Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 28 10 9:05 PM

k2thed wrote:
Couldn't you come up with a more creative thread title? Like the  "Every other female artist out there hates Beyonce for slaying them yet again era"

That wouldn't be accurate though because Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift are the ones slaying everybody (Beyonce included).

Remove this ad

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#22 [url]

Sep 28 10 9:36 PM

soulchild01 wrote:
k2thed wrote:
Couldn't you come up with a more creative thread title? Like the  "Every other female artist out there hates Beyonce for slaying them yet again era"

That wouldn't be accurate though because Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift are the ones slaying everybody (Beyonce included).

No, Beyonce slays Gaga and Taylor because her reign and dominance extends beyond music unlike the those two. Check Forbes, Beyonce is above them . Hit songs, millions sold, #1 movies, countless magazine covers, endless endorsements, successful clothing line, awards for as far as the eyes can stretch....the others could never keep up.

Diva's

#23 [url]

Sep 29 10 2:49 AM

*Yawns*

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

mcfan

#Beautiful

#24 [url]

Sep 29 10 4:43 AM

seanjonmc wrote:
*Yawns*
You're not obliged to visit the thread, you know?

esettle0 wrote:
soulchild01 wrote:
No, Beyonce slays Gaga and Taylor because her reign and dominance extends beyond music unlike the those two. Check Forbes, Beyonce is above them . Hit songs, millions sold, #1 movies, countless magazine covers, endless endorsements, successful clothing line, awards for as far as the eyes can stretch....the others could never keep up.
LOL Erica you know they have no hope against the Book of Deréon

#25 [url]

Sep 29 10 4:59 AM

esettle0 wrote:
soulchild01 wrote:
k2thed wrote:

That doesn't make sense, because Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift have had much shorter careers behind them, but they already accomplished(especially gaga) SO much more then Beyonce had in that period of time.
Just wait untill Gaga's 2nd album has been out for a year.

#26 [url]

Sep 29 10 5:25 AM

jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
soulchild01 wrote:
k2thed wrote:

That doesn't make sense, because Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift have had much shorter careers behind them, but they already accomplished(especially gaga) SO much more then Beyonce had in that period of time.

Gaga achieving so much, in so little time may not be a good thing though. Who knows? she may very well have peaked too early...

Dont get me wrong I dont think shes going to suddenly flop, She wont obviously but she can't continue on this fast lane to fame shes been on forever.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#27 [url]

Sep 29 10 7:06 AM

jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
soulchild01 wrote:
k2thed wrote:

Beyonce is still a mega pop star in my books, truly one of the bigs guns in modern music.

At the moment though, Gaga is by far the bigger artist and I don't think anyone can deny that. 2010 and 2009 have literally been all about Gaga. In fact, I'm sure we've had this conversation recently? I can't really comment on Taylor Swift. She hasn't had that kind of universal impact on culture that Gaga or Beyonce has (at least outside the States).

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#28 [url]

Sep 29 10 8:18 AM

esettle0 wrote:
soulchild01 wrote:
k2thed wrote:

She's making tons of money, but so is 50 Cent. Does anyone care about his music? No. Obviously Beyonce does better than him, but her sales are still embarrassing compared to Gaga and Swift's.

Kevon

Administrator

#30 [url]

Sep 29 10 9:05 AM

Beyonce is a bigger 'brand', definitely. I'd say Gaga is a much bigger force in music. To be honest I think off her album/re-release she's had more memorable hits than Beyonce's entire solo career.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#32 [url]

Sep 29 10 9:25 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
Beyonce is a bigger 'brand', definitely. I'd say Gaga is a much bigger force in music. To be honest I think off her album/re-release she's had more memorable hits than Beyonce's entire solo career.
'Crazy In Love' topping decade-end lists 7 years after its release begs to differ. 'Irreplaceable' and 'Single Ladies' are also iconic/anthemic songs and 'Halo' is probably her single with the most impact WW.

Let's not overrate Gaga more than she already is, please. Out of 7 singles her most remembered in 10 years will only be 'Poker Face', 'Bad Romance' and maybe 'Paparazzi' IMO.

Last Edited By: mcfan Sep 29 10 9:33 AM. Edited 2 times.

esettle0

#33 [url]

Sep 29 10 11:01 AM

jasp17 wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
soulchild01 wrote:
k2thed wrote:

accomplished SO much more? like what?  

Diva's

esettle0

#34 [url]

Sep 29 10 11:04 AM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
esettle0 wrote:
soulchild01 wrote:
k2thed wrote:

She's making tons of money, but so is 50 Cent. Does anyone care about his music? No. Obviously Beyonce does better than him, but her sales are still embarrassing compared to Gaga and Swift's.
You find them embarrassing. Normal non-haters dont. I dont get the 50 Cent comparison, its as irrelevant as your failed point.  

Diva's

esettle0

#35 [url]

Sep 29 10 11:05 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
To be honest I think off her album/re-release she's had more memorable hits than Beyonce's entire solo career.
This is a joke. But that's your OPINION.

Diva's

Colson

#36 [url]

Sep 29 10 11:13 AM

^I don't agree with that neither. And how can ppl judge Gaga's hits being 'memorable' at this point? She's only been out in the U.S. for a few years. When she hit it big in the U.S., is when she really blew up. I'm aware she had hits internationally before they released them in the U.S., but she still was somewhat unknown.

I think what Beyonce has done so far is far more impressive considering she's mostly a solo R&B black female act. Now the quality of her overall catalog is another story in itself.

esettle0

#37 [url]

Sep 29 10 11:16 AM

Colson wrote:
^I don't agree with that neither. And how can ppl judge Gaga's hits being 'memorable' at this point? She's only been out in the U.S. for a few years. When she hit it big in the U.S., is when she really blew up. I'm aware she had hits internationally before they released them in the U.S., but she still was somewhat unknown.
That comment was clearly him just being a hater. He can deny it, but its obvious. The comment was baseless and stupid.   

Diva's

LikePhoenixFromTheAshes

#39 [url]

Sep 29 10 11:53 AM

mcfan wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:

'Crazy In Love' topping decade-end lists 7 years after its release begs to differ. 'Irreplaceable' and 'Single Ladies' are also iconic/anthemic songs and 'Halo' is probably her single with the most impact WW.

Let's not overrate Gaga more than she already is, please. Out of 7 singles her most remembered in 10 years will only be 'Poker Face', 'Bad Romance' and maybe 'Paparazzi' IMO.

Probably depends on where you live and if you count WW, the US is a big factor, of course. Here, I'd say: Beyonce and Gaga are both big. Beyonce has been around longer, but right now, there is absolutely no doubt that Gaga is a MONSTER, while Beyonce is "just big". Time will tell who will be remembered more, but Beyonce's songs are well-remembered (here) so far, but not as iconic/anthem-like. Gaga's hits were muuch bigger here, and my bet is that all in all, her biggest hits will be more remembered than Beyonce's.

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#40 [url]

Sep 29 10 11:56 AM

mcfan wrote:
kevo2002 wrote:

Let's not overrate Gaga more than she already is, please. Out of 7 singles her most remembered in 10 years will only be 'Poker Face', 'Bad Romance' and maybe 'Paparazzi'  Just Dance IMO.

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help