Remove this ad

avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,331 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#3321 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:21 PM

LegendaryShade wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
Yeah "BTW" finished at #2 and was a success for that alone, but it did sell half of it's total in that first week which means that hype for being the follow-up to "The Fame" was a big part of that first week/total sales of the album. If her next single is as polarizing as "BTW", I seriously doubt she'll sell even close to as much in the first week. Look at "TMB"/"E=MC2" compared to "Obsessed"/"Memoirs", "TMB" was not THAT much bigger than "Obsessed" (it actually sold more) to have the parent album open with nearly 3x as much. "E=MC2" however had crazy hype initially like "BTW". This will be more of a "Memoirs" situation where it has to deal with regular hype and the lead single will really have to sell the album initially.


I am tired of the people asserting that 'Fame Monster' was just a standard re-release though. It was its own collection of 8 songs, that is far different from the typical re-release, which is just 3-4 songs slapped on the old edition. Sales of the Fame Monster EP alone, and even the 2-disc combo, should be taken into account when looking at Fame's sales. I, for example, already owned The Fame, but bought the 2-disc when Fame Monster came out.


And I'm tired of Gaga stans trying to make BTW look like less of a failure by downplaying TF's sales. Again, only in the US could you buy TFM as a standalone release. Everywhere else it was packaged together with TF, which makes it a re-release. THIS IS FACT. It cannot be disputed. It doesn't matter how many tracks are on it, in fact adding MORE tracks is only a bigger incentive for customers to buy the re-release even if they already own TF. I bought the TEOM re-release even though I already owned TEOM, and that only had 4 extra tracks. Had it been 8 tracks it would've been a lot more value for my money. Taylor Swift had 6 new songs on her Fearless re-release and those sales counted toward the original too. I've already stated that it's fair to deduct the 1.5 million sold of TFM 1-disc US release from TF's worldwide total. But to pretend that the 2-disc TF + TFM package should be counted as its own release is just ridiculous and illogical.

So, logically, TF (with re-release) sold 14.5 million worldwide, and TFM 1-disc Edition sold 1.5 million.



I know, its frustrating and pathetic when they know fully well that everywhere outside of America, you had no choice but to re-buy The Fame if you wanted the FM tracks. I'd have loved it if I could have just grabbed a £6-7 small EP of the eight tracks but I wasn't given that option and shelled out £12 for The Fame again as did millions of others, boosting its sales massively.

Its convienient how Gaga fans always get cute with this. It was a very big reason The Fame sold so much.


That's exactly what I was saying.

Never did I say The Fame Monster EP is her second album. It is a rerelease, and yes worldwide it was not available to purchase seperately. I get that. Had her debut album been just The Fame, and ended with Paparazzi, her debut album wouldn't have been so big. The Fame wasn't some kind of 21 success. I agree with you - the rerelease is a big reason why The Fame sold so much. The Fame Monster came 15 months after the original album and carried it much longer than it would have without it. None of the other rereleases mentioned contained 3 full singles from their rereleases, 1 of which was one of her biggest songs ever (Bad Romance) and 1 of which was a very high profile collabo (Telephone).

Which is why I, MYSELF, think it's unfair to compare her follow up Born This Way simply with "15 million VS 5 million." There's more to it than that. Yes, Born This Way underperformed, clearly. But it was never going to compare to her debut era of 1 album and a rerelease 15 months later, where there were a total of 7 singles, with nearly as many hits on the rerelease as the original. 

Anyways, I've seen this argument go round and round several times before. For me, there's really no point in continuing it, it won't go anywhere. But I've said what I wanted to say. smiley: laugh
           



Debating if BTW flopped is a whole other issue. To me, no, it didn't. It seriouly irritates me though when Gaga stans refuse to accept that The Fame owes whole chunks of its mammoth sales to being bundled with The Fame everywhere except America without option. They act like it didn't happen or (as you say) it didn't massively help The Fames overall sales.
  
