Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#41 [url]

Sep 29 10 12:04 PM

^ By impact, I meant to say that it is remembered/hailed. 'Halo' was huge in Europe and many people loved and still love it here.

Remove this ad

rainbow1199

#42 [url]

Sep 29 10 12:12 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
mcfan wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
Beyonce is a bigger 'brand', definitely. I'd say Gaga is a much bigger force in music. To be honest I think off her album/re-release she's had more memorable hits than Beyonce's entire solo career.
'Crazy In Love' topping decade-end lists 7 years after its release begs to differ. 'Irreplaceable' and 'Single Ladies' are also iconic/anthemic songs and 'Halo' is probably her single with the most impact WW.

Let's not overrate Gaga more than she already is, please. Out of 7 singles her most remembered in 10 years will only be 'Poker Face', 'Bad Romance' and maybe 'Paparazzi'  Just Dance IMO.

But by that logic, they each have 3 memorable hits- and Beyonce's are out of a 7 year career while Gaga's are out of a 2 year career.

Anyway, this is stupid to discuss as these songs are still relatively new. I do think 'SL' has probably more significance than any Gaga song, though.

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#43 [url]

Sep 29 10 12:40 PM

Oh lawd, I should've known better than to get involved with these delusional stans. Anyway, I think that (sadly) Beyonce is one of very few superstars we have in the 2000s, but Gaga burst onto the scene with such phenomenal success and her songs were hits all over the world, whereas Beyonce mainly had CIL off of her debut and didn't sell nearly as many albums or singles. She's very hit-or-miss and her album sales aren't anything to brag about. We'll see how well Gaga does with the next release though, she might as well be another one album wonder for all we know.

Kevon

Administrator

#44 [url]

Sep 29 10 1:39 PM

rainbow1199 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
mcfan wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
Beyonce is a bigger 'brand', definitely. I'd say Gaga is a much bigger force in music. To be honest I think off her album/re-release she's had more memorable hits than Beyonce's entire solo career.
'Crazy In Love' topping decade-end lists 7 years after its release begs to differ. 'Irreplaceable' and 'Single Ladies' are also iconic/anthemic songs and 'Halo' is probably her single with the most impact WW.

Let's not overrate Gaga more than she already is, please. Out of 7 singles her most remembered in 10 years will only be 'Poker Face', 'Bad Romance' and maybe 'Paparazzi'  Just Dance IMO.

But by that logic, they each have 3 memorable hits- and Beyonce's are out of a 7 year career while Gaga's are out of a 2 year career.

That was my point. And I still don't see what was so memorable about 'Irreplacable'. It's like saying 'WBT' is remembered because it was a big hit, whereas I actually think it's one of those songs that hasn't stood the test of time at all. 'CIL' and 'SL' are Beyonce's memorable tracks as far as I can see.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Kevon

Administrator

#45 [url]

Sep 29 10 1:40 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Oh lawd, I should've known better than to get involved with these delusional stans. Anyway, I think that (sadly) Beyonce is one of very few superstars we have in the 2000s, but Gaga burst onto the scene with such phenomenal success and her songs were hits all over the world, whereas Beyonce mainly had CIL off of her debut and didn't sell nearly as many albums or singles. She's very hit-or-miss and her album sales aren't anything to brag about. We'll see how well Gaga does with the next release though, she might as well be another one album wonder for all we know.
I know, I struggled to keep interest around the time the words "Opinion" and "Hater" started getting thrown around. 

mcfan

#Beautiful

#46 [url]

Sep 29 10 1:53 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
That was my point. And I still don't see what was so memorable about 'Irreplacable'. It's like saying 'WBT' is remembered because it was a big hit, whereas I actually think it's one of those songs that hasn't stood the test of time at all. 'CIL' and 'SL' are Beyonce's memorable tracks as far as I can see.
So you don't think 'WBT' is a Mariah classic by now? That it is remembered?
'Irreplaceable' was a big hit, it stood out among the singles off that album and it still gets a big amount of recurrent airplay. To me it is as memorable as 'Single Ladies'.

rainbow1199

#47 [url]

Sep 29 10 2:12 PM

'WBT' and 'Irreplaceable' are both kinda ruined by the fact that they had so many copycats, which makes the original songs look more generic than they actually were.

Gaga also has the visual advantage- like Madonna, I think her vidoes will have incredible staying power in peoples' minds. Audiences will probably remember the video for 'Telephone', for example, long after the song is forgotten.

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#48 [url]

Sep 29 10 2:43 PM

LikePhoenixFromTheAshes wrote:
mcfan wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:

Let's not overrate Gaga more than she already is, please. Out of 7 singles her most remembered in 10 years will only be 'Poker Face', 'Bad Romance' and maybe 'Paparazzi' IMO.

Probably depends on where you live and if you count WW, the US is a big factor, of course. Here, I'd say: Beyonce and Gaga are both big. Beyonce has been around longer, but right now, there is absolutely no doubt that Gaga is a MONSTER, while Beyonce is "just big". Time will tell who will be remembered more, but Beyonce's songs are well-remembered (here) so far, but not as iconic/anthem-like. Gaga's hits were muuch bigger here, and my bet is that all in all, her biggest hits will be more remembered than Beyonce's.
Where do you live exactly?

