Remove this ad

#441 [url]

Dec 22 10 11:19 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
Gawain is off his head. Why do we have an obligation to buy things more than once? If I buy the album why the hell would I pay for the same thing again? To help Mariah's chart success? You might have nothing better to do with your money, but I have a mortgage to pay.
your off your head! I said if u already own the song then I can see why u wouldnt buy it again. However there are Remixs that I'm sure everyone has that they didn't pay for. So all I'm saying is if u are gonna have something pay for it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#442 [url]

Dec 22 10 1:18 PM

Buying an mp3 file from iTunes is hardly the same thing as it was buying CD singles. First of all with the CD single you actually get a product that you can keep with the artwork and case and everything, it's a collectable. Second, Mariah's maxi singles used to be like mini albums, there was always a bunch of awesome remixes that made it always worth buying her singles in addition to the albums. I really don't see the point in buying some cheap mp3 file when you know you're getting the album anyways.

Quote    Reply   

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#443 [url]

Dec 22 10 3:12 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
Colson wrote:
Me too. I usually always buy multiple copies of her albums. I don't buy her singles anymore. I mean, what's the point?

The point is the same as it use to be when we bought the CD Singles of Mariah. Now a day u need to do well in downloads to have a hit. I can see people not wanting the same song when they have the Album but just like the CD Singles there are Dance Remixs to her singles on Itunes and that helps just as much as buying the original. They aren't availible anywhere else so why shouldn't we buy them to help her singles chart. When I say we I mean all her fans not just the people on this board. It just seems like stealing music has become the right thing to do cause most people think why pay for a song or a remix when I got it for free.

All the Oh Santa! Remixes suck. Plus, its not my life goal to make Mariah's singles do well on the charts, and it shouldn't be yours. Mariah is rich and will never want for anything. Helping her chart stats is of no concern of me. I'm not gonna buy music from her repeatedly, or music from her that is not good simply so she charts better, that's stupid. 

Diva's

Quote    Reply   

#444 [url]

Dec 22 10 3:26 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Buying an mp3 file from iTunes is hardly the same thing as it was buying CD singles. First of all with the CD single you actually get a product that you can keep with the artwork and case and everything, it's a collectable. Second, Mariah's maxi singles used to be like mini albums, there was always a bunch of awesome remixes that made it always worth buying her singles in addition to the albums. I really don't see the point in buying some cheap mp3 file when you know you're getting the album anyways.

I feel the same way...   I used to buy all her maxi singles, they were cool and very special.  That was so typical for the 90's.    Now I still buy all her albums, but not the itunes albums.   I really like the feeling of a real album, that is worth the money to me...  I never understood why people buy albums on Itunes.  You pay so much money and you get a few mp3s.   That is not an album to me, that is totally not special.  A real album with the artwork and stuff, and the lyrics in it,...   That is more my thing, and it's nice for in my collection.   Maybe I am old fashioned.   I didn't bought oh santa because I knew I would buy MCIIY.  

Quote    Reply   

esettle0

#445 [url]

Dec 22 10 3:40 PM

Frederic Van Brabant wrote:
Colson wrote:
Me too. I usually always buy multiple copies of her albums. I don't buy her singles anymore. I mean, what's the point?
What's the point of buying multiple copies of her albums?

Well I brought several copies of MCIIY as gifts. And with her regular albums, I'm a collector, so I always have one copy I never open in hopes that I'll get it autographed one day. And then I'll get all the different editions, and sometimes I'll buy a copy for a friend or two.

Diva's

Quote    Reply   

#446 [url]

Dec 22 10 3:44 PM

esettle0 wrote:
Colson wrote:

Well I brought several copies of MCIIY as gifts. And with her regular albums, I'm a collector, so I always have one copy I never open in hopes that I'll get it autographed one day. And then I'll get all the different editions, and sometimes I'll buy a copy for a friend or two.

