Remove this ad

#14141 [url]

Jun 19 17 7:29 AM

She didn't sound as bad as some are making out. Yes she struggled a bit. Her tone sounded good but she lacked range. That's pretty standard for her when she returns to performing after a break. But some of the immature idiots on UKmix had meltdowns after seeing two 15 second clips of her messing up a line of ABMB and of course Sam from That @%@* Juice picked up on it as a result. He's truly a nasty piece of work. We love everybody but he thinks the sun shines out of Fakoncé's ass and he'll take any opportunity to create a negative story about Mariah. Again, is he really the problem though? It's the ridiculous fans who have meltdowns over nothing that continue to do damage to Mariah. 

Yes Mariah has to take responsibility too but  more often that not she comes out sounding rough when she hasn't been performing for months. It's been 4 months since she did a live show. And as you guys said, when she does put on weight, her confidence and stage presence evaporates. I wish her so called fans would just give her a break some times. This was a private show where she was simply there to collect a cheque and probably use it as a rehearsal opportunity for her upcoming tour. But it's almost reaching the point where she simply can't even come on stage and miss one line now without the some fans having a meltdown that ends up with it potentially becoming a big viral news story. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Migrate90

#14142 [url]

Jun 19 17 8:45 AM

nizarnoor wrote:
Yeah OOC is so random. I wonder why she picked that one.

I remember, in the E=MC² era on a track-by-track commentary in a print interview, she said that she was dying to get out on the road and perform that song in particular. That "O.O.C." was so fun, that out of the entire album, that track was definitely not going to be missing from the tour. (She also spoke about "For The Record" being a song that her true fans were going to enjoy the most live.)

It's weird she decided to do it live for the first time now, at that specific setting of all, though. Maybe she wanted to test it out and it's going to stay on the setlist for the tour with Lionel as well. It sounds cool with live instrumentation tbh.

Quote    Reply   

#14144 [url]

Jun 19 17 9:22 AM

I have never been a fan of O.O.C. But as Migrate90 said, I think it sounds great with the live instrumentation too. It's just an extremely random choice to do live at this point. She suggested on Twitter a few weeks ago that she was considering Thanx 4 Nothin' or Faded. Maybe I'm biased because T4N is one of my favourites from that album but that wouldn't have been as random because she has shown it love before.

Quote    Reply   

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#14145 [url]

Jun 19 17 9:26 AM

I'm all for her singing album tracks she's never sang before even if I don't care for them much, like OOC. It beats another SIO performance. But if she is doing it on the Lionel show I think that's really weird considering the name of the tour is "the hits".

Quote    Reply   

#14146 [url]

Jun 19 17 9:41 AM

I don't think she sounded bad at all. More on a "saving" mode, not even trying the hardest part, but her technique was certainly there and well educated. She looked bored, lazy, heavy and absolutely not enjoying the performance. This hurts me the most!

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#14147 [url]

Jun 19 17 10:24 AM

mimifan09 wrote:
She didn't sound as bad as some are making out. Yes she struggled a bit. Her tone sounded good but she lacked range. That's pretty standard for her when she returns to performing after a break. But some of the immature idiots on UKmix had meltdowns after seeing two 15 second clips of her messing up a line of ABMB and of course Sam from That @%@* Juice picked up on it as a result. He's truly a nasty piece of work. We love everybody but he thinks the sun shines out of Fakoncé's ass and he'll take any opportunity to create a negative story about Mariah. Again, is he really the problem though? It's the ridiculous fans who have meltdowns over nothing that continue to do damage to Mariah. 

Yes Mariah has to take responsibility too but  more often that not she comes out sounding rough when she hasn't been performing for months. It's been 4 months since she did a live show. And as you guys said, when she does put on weight, her confidence and stage presence evaporates. I wish her so called fans would just give her a break some times. This was a private show where she was simply there to collect a cheque and probably use it as a rehearsal opportunity for her upcoming tour. But it's almost reaching the point where she simply can't even come on stage and miss one line now without the some fans having a meltdown that ends up with it potentially becoming a big viral news story. 
Yeah this ties back to what we were saying about these fans that make a big deal out of slip ups or even compilation videos of her mishaps - it's not so much that we can't talk about those things, but it's literally handing haters with bad agendas like That Shade Juice and Perez Hilton the material. By going so far out of your way to complain about it in a public space will be hurting Mariah. If folk weren't having these meltdowns these bloggers probably wouldn't even have known this gig was played. 