But doesn't that prove exactly what my original point was? The Fame's sales are bloated because people bought the albums as a bundle- and overseas consumers had no choice. Yes, clearly TFM can't be counted as its own album because of the way it was sold. But my original argument was that when you compare the sales of BTW to The Fame, you're really comparing one album to an album and a half, essentially. 



You were drifting off saying it wasn't a standard reissue so I was cutting that off before it got wooly and pretentious or we'd be here forever with you saying it was a Super Duper Glittery Mama Monster Reissue and David going whatever, it was eight tracks extra bolted onto a new CD collection. I have no problem with Gaga re-issueing (I'd have preferred an EP but its not the end of the world) but lets nail it down - it was a re-issue at the end of the day for most of us. A lot of consumers were buying the same album they already owned to get the extra tracks so it was a re-issue and its sales were collected together and contributed towards The Fame.

But again, its not an awful. Just the way it was.

You know what I feel regarding BTW anyway - it wasn't a flop. Gaga had the most incredible debut and like a lot of massive artists, they end up having a peak and never recapture it but still taste consistent success. I think Gaga will be the same. The Fame sales aren't something she'll be doing all the time (likely ever) but she'll still sell a lot of albums in this climate. I can see an easy 4-5 million, which is a good hit in this dead climate and puts you in the big leagues in 2012. 

BTW was her general, realistic benchmark of sales.
  
    

Last Edited By: carlos b fly Aug 17 12 7:27 PM. Edited 1 time.

Remove this ad
avatar

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#3322 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:27 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
This thread panned out EXACTLY like I thought.

We all were having a perfectly fine, respectful discussion back and forth before a certain member hijacked it. It's just disheartening how one person can completely ruin a discussion.
you won't sh!t talk Gaga on my watch and think I won't have nothing to say. I don't like it, and I came to shut it down. AND I DID.





avatar

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#3323 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:29 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
 If her next single is as polarizing as "BTW" "Judas", I seriously doubt she'll sell even close to as much in the first week.
And I don't think she'll be going the Judas route for future singles.

"


"BTW" was not as well received as "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "Bad Romance". It also sold less and left radio much quicker than the aforementioned songs.
was still a big hit, no matter if u discredit it for not being as big as previous hits.

avatar

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#3324 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:33 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
Yeah "BTW" finished at #2 and was a success for that alone, but it did sell half of it's total in that first week which means that hype for being the follow-up to "The Fame" was a big part of that first week/total sales of the album. If her next single is as polarizing as "BTW", I seriously doubt she'll sell even close to as much in the first week. Look at "TMB"/"E=MC2" compared to "Obsessed"/"Memoirs", "TMB" was not THAT much bigger than "Obsessed" (it actually sold more) to have the parent album open with nearly 3x as much. "E=MC2" however had crazy hype initially like "BTW". This will be more of a "Memoirs" situation where it has to deal with regular hype and the lead single will really have to sell the album initially.


I am tired of the people asserting that 'Fame Monster' was just a standard re-release though. It was its own collection of 8 songs, that is far different from the typical re-release, which is just 3-4 songs slapped on the old edition. Sales of the Fame Monster EP alone, and even the 2-disc combo, should be taken into account when looking at Fame's sales. I, for example, already owned The Fame, but bought the 2-disc when Fame Monster came out.


And I'm tired of Gaga stans trying to make BTW look like less of a failure by downplaying TF's sales. Again, only in the US could you buy TFM as a standalone release. Everywhere else it was packaged together with TF, which makes it a re-release. THIS IS FACT. It cannot be disputed. It doesn't matter how many tracks are on it, in fact adding MORE tracks is only a bigger incentive for customers to buy the re-release even if they already own TF. I bought the TEOM re-release even though I already owned TEOM, and that only had 4 extra tracks. Had it been 8 tracks it would've been a lot more value for my money. Taylor Swift had 6 new songs on her Fearless re-release and those sales counted toward the original too. I've already stated that it's fair to deduct the 1.5 million sold of TFM 1-disc US release from TF's worldwide total. But to pretend that the 2-disc TF + TFM package should be counted as its own release is just ridiculous and illogical.