My friends would not appreciate an album from Mariah Carey as a gift.   You have more luck with your friends, I hope they appreciate her music. smiley: happy

Quote    Reply   

#447 [url]

Dec 22 10 4:13 PM

Gawain of Suffolk wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
Gawain is off his head. Why do we have an obligation to buy things more than once? If I buy the album why the hell would I pay for the same thing again? To help Mariah's chart success? You might have nothing better to do with your money, but I have a mortgage to pay.
your off your head! I said if u already own the song then I can see why u wouldnt buy it again. However there are Remixs that I'm sure everyone has that they didn't pay for. So all I'm saying is if u are gonna have something pay for it.

Gawain, it is like you feel succesful in life when mc is succesful...   Go for your own success and enjoy her music en stop caring so much for the charts...   In a way I think it is sweet that you care so much, but in another way it is not normal... 

Quote    Reply   

#448 [url]

Dec 22 10 4:18 PM

esettle0 wrote:
Colson wrote:

My friends would not appreciate an album from Mariah Carey as a gift.   You have more luck with your friends, I hope they appreciate her music. smiley: happy

IKR, I would never gift an MC album, I might as well give them a used shoe LOL

Quote    Reply   

esettle0

#450 [url]

Dec 22 10 6:19 PM

jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
Colson wrote:

Well Mariah is a lot more popular  in America than outside of America, so its not abnormal to have friends that like her here in America. 

Diva's

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

andytanhw

#451 [url]

Dec 23 10 3:24 AM

esettle0 wrote:
Colson wrote:

exactly! thats wat i do too with different editions of each album
its so sad theres no more CD singles around... i love them so much!

Quote    Reply   

#452 [url]

Dec 23 10 7:50 AM

esettle0 wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
Colson wrote:

Well Mariah is a lot more popular  in America than outside of America, so its not abnormal to have friends that like her here in America. 

That is true.
She is simply HATED over here, I couldn't imagine anyone besides real fans finding MC cool to listen to.

Quote    Reply   

#453 [url]

Dec 23 10 11:23 AM

jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
Colson wrote:

That is true.
She is simply HATED over here, I couldn't imagine anyone besides real fans finding MC cool to listen to.

I live in Belgium, she is hated here too.   Lots of people in Belgium don't really know how big she is.   They also mostly don't know that she writes her own songs.   They just love her here for AIWFXMIY, almost everybody loves this song.   You hear this song here a lot on the radio every year.   I became a fan in 1993 when Without You was a huge hit here.   Before that I had never heard of her her.   She was popular here for a few years, but she became a joke here even before Glitter.  

Quote    Reply   

#454 [url]

Dec 23 10 11:56 AM

MariahDaily:

"Oh Santa!"
Billboard Hot 100 Songs: #100 (Debut)
Billboard Adult Contemporary: #1 (Last week: #1)
Billboard Top Digital Songs: #117 (Last week: #151)
Downloads this week: 14,173 (+21.6%)
Total Downloads: 50,139
Billboard Canadian Hot 100 Songs: #73 (Debut)

"All I Want For Christmas Is You"
Billboard Top Digital Songs: #25 (Last week: #21)
Downloads this week: 49,455 (-2.3%)
Total Downloads: 1,794,211
Billboard Holiday Songs: #1 (Last week: #3)
Billboard Ringtones: #3 (Last week: #1)
Billboard AOL Radio #1 (Last week: #1)

Last Edited By: marypoppinsmyass Dec 23 10 12:30 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

esettle0

#455 [url]

Dec 23 10 2:02 PM

jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
Colson wrote:

That is true.

She was popular here for a few years, but she became a joke here even before Glitter.  
Did she become a joke prior to Glitter because of her music? or because of the media tagging her as a demanding Diva?

Diva's

Quote    Reply   

#456 [url]

Dec 24 10 7:47 AM

esettle0 wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
Colson wrote:

That is true.