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#14148 [url]

Jun 19 17 10:43 AM

mcfan wrote:
I hate "O.O.C.," Mariah doesn't know how to perform uptempos.

And I hate these UKmix stans. They are a mess and a half indifferent.gif

Yeah the energy isn't there for an uptempo if she's just going to stand like she's posing for a still life painting.

Quote    Reply   

#14149 [url]

Jun 19 17 11:05 AM

I really hope she ditches "O.O.C." for the Lionel tour and gives us a real fan pleaser obscure track like "Melt Away".

I don’t want no cake on my birthday, errday errrday.

Quote    Reply   

#14150 [url]

Jun 19 17 11:08 AM

Kevon wrote:

Yeah this ties back to what we were saying about these fans that make a big deal out of slip ups or even compilation videos of her mishaps - it's not so much that we can't talk about those things, but it's literally handing haters with bad agendas like That Shade Juice and Perez Hilton the material. By going so far out of your way to complain about it in a public space will be hurting Mariah. If folk weren't having these meltdowns these bloggers probably wouldn't even have known this gig was played. 

Exactly. The fans barely knew there was a gig on. Literally two tiny instagram clips were posted, one with her cracking on ABMB and there was public outrage on Ukmix. Some of them calling for her to take a break, retire, disappear for a decade and sort her voice out, lose weight. They called her disgusting names because of her size. 

Yes, it's not about the fact we shouldn't talk about the current state of play with Mariah. The goal posts have changed since social media became the force it is and we've already seen the impact of social media on Mariah's reputation. I hate placing the blame entirely on the fans because it is Mariah's career and her sole responsibility should be to ensure that she's prepared as best she can be to prevent big viral stories blowing up relating to any mess ups she has on stage. But we as fans have a responsibility to her as well if we care about her at all. These idiots on UKmix and twitter sit behind a keyboard preaching about what a mess her reputation as a live singer is and how her career is in tatters yet a lot of it is their own fault for drawing attention to things that don't need to be made an issue of. Fat shaming Mariah isn't going to make her lose weight. Neither is shaming her into "fixing her voice."

These same idiots will be the ones praising her when she sounds good again whenever that will be. Probably making videos comparing notes from 1992 to 2017. They are the same idiots who will spend 3 days when her next single comes out proclaiming it as her 19th #1 until it plummets on iTunes and the same tired "she needs to retire, she's ruining her legacy, FIRE STELLA, book promo" complaints start rolling in. 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#14151 [url]

Jun 19 17 11:15 AM

^Funny you said that I lost my cool with ukmix and broke my silence just to say exactly that These fans are like goldfish and the second she starts sounding good again or wears a nice dress or loses a bit of weight, they'll be freaking out. She sounded amazing last year on several occasions, but the second she has an off period, "she's done". And don't get me started on the false concern for her health - yes yo yo dieting is very bad for you but you wouldn't be hearing them say that if she was on the "down" part of her diet.

Quote    Reply   

#14152 [url]

Jun 19 17 3:48 PM

To be honest Mariah sounded really flat but as other people have said it's not a big deal because we all know she can be in bad voice one day and pump out prime vocals the next! Also you can tell Mariah is more aware of not harming her voice if she strains and forces notes out that would do damage so in a way I give her prop's for that at least. What does worry me is it seems since the end of the Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour she hasn't sounded that great in the few performances she has givin and she has slowly put back on all the weight she lost in 2015. It's a shame because she was Album and U.S Tour ready all through 2015 and 2016 her voice and her body were both in great shape. Maybe she's going through something right now but out of love I'm gonna be honest and say girl needs to at least start working on her health, voice and body before the Tour kicks off. I would think Mariah knows after New Years it's even more important to be at her best with up-coming performances but being nervous about that probably doesn't help. She just needs to Live healthy and watch out for herself and come out relaxed knowing she is Mariah Carey and can wipe the floor vocally with any artist out there today because it's true. It's all about confidence and taking care of herself!

Quote    Reply   

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#14153 [url]

Jun 19 17 3:52 PM

mimifan09 wrote:
This was a private show where she was simply there to collect a cheque and probably use it as a rehearsal opportunity for her upcoming tour.

I agree with everything that was said about UK Mix. People there there were having mental breakdowns over those Instagram snippets and honestly, we have seen worse before.