So, logically, TF (with re-release) sold 14.5 million worldwide, and TFM 1-disc Edition sold 1.5 million.



I know, its frustrating and pathetic when they know fully well that everywhere outside of America, you had no choice but to re-buy The Fame if you wanted the FM tracks.

So becasue of that, they have to ignore the fact that in America, the largest music market in the world, it was a standalone album?
You can't discredit FM as a re-issue as for the vast majority of the world thats how we were only allowed to experience it.


I can, I'm doing it right now.

avatar

mcsno1fn

Posts: 856 Chillin' at FOMM

#3325 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:34 PM

I always thought "Born This Way" came only second to "Poker Face." They were both EVERYWHERE during their release periods. I'm still angry "Judas" didn't fare well on radio. It's still my fave. That evil beat *creams jeans*


Also, the Fame Monster was a completely different set of songs, therefore a completely different album. It may have coincided with the success of the singles from The Fame, but it's an entirely separate disc.


Last Edited By: mcsno1fn Aug 17 12 7:36 PM. Edited 1 time.

avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,331 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#3326 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:38 PM

esettle0 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
Yeah "BTW" finished at #2 and was a success for that alone, but it did sell half of it's total in that first week which means that hype for being the follow-up to "The Fame" was a big part of that first week/total sales of the album. If her next single is as polarizing as "BTW", I seriously doubt she'll sell even close to as much in the first week. Look at "TMB"/"E=MC2" compared to "Obsessed"/"Memoirs", "TMB" was not THAT much bigger than "Obsessed" (it actually sold more) to have the parent album open with nearly 3x as much. "E=MC2" however had crazy hype initially like "BTW". This will be more of a "Memoirs" situation where it has to deal with regular hype and the lead single will really have to sell the album initially.


I am tired of the people asserting that 'Fame Monster' was just a standard re-release though. It was its own collection of 8 songs, that is far different from the typical re-release, which is just 3-4 songs slapped on the old edition. Sales of the Fame Monster EP alone, and even the 2-disc combo, should be taken into account when looking at Fame's sales. I, for example, already owned The Fame, but bought the 2-disc when Fame Monster came out.


And I'm tired of Gaga stans trying to make BTW look like less of a failure by downplaying TF's sales. Again, only in the US could you buy TFM as a standalone release. Everywhere else it was packaged together with TF, which makes it a re-release. THIS IS FACT. It cannot be disputed. It doesn't matter how many tracks are on it, in fact adding MORE tracks is only a bigger incentive for customers to buy the re-release even if they already own TF. I bought the TEOM re-release even though I already owned TEOM, and that only had 4 extra tracks. Had it been 8 tracks it would've been a lot more value for my money. Taylor Swift had 6 new songs on her Fearless re-release and those sales counted toward the original too. I've already stated that it's fair to deduct the 1.5 million sold of TFM 1-disc US release from TF's worldwide total. But to pretend that the 2-disc TF + TFM package should be counted as its own release is just ridiculous and illogical.

So, logically, TF (with re-release) sold 14.5 million worldwide, and TFM 1-disc Edition sold 1.5 million.



I know, its frustrating and pathetic when they know fully well that everywhere outside of America, you had no choice but to re-buy The Fame if you wanted the FM tracks.

So becasue of that, they have to ignore the fact that in America, the largest music market in the world, it was a standalone album?
You can't discredit FM as a re-issue as for the vast majority of the world thats how we were only allowed to experience it.


I can, I'm doing it right now.



