Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#21 [url]

Nov 10 10 11:28 PM

^ Yes. It is huge for a xmas album, in Early Nov. 'Merry Christmas' (Nov 1st) debuted with 45k.

Remove this ad

NhWxMaN

#22 [url]

Nov 10 10 11:31 PM

neenerneenerskeezer wrote:
mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
#1 on R&B Albums is pretty cool.
How many does she have?

She has 6 #1 albums on the R&B charts:

Music Box
Daydream
The Emancipation of Mimi
E=MC2
Memoirs
Merry Christmas II You
why did the debut album only peak at #3 on R&B when it was #1 on the bb 200 for 10+ wks?

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#23 [url]

Nov 10 10 11:39 PM

NhWxMaN wrote:
mcfan wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
#1 on R&B Albums is pretty cool.
How many does she have?

Music Box
Daydream
The Emancipation of Mimi
E=MC2
Memoirs
Merry Christmas II You
why did the debut album only peak at #3 on R&B when it was #1 on the bb 200 for 10+ wks?

Because two other R&B albums sold better in R&B music stores during that time?

#24 [url]

Nov 11 10 1:11 AM

So the top 10 albums are:

Mariah Carey, #1
Emotions, #4
MTV Unplugged, #3
Music Box, #1
Merry Christmas, #3
Daydream, #1
Butterfly, #1
#1's, #4
Rainbow, #2
Glitter, #7
Charmbracelet, #3
The Emancipation Of Mimi, #1
E=MC2, #1
The Ballads, #10
Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel, #3
Merry Christmas II You, #4

am I correct?

andytanhw

#25 [url]

Nov 11 10 4:53 AM

i think the debut is gd
u cant really compare w other albums as its a christmas album
i jus want it to have consistent sales all the way up till new year
between does anyone has the updated sales numbers for all of mariah's albums in USA?

#27 [url]

Nov 11 10 7:46 AM

Music Box
Daydream
The Emancipation of Mimi
E=MC2
Memoirs
Merry Christmas II You
Since when is MB r'n'b??! smiley: eyes

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#28 [url]

Nov 11 10 10:08 AM

glitter86 wrote:

Music Box
Daydream
The Emancipation of Mimi
E=MC2
Memoirs
Merry Christmas II You
Since when is MB r'n'b??! smiley: eyes

Since R&B radio played the singles.

Diva's

#30 [url]

Nov 11 10 11:17 AM

Frederic Van Brabant wrote:
Top 5 is ok.   I can't believe Barbara Streisand is that big in the US. 30 top 10 albums????????????????,   I don't even know one big hit of hers.  

I feel the same way.  I know Barbara was still big album seller even during 90's, but I don't really hear her songs being played on the radio at all, even at AC or oldies stations.  

I am happy that Mariah got another R&B #1 album.  IDJ needs to lower the price and have a strategy.   Just went to Target today, MCIIY is still on sale at $11.99, but Susan Boyle is on sale at $7.99. 

They always complain that iTune took away a lot of potential profits from record company, but why not do direct sale like Groupon thing via Mariah's twitter or IDJ?  She has over 3 million followers, she can send a message that if over 100,000 followers sign up to buy or pre-order the album directly thru IDJ, the price point would be lower to $5.99 for a limited time?  If they don't go through retailers or iTune, IDJ should be able to transfer those savings to consumer.

Remove this ad

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#31 [url]

Nov 11 10 11:42 AM

Frederic Van Brabant wrote:
Top 5 is ok.   I can't believe Barbara Streisand is that big in the US. 30 top 10 albums????????????????,   I don't even know one big hit of hers.  
She benefited from having a string of movies with soundtracks that were credited to her.

Diva's

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#32 [url]

Nov 11 10 2:34 PM

Well, keep in mind Barbra Streisand has been releasing albums since 1963. That's 47 years on the charts LOL. She was also at her most relevant in an era when artists released albums frantically -- She released *9* albums between 1963 and 1966! All of them top 10 albums and most of them platinum sellers.

#33 [url]

Nov 11 10 5:24 PM

How young is everyone here not to know Babara's hits. The Way We Were, People, Enough Is Enough w/Donna Summer or You Don't Bring Me Flowers with Neil Diamond. Amoung many other's. Bab's is bigger than even Madonna.

MCglitterz

Posts: 2,922 This kitten got your tongue tied in knots I see...

#34 [url]

Nov 11 10 5:34 PM

divasummer wrote:
How young is everyone here not to know Babara's hits. The Way We Were, People, Enough Is Enough w/Donna Summer or You Don't Bring Me Flowers with Neil Diamond. Amoung many other's. Bab's is bigger than even Madonna.
or maybe it's because we don't listen to boring @ss AC schmaltz...

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#35 [url]

Nov 11 10 6:27 PM

MCglitterz wrote:
divasummer wrote:

You listen to Mariah, don't you?  The majority of her earlier ballads are AC schmaltz.  Her biggest selling album is full of it.

andytanhw

#37 [url]

Nov 12 10 12:34 AM

MCglitterz wrote:
divasummer wrote:

seriously pls dun dismis bab's accomplishment just because its not ur cup of tea
have u even listened to her songs yet??
such classics (all the songs above 'send in the clowns' etc... the list goes on..)
sure her range might not be as brilliant as mariah but her tone of voice & the way she sings is jus immaculate!
one of the true original divas.

mcrespect

#38 [url]

Nov 12 10 1:42 AM

The only Barbra Streisand songs that I know is the incomparable "The Way We Were","Woman In Love" and that amazing duet with Brian Adams "I Finally Found Someone".I don't really know any of her other work,never been a fan but she has one hell of a voice,so classy and crystal-like.

miragemm

#39 [url]

Nov 12 10 1:45 AM

Merry Christmas II You is only the 2nd Christmas album in history to reach #1 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop albums chart.

MCglitterz

Posts: 2,922 This kitten got your tongue tied in knots I see...

#40 [url]

Nov 12 10 4:20 AM

andytanhw wrote:
MCglitterz wrote:
divasummer wrote:

seriously pls dun dismis bab's accomplishment just because its not ur cup of tea
have u even listened to her songs yet??
such classics (all the songs above 'send in the clowns' etc... the list goes on..)
sure her range might not be as brilliant as mariah but her tone of voice & the way she sings is jus immaculate!
one of the true original divas.

please do not assume anything. yes i have listened to many of her songs (including those listed above) and i find them dreadful in fact. her voice IMO is very irritating and not pleasant at all. smiley: sicksmiley: sicksmiley: sicksmiley: sicksmiley: sick

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help