Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#41 [url]

Nov 12 10 10:31 AM

#4 is pretty good considering it’s early November and the song that Mariah is using to sell the album with won’t be getting regular plays yet. It should pick up when it is actually the Christmas season.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Remove this ad

andytanhw

#42 [url]

Nov 15 10 12:20 AM

MCglitterz wrote:
andytanhw wrote:
MCglitterz wrote:
divasummer wrote:
How young is everyone here not to know Babara's hits. The Way We Were, People, Enough Is Enough w/Donna Summer or You Don't Bring Me Flowers with Neil Diamond. Amoung many other's. Bab's is bigger than even Madonna.
or maybe it's because we don't listen to boring @ss AC schmaltz...

seriously pls dun dismis bab's accomplishment just because its not ur cup of tea
have u even listened to her songs yet??
such classics (all the songs above 'send in the clowns' etc... the list goes on..)
sure her range might not be as brilliant as mariah but her tone of voice & the way she sings is jus immaculate!
one of the true original divas.

please do not assume anything. yes i have listened to many of her songs (including those listed above) and i find them dreadful in fact. her voice IMO is very irritating and not pleasant at all. smiley: sicksmiley: sicksmiley: sicksmiley: sicksmiley: sick

wow u can't stand her voice? ok to each his own then

Kevon

Administrator

#43 [url]

Nov 15 10 8:36 AM

I've never been that keen on Barbara's voice, either.

Colson

#44 [url]

Nov 15 10 10:44 AM

Wow, I'm not even a big fan and I think the woman can blow. She has such a smoothness, clarity and strength to her voice. It isn't spectacular, but it's very good.

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#46 [url]

Nov 15 10 10:51 AM

I don't like Barbra's voice either, too nasal and 'soft' for me. Don't like her singing style at all.

#47 [url]

Nov 15 10 11:08 AM

Barbara is like a 70s version of Celine for me. Never was into her. In fact, I'd say Susan Boyle is a better vocalist than her.

kittykow105

#48 [url]

Nov 15 10 11:34 AM

Pipi2008 wrote:
Barbara is like a 70s version of Celine for me. Never was into her. In fact, I'd say Susan Boyle is a better vocalist than her.
smiley: eek I almost choked on my coffee.  Susan Boyle's voice doesn't even compare to the sound of Barbara or Celine's yawning in the morning.  

Colson

#50 [url]

Nov 15 10 12:04 PM

kittykow105 wrote:
Pipi2008 wrote:
smiley: eek I almost choked on my coffee.  Susan Boyle's voice doesn't even compare to the sound of Barbara or Celine's yawning in the morning.  

Yeah, I'm shocked someone would say that, but to each his own.

Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#51 [url]

Nov 15 10 12:11 PM

DutchLamb wrote:
Barbra in her prime is definitely one of the greats.
Pure, angelic and effortless.

That's a good example; nasal, not very powerful, very 'musical/variety'-type singing. Clearly not as powerful as Whitney or Mariah in their prime, or even Celine (who also has a tendency to sing nasally).

rainbow1199

#52 [url]

Nov 15 10 12:14 PM

^ I mean, she's a different style of singer than them. She's not like a power ballad diva belter. But she's definitely one of the most iconic voices of all time, whether you enjoy her voice or not is of course your own opinion.

kittykow105

#53 [url]

Nov 15 10 12:51 PM

rainbow1199 wrote:
^ I mean, she's a different style of singer than them. She's not like a power ballad diva belter. But she's definitely one of the most iconic voices of all time, whether you enjoy her voice or not is of course your own opinion.
I agree and that's why Barbara can still sing live and Whitney cannot.  Drugs only sped up the process of Whitney's deterioration.  

Kevon

Administrator

#54 [url]

Nov 15 10 3:20 PM

DutchLamb wrote:

I don't dispute that she's definitely one of the best vocalists out there, but I dunno, her sound and that kind of singing doesn't do anything for me.

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#57 [url]

Nov 15 10 8:01 PM

I'm not a huge fan of her musical style, but her voice is pretty incredible, especially in her prime. I guess she was never a huge fan of performing live -- but some of her studio recordings are amazing.

I always liked her studio version of "People," she has so much control and seems to hit just the right emotion with every note.

#58 [url]

Nov 15 10 8:08 PM

It's pretty amazing that this Album is the 2nd Chrismas Album in Billboard History to go to #1 on the R&B Charts. Mariah must be really happy about this since she is an R&B artist.

andytanhw

#60 [url]

Nov 16 10 5:48 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
DutchLamb wrote:

I don't dispute that she's definitely one of the best vocalists out there, but I dunno, her sound and that kind of singing doesn't do anything for me.

i know what u mean
the way she sings is def v diff from mariah or whitney
but i jus lovehervoice
that was a beautiful video with another great vocalists judy garland (the original somewhere over the rainbow singer!)

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help