  
Are you? It was still a re-issue outside America so I don't see how.

avatar

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#3327 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:43 PM

carlos b fly wrote:

  
Are you? It was still a re-issue outside America so I don't see how.
yup, just cause international fans got pimped into buying it attached to the original does not negate the fact that it's a separate collection of songs recorded at a different time. they don't even sound similar and have a different vibe and feel.

avatar

mariahfan150

Posts: 33,674

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#3328 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:44 PM

esettle0 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
 If her next single is as polarizing as "BTW" "Judas", I seriously doubt she'll sell even close to as much in the first week.
And I don't think she'll be going the Judas route for future singles.

"


"BTW" was not as well received as "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "Bad Romance". It also sold less and left radio much quicker than the aforementioned songs.
was still a big hit, no matter if u discredit it for not being as big as previous hits.



Obviously it was a big hit, was it *as* big and well-received? No, that was the point. EVERY artist has singles bigger than others it's really not the end of the world.



seattlesfinest's Profile Page

avatar

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#3329 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:49 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
 If her next single is as polarizing as "BTW" "Judas", I seriously doubt she'll sell even close to as much in the first week.
And I don't think she'll be going the Judas route for future singles.

"


"BTW" was not as well received as "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "Bad Romance". It also sold less and left radio much quicker than the aforementioned songs.
was still a big hit, no matter if u discredit it for not being as big as previous hits.



Obviously it was a big hit, was it *as* big and well-received? No, that was the point. EVERY artist has singles bigger than others it's really not the end of the world.
So ur point is that BTW was not as big as some of her previous singles. Why is that ur point? it's being mentioned becasue?

U say that if her next lead single is as polarizing as BTW she won't sell as much. What if it is as polarizing, and it's a big hit like BTW and the follow up is not a flop like Judas?

avatar

BeyondIdolization

Posts: 26,275

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#3330 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:51 PM

mcsno1fn wrote:
I always thought "Born This Way" came only second to "Poker Face." They were both EVERYWHERE during their release periods.

BTW wasn't nearly as big as JD , PF or BR (6.6 million, 6.7 million, 5.2 million US sales respectively). BTW's sales were actually more on par with Paparazzi's sales (Paprazzi 3.3 million vs. BTW 3.7 million).


  

Remove this ad
avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,331 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#3331 [url]

Aug 17 12 7:54 PM

esettle0 wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:

  
Are you? It was still a re-issue outside America so I don't see how.
yup, just cause international fans got pimped into buying it attached to the original does not negate the fact that it's a separate collection of songs recorded at a different time. they don't even sound similar and have a different vibe and feel.



We're talking about differant things now. I don't feel skanked or that it was out of order for the reissue. A LOT of people do it and Gaga gave a meaty offering of great, career defining songs which is more than a lot of artists ever do. I was simpy noting that Gaga fans don't like to admit the differance between the way US/international fans got to experience Fame Monster. Dunno if its because of the 'sales inflation' or reissue stigma. Either is nothing to be ashamed of or turn BTW into a flop in my eyes.

avatar

mariahfan150

Posts: 33,674

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#3332 [url]

Aug 17 12 8:37 PM

esettle0 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
 If her next single is as polarizing as "BTW" "Judas", I seriously doubt she'll sell even close to as much in the first week.
And I don't think she'll be going the Judas route for future singles.

"


"BTW" was not as well received as "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "Bad Romance". It also sold less and left radio much quicker than the aforementioned songs.
was still a big hit, no matter if u discredit it for not being as big as previous hits.



Obviously it was a big hit, was it *as* big and well-received? No, that was the point. EVERY artist has singles bigger than others it's really not the end of the world.
So ur point is that BTW was not as big as some of her previous singles. Why is that ur point? it's being mentioned becasue?
The point is that she'll need a single that's MASSIVE like "JD", "PF" or "BR" to ensure such huge first week sales again - which helped the album sell what it sold (really, almost all albums are extremely front-loaded now). "Born This Way", while it WAS a hit was not as well-received and not the sales or enduring airplay hit the aforementioned songs were. If she comes with another song that does what "BTW" did, she might not sell that much in the first week. My post was making an observation about the third album after a huge first one and a second decent selling one, it was certainly not to hate or discredit Lady Gaga, especially when I've been giving her credit where it was due the ENTIRE time.


