take much seeing as it will be only her second proper album I don't say that with disdain; I like a lot of her songs. It's just funny to read stuff like that so early in a career.

LOL That's what I thought. How can you say that after only 1 real studioalbum?

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help