This album is kinda LIT

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#3082 [url]

Aug 8 16 8:52 AM

breakbreakdown wrote:
Beyoncé-ish - 1997 Britney Spears - 1999 Katy Perry - 2008 Lady Gaga - 2009 Rihanna - 2005 No new girls in the 2010's? I'm worried. Maybe Arianna Grande (2011?) but this one is traveling to Carly Rae Jepsen's land.

What major male acts have come out in the past 5 years?

Not that it really matters, but I'd say Beyonce/DC was 1998 if you're talking when these acts made an impact. If you are speaking strictly of their debut release, then Katy Perry would be 2001.

And yeah, Swift's major debut was in 2006.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#3085 [url]

Sep 18 16 9:19 PM

Rosanne Cash posted the income she earned over a three-month period from one of the largest music streaming services on her Twitter:
“This qtr’s songwriting royalty statement: for 45,000 streams of my song ‘Seven Year Ache’ on one Big Tech service: $3.13. @artistrightsnow“
That works out to 0.00696 cents per play. Yikes.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#3087 [url]

Sep 19 16 9:23 AM

Kevon wrote:
^What the heck? So a million streams only earns $7000 embarassed.gif

This is why so many artists are against streaming, or at least against the business part of it.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#3088 [url]

Sep 19 16 9:34 AM

Yeah I knew it was measly but that really is bad. I can certainly see why artists like Mariah who haven't ever really been big on touring are all of a sudden interested in doing gigs.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3089 [url]

Sep 19 16 10:55 AM

Spotify doesn't really have money to pay royalties, that's why they're looking into temporarily windowing new releases on their Premium service.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#3090 [url]

Sep 20 16 10:38 AM

I am actually really surprised how cheap the subscription still is. But then again I guess if they raise the service costs, Apple will swoop in and they can afford to front the bill until they thwart the competition.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

breakbreakdown

#3091 [url]

Oct 1 16 9:46 AM

"A few questions that I need to know..." Can't believe All Saint's Never Ever is turning 20 next year. Such a good, timeless song. I love it to death. Shout to War of Nerves and Booty Call ❤️

Quote    Reply   

breakbreakdown

#3092 [url]

Oct 1 16 5:42 PM

That's I will always love albums. Today I decided to revisit All Saints, and then I realized that they have released an album this year. I decided to give it a try and I was so surprised. It's brilliantly produced, with an updated sound yet still very All Saints. It flows really well. To anyone that loves Pop/RnB and/or All Saints, just stream it on Spotify - highlights: One Strike, Red Flag, Who hurt Who, Pieces, This is A War, Tribal

Quote    Reply   

houseofMusiC

#3094 [url]

Oct 2 16 7:05 AM

breakbreakdown wrote:
That's I will always love albums. Today I decided to revisit All Saints, and then I realized that they have released an album this year. I decided to give it a try and I was so surprised. It's brilliantly produced, with an updated sound yet still very All Saints. It flows really well. To anyone that loves Pop/RnB and/or All Saints, just stream it on Spotify - highlights: One Strike, Red Flag, Who hurt Who, Pieces, This is A War, Tribal
Yaaas! All Saints fan here since '98.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#3096 [url]

Oct 7 16 8:56 PM

Just discovered this incredible song, had never heard it before- I guess it would be considered trip-hop? I'm not super-into the electronica genre but this kind of sound I LOVE. How was this not a hit?!

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#3099 [url]

Jan 31 17 8:16 AM

Something like this would be nice from Mariah. "Genreless" but learning towards RnB, nice simple production, softly sung, catch chorus, feminine. So good. <3

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#3100 [url]

Jan 31 17 5:31 PM

^ That song SLAYS. Usher sounds amazing too.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help