Example #1:
"TEOM" = huge

"TMB" peaked with 120 million audience impressions, sold 1.5 million copies and opened "E=MC²" with 463k.

"E=MC²" = not as big as "TEOM"

"Obsessed" peaked with only around 30 million audience impressions less and actually sold more singles, yet opened its parent album with nearly a third of what "E=MC²" did. If we were comparing the singles stats you'd think "Obsessed" would have opened with like 350k (90 million audience to 120 million audience), but it didn't because Mariah had a ton of hype coming off the "TEOM" era that she didn't going into the "Memoirs" era.

Example #2: Avril Lavigne

"Let Go" = huge

"Don't Tell Me" only made it to #24 in airplay (all of her debut singles were Top 10 in airplay) yet "Under My Skin" opened with nearly 400k.

"Under My Skin" = not as big as "Let Go"

"Girlfriend" was much bigger than "Don't Tell Me" yet the "The Best Damn Thing" opened with with like 100k less.


What this says to me (and I'm sure there are plenty of other examples) is that hype from a previous album is a big part of first week sales for an album. You'd have to have a lead single that's WAY bigger than the lead single on the '2nd highly anticipated album'  for the '3rd album' to do as much in the first/earlier weeks as the '2nd highly anticipated album'.

U say that if her next lead single is as polarizing as BTW she won't sell as much. What if it is as polarizing, and it's a big hit like BTW and the follow up is not a flop like Judas?
Then it's gonna be what it's gonna be, even to what I was saying. smiley: tongue



seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Last Edited By: mariahfan150 Aug 17 12 8:43 PM. Edited 1 time.

avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,711

#Beautiful

#3333 [url]

Aug 17 12 10:36 PM

GaGa was never going to sell 16 million albums again. 5 million with 2 hits and a half is great.

Will everyone call Adele's next album a flop when she won't do another 20+ million WW? That's just impossible to duplicate now.

  
  

avatar

LegendaryShade

Posts: 2,883 Throwing Shade Since Your Fave Was Still Relevant

#3334 [url]

Aug 17 12 10:38 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
seanjonmc wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
LegendaryShade wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
Yeah "BTW" finished at #2 and was a success for that alone, but it did sell half of it's total in that first week which means that hype for being the follow-up to "The Fame" was a big part of that first week/total sales of the album. If her next single is as polarizing as "BTW", I seriously doubt she'll sell even close to as much in the first week. Look at "TMB"/"E=MC2" compared to "Obsessed"/"Memoirs", "TMB" was not THAT much bigger than "Obsessed" (it actually sold more) to have the parent album open with nearly 3x as much. "E=MC2" however had crazy hype initially like "BTW". This will be more of a "Memoirs" situation where it has to deal with regular hype and the lead single will really have to sell the album initially.


I am tired of the people asserting that 'Fame Monster' was just a standard re-release though. It was its own collection of 8 songs, that is far different from the typical re-release, which is just 3-4 songs slapped on the old edition. Sales of the Fame Monster EP alone, and even the 2-disc combo, should be taken into account when looking at Fame's sales. I, for example, already owned The Fame, but bought the 2-disc when Fame Monster came out.


And I'm tired of Gaga stans trying to make BTW look like less of a failure by downplaying TF's sales. Again, only in the US could you buy TFM as a standalone release. Everywhere else it was packaged together with TF, which makes it a re-release. THIS IS FACT. It cannot be disputed. It doesn't matter how many tracks are on it, in fact adding MORE tracks is only a bigger incentive for customers to buy the re-release even if they already own TF. I bought the TEOM re-release even though I already owned TEOM, and that only had 4 extra tracks. Had it been 8 tracks it would've been a lot more value for my money. Taylor Swift had 6 new songs on her Fearless re-release and those sales counted toward the original too. I've already stated that it's fair to deduct the 1.5 million sold of TFM 1-disc US release from TF's worldwide total. But to pretend that the 2-disc TF + TFM package should be counted as its own release is just ridiculous and illogical.