Diva's

esettle0

#49 [url]

Sep 29 10 2:46 PM

mcfan wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
So you don't think 'WBT' is a Mariah classic by now? That it is remembered?

Does it matter? It's simply what he thinks, which, well.....its what he thinks and that's where it ends.

Diva's

esettle0

#50 [url]

Sep 29 10 2:50 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:
I know, I struggled to keep interest around the time the words "Opinion" and "Hater" started getting thrown around. 

lol , so do you think your opinion is fact? and people not taking your opinion as fact causes you to loose interest? You should have no interest and not even be here since your not even a Beyonce. But she has the power to draw people into discussions about her because she's...well, Beyonce.

Diva's

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#51 [url]

Sep 29 10 2:55 PM

Oh Lawd! I think it's a bit early to be having drama in this thread... I mean the single hasn't even dropped yet!
Let's not get carried away, plz. The previous thread already had a bad rep, we want this one to stay clean at least

esettle0

#52 [url]

Sep 29 10 2:58 PM

mcfan wrote:
Oh Lawd! I think it's a bit early to be having drama in this thread... I mean the single hasn't even dropped yet!
Let's not get carried away, plz. The previous thread already had a bad rep, we want this one to stay clean at least
lol, true. But I still can't fathom how or why more non-Beyonce fans post in her topic than fans. Non-fans are respopsible for the massive amount of posts in the previous epic Beyonce topic.

Diva's

mcfan

#Beautiful

#53 [url]

Sep 29 10 3:13 PM

esettle0 wrote:
mcfan wrote:
lol, true. But I still can't fathom how or why more non-Beyonce fans post in her topic than fans. Non-fans are respopsible for the massive amount of posts in the previous epic Beyonce topic. 
Well maybe it's just because it's me, you and Vinny preaching the Book of Deréon around here

Kevon

Administrator

#54 [url]

Sep 29 10 3:19 PM

esettle0 wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

lol , so do you think your opinion is fact? and people not taking your opinion as fact causes you to loose interest? You should have no interest and not even be here since your not even a Beyonce. But she has the power to draw people into discussions about her because she's...well, Beyonce.

No what makes me lose interest is that you actually think me saying "I think X" needs to be countered with "That's your opinion" - err ya think? I know this was prevalent back when we were 16 and debating whether Mariah was lip-synching or not, but are we really still at the stage where that still needs to be stated?  The words "I think" are clearly there, is that not enough?

Lol @ us posting in this thread being some kind of anomaly because she's Beyonce.  You and Mario post in the Rihanna thread. I guess that's "the power of the mighty Rihanna"

mcfan

#Beautiful

#55 [url]

Sep 29 10 3:25 PM

kevo2002 wrote:

Lol @ us posting in this thread being some kind of anomaly because she's Beyonce.  You and Mario post in the Rihanna thread. I guess that's "the power of the mighty Rihanna"
But we don't hate her.. we just think she's inferior

esettle0

#56 [url]

Sep 29 10 7:10 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

No what makes me lose interest is that you actually think me saying "I think X" needs to be countered with "That's your opinion" - err ya think? I know this was prevalent back when we were 16 and debating whether Mariah was lip-synching or not, but are we really still at the stage where that still needs to be stated?  The words "I think" are clearly there, is that not enough?

lol, whatever.... u need like a TV show or blog or something, because u are funny.  anyways, point taken. 

and I like a lot Rihanna's music, but greatly loathe the fact that I do, and I hate that a bulk of her fans think she's on Bey's level.  

Diva's

Kevon

Administrator

#57 [url]

Sep 30 10 2:38 AM

And contrary to popular belief I don't actually hate Beyonce. That status reserved for only one. Of the crusty variety

carlos b fly

Administrator

#58 [url]

Sep 30 10 10:41 AM

LikePhoenixFromTheAshes wrote:
mcfan wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:

Let's not overrate Gaga more than she already is, please. Out of 7 singles her most remembered in 10 years will only be 'Poker Face', 'Bad Romance' and maybe 'Paparazzi' IMO.

Probably depends on where you live and if you count WW, the US is a big factor, of course. Here, I'd say: Beyonce and Gaga are both big. Beyonce has been around longer, but right now, there is absolutely no doubt that Gaga is a MONSTER, while Beyonce is "just big". Time will tell who will be remembered more

Very true.

In terms of iconic (as in, more remembered and established as a brand) it would go -

1) Beyonce
2) Lady Gaga

At the moment, in terms of who is bigger star its unquestionably -

1) Lady Gaga
2) Beyonce

As others have mentioned though, Gaga could explode into a whiff of nothingness after her second album despite being the in thing. Its happened before. Only time will tell if she can establish herself as modern icon in pop like Beyonce. 

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#59 [url]

Sep 30 10 12:20 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:
BeyondIdolization wrote:

We all have those artists we don't care much for but still enjoy checking up on and occasionally bash. At least we're mature enough to admit it.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#60 [url]

Sep 30 10 12:34 PM

I won't say anything more without the presence of my lawyer

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help