Remove this ad

MissyJG

#11581 [url]

May 15 15 10:43 AM

Thanks for the pics. Aah, Mariah was on top
of the world. I still wanna hear that Yours duet with JT! I see she met John Mayer. He said nice things about her I think so it must've been a pleasant meeting.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MissyJG

#11583 [url]

May 15 15 11:01 AM

Kevon wrote:
^What did John say about Mariah?

Not sure when this was but maybe around the time when he also covered All I Want For Christmas in 2008 or something.

"There's something about Mariah Carey. She's super hot and people don't realize how much influence she's had." —John Mayer, Blender.

Last Edited By: MissyJG May 15 15 11:03 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#11584 [url]

May 15 15 11:02 AM

^Good! Thanks! Nice to hear others acknowledge the impact

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#11585 [url]

May 15 15 11:28 AM

I think it was actually in 2003?

Here is the question included. That last part of his answer though. Typical John I guess. Lol.

Blender: You’ve just come offstage after a sold-out show, and you’re feeling manly and virile. Which rock goddess would you most like to find backstage wearing nothing but a smile?

John Mayer: There’s something about Mariah Carey–she’s superhot and people don’t realize how much influence she’s had. But I don’t watch TV and think “I want to be with them.” I’d rather beat off in the shower to my schoolteacher from the second grade or whatever. It’s just so much more possible.

Last Edited By: MissyJG May 15 15 11:33 AM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

Kevon

Administrator

#11586 [url]

May 15 15 11:39 AM

LMFAO I love how he's saying that getting with his teacher is more likely than a celebrity and then he wound up getting with Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Simpsons and Taylor Swift

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#11589 [url]

May 15 15 4:26 PM

Kevon wrote:
I know the song is oft shaded on here, but actually listening to TGIFY, if you look past the basique production, the melody is actually really beautiful. It does sound similar to Xscape's 'One Of Those Love Songs' at parts.

I love the melody at 'my every wish and every dream some how became reality' when she goes low.
Oh yeah, a lot of people love the melody. The production has never really bothered me; for some reason I always put it in the lane of "On Bended Knee," which I also love, but I've never listened to them back-to-back to see if there is an actual reason for me to think that smiley: laugh Anyway, I also prefer the vocal arrangement on "TGIFY" to the one on "OSD." I don't think "TGIFY" is among her best hits or anything, but it's a nice song and, to me, is underrated in that regard.

Speaking of melodic parts where she goes low, I can never get "And we'll linger oooon" out of my head when I hear it smiley: tongue

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#11590 [url]

May 15 15 4:39 PM

"Thank God I Found You" was Mariah's first ballad with a beat. "WBT" is the real clone

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

MissyJG

#11591 [url]

May 15 15 4:47 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
MissyJG wrote:
Wait, didn't he also date Katy Perry? So Taylor and Katy dated the same guy...

Where have you been? smiley: laugh

Is that the reason for their fued or was it because Katy stole Taylor dancers? Sorry off topic.. Edit: why am I even asking? It's not like a really care.

Last Edited By: MissyJG May 15 15 4:58 PM. Edited 2 times.

Quote    Reply   

vinjer

#11594 [url]

May 15 15 6:23 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
vinjer wrote:
http://www.vogue.com/13261234/we-belong-together-mariah-carey-jermaine-dupri

I need you baby and everybody knows, you without me is like Snoop without hos LMAO:)))

Why not start a new thread for this article, or for the "WBT" anniversary in general and people can post all kinds of stuff?

I thought about it, it is a great and very informative read.If mods are willing to pls  move it in a new thread.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#11596 [url]

May 15 15 6:29 PM

vinjer wrote:
MisplacedValidity wrote:
vinjer wrote:
http://www.vogue.com/13261234/we-belong-together-mariah-carey-jermaine-dupri

I need you baby and everybody knows, you without me is like Snoop without hos LMAO:)))

Why not start a new thread for this article, or for the "WBT" anniversary in general and people can post all kinds of stuff?

I thought about it, it is a great and very informative read.If mods are willing to pls  move it in a new thread.
Done.

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#11600 [url]

May 17 15 8:51 AM

I love that little guitar melody from 3:07-3:09 in IDWC.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help