So, logically, TF (with re-release) sold 14.5 million worldwide, and TFM 1-disc Edition sold 1.5 million.



I know, its frustrating and pathetic when they know fully well that everywhere outside of America, you had no choice but to re-buy The Fame if you wanted the FM tracks. I'd have loved it if I could have just grabbed a £6-7 small EP of the eight tracks but I wasn't given that option and shelled out £12 for The Fame again as did millions of others, boosting its sales massively.

Its convienient how Gaga fans always get cute with this. It was a very big reason The Fame sold so much.


That's exactly what I was saying.

Never did I say The Fame Monster EP is her second album. It is a rerelease, and yes worldwide it was not available to purchase seperately. I get that. Had her debut album been just The Fame, and ended with Paparazzi, her debut album wouldn't have been so big. The Fame wasn't some kind of 21 success. I agree with you - the rerelease is a big reason why The Fame sold so much. The Fame Monster came 15 months after the original album and carried it much longer than it would have without it. None of the other rereleases mentioned contained 3 full singles from their rereleases, 1 of which was one of her biggest songs ever (Bad Romance) and 1 of which was a very high profile collabo (Telephone).

Which is why I, MYSELF, think it's unfair to compare her follow up Born This Way simply with "15 million VS 5 million." There's more to it than that. Yes, Born This Way underperformed, clearly. But it was never going to compare to her debut era of 1 album and a rerelease 15 months later, where there were a total of 7 singles, with nearly as many hits on the rerelease as the original. 

Anyways, I've seen this argument go round and round several times before. For me, there's really no point in continuing it, it won't go anywhere. But I've said what I wanted to say. smiley: laugh
           



Debating if BTW flopped is a whole other issue. To me, no, it didn't. It seriouly irritates me though when Gaga stans refuse to accept that The Fame owes whole chunks of its mammoth sales to being bundled with The Fame everywhere except America without option. They act like it didn't happen or (as you say) it didn't massively help The Fames overall sales.
  
But doesn't that prove exactly what my original point was? The Fame's sales are bloated because people bought the albums as a bundle- and overseas consumers had no choice. Yes, clearly TFM can't be counted as its own album because of the way it was sold. But my original argument was that when you compare the sales of BTW to The Fame, you're really comparing one album to an album and a half, essentially. 



You were drifting off saying it wasn't a standard reissue so I was cutting that off before it got wooly and pretentious or we'd be here forever with you saying it was a Super Duper Glittery Mama Monster Reissue and David going whatever, it was eight tracks extra bolted onto a new CD collection. I have no problem with Gaga re-issueing (I'd have preferred an EP but its not the end of the world) but lets nail it down - it was a re-issue at the end of the day for most of us. A lot of consumers were buying the same album they already owned to get the extra tracks so it was a re-issue and its sales were collected together and contributed towards The Fame.

But again, its not an awful. Just the way it was.

You know what I feel regarding BTW anyway - it wasn't a flop. Gaga had the most incredible debut and like a lot of massive artists, they end up having a peak and never recapture it but still taste consistent success. I think Gaga will be the same. The Fame sales aren't something she'll be doing all the time (likely ever) but she'll still sell a lot of albums in this climate. I can see an easy 4-5 million, which is a good hit in this dead climate and puts you in the big leagues in 2012. 

BTW was her general, realistic benchmark of sales.
  
    
Fair enough. As an American consumer, I do forget that TFM wasn't it's own release for most consumers. Musically, I think we can agree that it was pretty much its own event (8 songs that don't sound anything like the material on The Fame, nor were they recorded for that album). But yes, I see your point. I'm just saying that also makes The Fame's sales rather bloated.