She was popular here for a few years, but she became a joke here even before Glitter.  
Did she become a joke prior to Glitter because of her music? or because of the media tagging her as a demanding Diva?

It was not because of her music...   altough they love the pop mariah from the early years def more than the r&b mariah here.   It was because the media and because her own behaviour.   Like people who worked with her here or interviewed her say she is a major **+*!.   They say her behaviour was very unrespectful.   And I sort of agree with some of the stuff they are saying...   Mariah is partly to blame for her bad name.  

There was an incident, during the rainbow era.    She had an interview with Marlene De Wouters (someone from the Belgium tv).   Mariah had her own people for the lights and make up and other stuff.   It took them very long to set everything up.  MC was very difficult (said Marlene).   MC wanted to be in the spotlight and Marlene had to sit in the dark, you could hardly see Marlenes face.   Marlene was laughing with the situation in Dutch when mc was sitting next to her.   Marlene said to the camera: "well you people at home know how I look because you will not be able to see me".   And we couldn't hardly see Marlene , she was sitting in the dark during the interview and Mc was in the spotligth.   People always say the media made things up about this crazy diva, but this was an example that it was not made up.   MC made a huge fool of herself, at that time a was very ashamed to be a fan.  The interview was a joke.   Everybody was hating on her and laughing with her interview where mc was in the spotlight and marlene in the dark.   This was not the mariah I fell in love with, LOL.   She became very bitchy during the Butterfly and Rainbow era.   The girl next door from the beginning was gone.   Now after all these years people still talk about that interview.   Marlene said last year I think that MC was the worst famous person she interviewed.   

There is another example where she had to perform at a sports award show (De Gouden Schoen), also during the rainbow era.   She was very late, and the people from the show were stressing.   She came very late and her bodyguards had to carry her to the stage and she was just in time to start singing.   The presenters of that show still speak about it, how bitchy and difficult she was.  

She made for a big part her own bad name, and not the media.   These are just two examples that the media just not made things up to call her a diva.   I am sure that every country where mc has been had such stories to tell...   sStories that really happened and where MC was the one to blame.

Last Edited By: Frederic Van Brabant Dec 24 10 7:52 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#457 [url]

Dec 24 10 7:58 AM

^Glitter really grounded her, from from 93-2001 on she increasingly became worse, with the weird diva-demands.
I really do believe she isn't like this anymore, she seems much nicer and warmer now, but she dug her own hole with this in Europe..especially since they like "down to earth" celebs a LOT.
Europeans are much breezier/sober then Americans in that respect. just take the Oprah show, the audience…teh reactiosn when they get something for free are hilariously over the top, you would NEVER see this happening in countries like Holland or Belgium.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#458 [url]

Dec 24 10 9:24 AM

iTunes Songs & Albums:
#23 - Merry Christmas
#24 - Merry Christmas II You
#32 - 'All I Want For Christmas Is You '
#111 - 'Oh Santa!'
#273 - 'Always Be My Baby'
#389 - 'All I Want For Christmas Is You (Extra Festive)'
#563 - 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' [version from Holiday Hits]
#711 - 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)'
#830 - 'O Holy Night'

Quote    Reply   

#459 [url]

Dec 24 10 10:03 AM

jasp17 wrote:
^Glitter really grounded her, from from 93-2001 on she increasingly became worse, with the weird diva-demands.
I really do believe she isn't like this anymore, she seems much nicer and warmer now, but she dug her own hole with this in Europe..especially since they like "down to earth" celebs a LOT.
Europeans are much breezier/sober then Americans in that respect. just take the Oprah show, the audience…teh reactiosn when they get something for free are hilariously over the top, you would NEVER see this happening in countries like Holland or Belgium.

Soooo true...   I think American fans don't realize how bad her image is (and how unpopular she is) here in Europe...  

Last Edited By: Frederic Van Brabant Dec 24 10 10:08 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#460 [url]

Dec 24 10 11:04 AM

#101 Oh Santa! on iTunes now.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help