However, I don't agree with the "simply there to collect a cheque" idea. I have read this before when she sounded awful on that wedding in January. Mariah charges more than 1 million dollars for a private performance. That is A LOT of money. Her voice has ups and downs, all right, but treating those private gigs as something completely unimportant when she is a professional singer that wants that much money doesn't seem right.

Quote    Reply   

#14154 [url]

Jun 19 17 4:11 PM

^ You're right. She should make more of an effort. In fairness to her, she has made more of an effort at other private events down the years. More times, she has been very blasè about them.

A lot of the time she does private gigs, she hasn't been touring for a while. She might be in the studio so isn't in the best shape. So the whole thing feels very lethargic. That shouldn't be an excuse either. But it is what it is.

At the end of the day, she has become a much better live performer since she started touring regularly in 2014 and generally speaking, the fans that saw her between 2014 and 2016 were pleased. On some occasions, she was sounding the best she has done since the CB tour. I personally think that's what's most important.

Quote    Reply   

#14155 [url]

Jun 19 17 5:15 PM

I think we would see Mariah at her best again if she starts working with vocal coach regularly! Yes she is one of the greatest singers in the world but she needs someone that knows how to protect her voice and keep her natural range and power intact. Also I really would love for her to work with Patrisha again in terms of Diet and work out, she never looked better and seemed to have alot of energy.

Quote    Reply   

#14156 [url]

Jun 19 17 5:47 PM

I also don't think she sounded that bad... But then my train of thought changes its course and I find myself thinking that any semi-decent karaoke singer would be able to sing just as well, and I simply get crestfallen image I mean, it's Mariah Carey we're talking about, she is synonymous with vocal excellence! Now she relies on pre-recorded vocals way to much. If it was Britney or whatever, that would be understandable - she pretty much has no singing reputation to uphold, and that's why her concerts are (I imagine) mostly focused on dancing and visual spectacles. Mariah's thing has always been something different. image I don't expect that at that age and after all this touring and promoting year after year (plus nodules) she should always be at the top of her game, but like I said, it's just a depressing thought to entertain that some intermediately skilled randos in a bar could outsing her now, judging from what we've seen recently. Sure, she's also behind all her songs when it comes to melodies, lyrics and even production, but as far as actual live delivery is concerned, you know, she's kind of sub-par at the moment. Adapting her songs, even if it means changing them dramatically, has really become a necessity, which is not a bad thing, because her repeirtoire has always been the singing Mount Everest. But her struggling to sing, and being picked on for it, truly does no good to anyone.

I definitely don't think she should retire, wtf, (unless, of course, that's what she wants). MIAM is a great album, and she's had great performances in the past years, but 2017 so far is looking kind of bleak. Hopefully she fulfils everyone's expectations with the forthcoming tour and concerts; she doesn't have to be stellar, but good enough to at least not get articles written about her poor voice or whatever. 

At the end of the day, as a recent fan I've still got a lot to explore and marvel at, becuase she's definitely proven herself the best voice of pop music.

__    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __    __

Charmbracelet is my favorite MC album. DEAL WIT IT

Quote    Reply   

#14158 [url]

Jun 19 17 6:22 PM

In regards to OOC I wonder if since this was a private event if she wasn't paid to perform that song there. Maybe it's a favorite of whoever ponied up the dough LOL

I guess we'll see when the Lionel Ritchie tour setlist is revealed.

Quote    Reply   

#14159 [url]

Jun 19 17 8:15 PM

Girl needs to come slay us with the voice and the body the way she did with the Charmbracelet and Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour! The thing that's bothering me is I really thought Mariah was laying low to get her voice and body in shape for this Tour and the recording of the New Album and seeing and hearing her the past few months makes me wonder what she is thinking. She's only got 3 weeks to put together an amazing show so I hope her 60 minutes is even better then the Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour in tearms of vocals and entertainment.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#14160 [url]

Jun 20 17 4:07 AM

I posted a low key drag about the body shaming going on in UK Mix and pointed out how fans are goldfish who freak out and completely forget several great performances after one bad one (and forget the bad stuff as soon as she does a good performance)

"I agree the body shaming on this thread is repulsive"
"Exactly thank you!!!!! Karma will hit you guys"
"This post should be pinned and placed at the top of every page of this thread in bold capitals."
"You need to post more often."
"i love you for this man. post more please"

Making my UK-Mix entrance like

giphy.gif

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help