Either way, we agree that BTW was not a flop and set a more realistic benchmark for her future success. I've never had a problem with your points in this thread. What bothers me is when people say, well, her sales declined so she's the next Milli Vanilli.

But in any case- and this statement is more directed to the entire community- these discussions we have are, at the end of the day, just meaningless, fun debates. I might get riled up and call someone on here a c*nt from time to time, but that's just my mean sense of humor smiley: laugh. At the end of the day I enjoy you all and I don't take any of this too seriously, and I hope that's true for other members as well. 

avatar

mariahfan150

Posts: 33,674

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#3335 [url]

Aug 18 12 12:05 AM

^ "Realistic benchmark" is probably the best thing or at least most to the point thing said in this thread.



seattlesfinest's Profile Page

avatar

hottiecasanova

Posts: 13,038


"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#3336 [url]

Aug 18 12 12:59 AM

LegendaryShade wrote:
Fair enough. As an American consumer, I do forget that TFM wasn't it's own release for most consumers. Musically, I think we can agree that it was pretty much its own event (8 songs that don't sound anything like the material on The Fame, nor were they recorded for that album). But yes, I see your point. I'm just saying that also makes The Fame's sales rather bloated.

Either way, we agree that BTW was not a flop and set a more realistic benchmark for her future success. I've never had a problem with your points in this thread. What bothers me is when people say, well, her sales declined so she's the next Milli Vanilli.

But in any case- and this statement is more directed to the entire community- these discussions we have are, at the end of the day, just meaningless, fun debates. I might get riled up and call someone on here a c*nt from time to time, but that's just my mean sense of humor smiley: laugh. At the end of the day I enjoy you all and I don't take any of this too seriously, and I hope that's true for other members as well. 
He's always been like that though and it's not like we all haven't said something similar in other artists' threads we don't appreciate *ahemKatyPerryahem*. What I don't understand about the discussion that's not being brought up is that in the US it was also sold as a 2-disc and it's sales must've exceeded the sales from the fame monster ep as it charted for a lot longer after the ep dropped off. Anyhoo I'm excited to see what she brings next just so we can end this is she a fad or isn't nonsense. 

#3337 [url]

Aug 18 12 4:06 AM

Erica, you been wearing your mask for a good time but in this tread it came off. I wonder how you handle people who disagree with you in person. Pepperspray?




avatar

hottiecasanova

Posts: 13,038


"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#3338 [url]

Aug 18 12 4:17 AM

jasp17 wrote:
Erica, you been wearing your mask for a good time but in this tread it came off. I wonder how you handle people who disagree with you in person. Pepperspray?

Roofies, duct tape and a shovel. 

avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,331 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#3339 [url]

Aug 18 12 5:47 AM

mcfan wrote:
GaGa was never going to sell 16 million albums again. 5 million with 2 hits and a half is great.

Will everyone call Adele's next album a flop when she won't do another 20+ million WW? That's just impossible to duplicate now.




Exactly. The Adele example is perfect as what she's sold is not a normal amount at all in todays climate. If she comes back and sells 6-7 million then thats fantastic and a bonfide hit with 2012 numbers. I'm curious to see if she'll be regarded a flop if/when that inevitably occurs. 

avatar

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#3340 [url]

Aug 18 12 11:27 AM

jasp17 wrote:
Erica, you been wearing your mask for a good time but in this tread it came off. I wonder how you handle people who disagree with you in person. Pepperspray?
I didn't do anything wrong. It's not my fault yall can say whatever yall want and it's cool, but if I do people are crying to the mountain tops. And you are the one that triggered me with the "Yall still don't really get or want to get it." comment.  I'm not a [email protected] child, don't tell me what I do and don't get. It's condescending, I don't like it, and it's what sent me on my warpath.



Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help