Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

Lead

Sep 3 09 11:32 PM

Tags : :

We have a few of these on my DC3 messageboard. Our Beyoncé one is currently 835 pages long. I think it'd be a good idea for this board. Basically if you have something random to say that doesn't warrant a thread... say it here. Basically it's like Mariah-only Twitter?

For example:

The fade-in beginning of "Heartbreaker" (the original) makes me smile... and I have no idea why.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Last Edited By: Vincent Sep 3 09 11:37 PM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

WiseGuyC

Posts: 3,982 "You love me more than you love sunny summer days."

#2 [url]

Sep 4 09 12:02 AM

I wish I could've been a fly on the wall when Mariah showed up late to the set of WiseGirls and was confronted by Mira Sorvino lol.

Last Edited By: WiseGuyC Sep 4 09 12:05 AM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

WiseGuyC

#4 [url]

Sep 4 09 12:08 AM

RnB Junkie wrote:
^I don't get it? LOL.
From People magazine article, Diva in Distress:
In May, during her first week of work on Wise Girls, she and costar Mira Sorvino tangled on one of the few occasions the singer was late getting to the set. "Mira got into her face, and Mariah threw a salt shaker at her," says producer Billy Blake. "They wrestled to the floor."

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#6 [url]

Sep 4 09 12:15 AM

WiseGuyC wrote:
RnB Junkie wrote:
^I don't get it? LOL.
In May, during her first week of work on Wise Girls, she and costar Mira Sorvino tangled on one of the few occasions the singer was late getting to the set. "Mira got into her face, and Mariah threw a salt shaker at her," says producer Billy Blake. "They wrestled to the floor."

LMFAO @ MARIAH THROWING A SALT SHAKER!!! Who throws a salt shaker?!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

WiseGuyC

#7 [url]

Sep 4 09 12:27 AM

^ Exactly. But in Mariah's defense, she was portraying a tough waitress, so a salt shaker actually seems fitting lol.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#8 [url]

Sep 4 09 12:30 AM

WiseGuyC wrote:
^ Exactly. But in Mariah's defense, she was portraying a tough waitress, so a salt shaker actually seems fitting lol.

I guess so huh! She turned that zesty takeout to a zesty knockout! POW!

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Sep 4 09 1:46 AM

WiseGuyC wrote:

RnB Junkie wrote:

^I don't get it? LOL.

In May, during her first week of work on Wise Girls, she and costar Mira Sorvino tangled on one of the few occasions the singer was late getting to
the set. "Mira got into her face, and Mariah threw a salt shaker at her," says producer Billy Blake.
"They wrestled to the floor."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#15 [url]

Sep 4 09 6:59 AM

WiseGuyC wrote:
Sure, Miley Cyrus is a role model for a lot of young girls today, but the real MC still inspires...

OMG, that was sooooo adorable! She has good taste, lol. image

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Sep 4 09 7:03 AM

Omg that little girl sounds like Whitney at GMA! Shes too cute! The daily mirror quote is classic! But my favourite Mariah quote is

"My new diet is bleak it consists of a plate, a fork and air" lol

Quote    Reply   

jrsoares

#17 [url]

Sep 4 09 8:46 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the adlibs she does on the original Fantasy towards the end.....''Youuuu touched me babyyy, Youu Got me crazyyyyy, Youuuu wrapped me babyyyy, Youuu come and take meeeeeehhhhhhhh''. (IDK if the lyrics are correct though lol)

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Sep 4 09 9:33 AM

Random thought:

STILL upset that SIO didn't go to No. 1 and Migrate wasn't released as the 1st single.

Random quote:

There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train!

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#19 [url]

Sep 4 09 10:08 AM

My little theory...

Mariah Carey's debut album = Mariah Carey - huge success, multiple number ones, commercial, Grammy winner
Sophomore album = Emotions - disappointment compared to the debut but still successful, one (record breaking) number one, less commercial, more soulful
Junior album = Music Box - more commercial/pop than debut, huge success, first cover song on a studio album, first single sounds nothing like the rest of the album, number ones

"Mimi's" debut album = The Emancipation of Mimi - huge success, multiple number ones, commercial, Grammy winner
Mimi's sophomore = E=MC2 - disappointment compared to TEOM but still successful, one (record breaking) number one, less commercial, more urban
Mimi's junior album = Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel - more commercial/pop than debut, first cover song, first single sounds nothing like the rest of the album? huge success?! number ones?!

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Sep 4 09 10:14 AM

LOL, deja vu it seems. Though Music Box was so brilliant, and delivered 2 #1s right out of the gate with a #1 foreign cover in Without You.

Memoirs is obviously not going that way in terms of charts success but you're right....the first single (Obsessed) will sound nothing like the rest (though wasn't Candy Bling suppose to be similar)?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help