Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#11321 [url]

Apr 16 15 10:45 AM

The Empress of the Hot 100 reigns supreme.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11322 [url]

Apr 16 15 12:19 PM

Uptown Funk's airplay is falling apart

Mediabase
1. MARK RONSON - Uptown Funk f/Bruno Mars: 202.182 (-3.799)

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#11323 [url]

Apr 16 15 1:35 PM

Colson wrote:
UF most likely will not return to #1. SYA is still selling well and airplay is building steadily, so are the streams. It could be a multi-month #1 single.
awesome!!  yeah, i think SYA will be the next song to be a 10+ wk #1.  at least we have a little break

Quote    Reply   

#11324 [url]

Apr 16 15 2:05 PM

NhWxMaN wrote:
Colson wrote:
UF most likely will not return to #1. SYA is still selling well and airplay is building steadily, so are the streams. It could be a multi-month #1 single.
awesome!!  yeah, i think SYA will be the next song to be a 10+ wk #1.  at least we have a little break smile.gif

No way that song stays at #1 that long.  I really like the song actually, but I give it 4 weeks MAX.   It's all hyped around the movie and Paul Walker. 

Quote    Reply   

robjv1

Posts: 10,760 True in love and wisdom, well off and witty, using god's sleeve to wipe the hell off the city.

#11325 [url]

Apr 16 15 4:43 PM

Re: The Random Mariah Thoughts Thread

CoryCoolDangerous wrote:
NhWxMaN wrote:
Colson wrote:
awesome!!  yeah, i think SYA will be the next song to be a 10+ wk #1.  at least we have a little break smile.gif

No way that song stays at #1 that long.  I really like the song actually, but I give it 4 weeks MAX.   It's all hyped around the movie and Paul Walker. 

Those movies totally suck too, I don't get it.

Quote    Reply   

MissyJG

#11326 [url]

Apr 16 15 4:52 PM

Lol. I feel like the lambily was in some kind of battle and we made it. For now.. Pfew! Funny how all this did make people a little more aware of OSD. And I see people checkin out the song on YT. Too it isn't more remebered like her other songs though. How strange is that for a song that was 16 weeks on #1? Was the song released internationally?

Quote    Reply   

vinjer

#11327 [url]

Apr 16 15 7:58 PM

With all the talk how she's reading Cannon on Infinity, I was just wondering-if Thanks For Nothing was inspired by someone in her personal life who it was.Lyrically, that song could fit absolutely perfectly on MIAM.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#11330 [url]

Apr 16 15 8:33 PM

MissyJG wrote:
Lol. I feel like the lambily was in some kind of battle and we made it. For now.. Pfew! Funny how all this did make people a little more aware of OSD. And I see people checkin out the song on YT. Too it isn't more remebered like her other songs though. How strange is that for a song that was 16 weeks on #1? Was the song released internationally?

On iTunes it's her 3rd best-selling 90s single (it goes 1. AIWFCIY 2, Fantasy 3. OSD). I don't think it's forgotten by the public at all, I think it's not a fan fave and thus fans confuse that with overall perception.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

rooney1905

#11331 [url]

Apr 16 15 8:38 PM

It has more to do with her not performing it. She never sings this song unless on tour and even then it's not every tour. Compare that to MIH and I think it's just a matter of her performing the song or not. For awhile she didn't sing ABMB but now she has brought it back and it slays. I think the same thing has happened with Emotions (the one time I'll give Nick credit).

Quote    Reply   

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#11332 [url]

Apr 16 15 9:00 PM

CoryCoolDangerous wrote:
NhWxMaN wrote:
Colson wrote:

I don't think it's just about the PW/Furious hype. That helped initially, of course, but this song is staying popular. People are also feeling the song. The movie has been out for a few weeks now, yet the song is still increasing overall.

Quote    Reply   

#11333 [url]

Apr 16 15 9:07 PM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
CoryCoolDangerous wrote:
NhWxMaN wrote:

I don't think it's just about the PW/Furious hype. That helped initially, of course, but this song is staying popular. People are also feeling the song. The movie has been out for a few weeks now, yet the song is still increasing overall.

I guess we'll see!

Quote    Reply   

vinjer

#11334 [url]

Apr 17 15 6:23 AM

rooney1905 wrote:
It has more to do with her not performing it. She never sings this song unless on tour and even then it's not every tour. Compare that to MIH and I think it's just a matter of her performing the song or not. For awhile she didn't sing ABMB but now she has brought it back and it slays. I think the same thing has happened with Emotions (the one time I'll give Nick credit).

If he indeed was responsible in any way for her ditching VOL, though.....grrrrsmiley: devilsmiley: devilsmiley: devil

Quote    Reply   

matty tat tat

Let me speak quietly
So your heart can hear
I will hypnotise and mesmerise u
With the sound of your own fear

#11335 [url]

Apr 17 15 11:49 AM

The Random Mariah Thoughts Thread

MissyJG wrote:

Yes. It even went to number 1 in Australia, unofficially.

Quote    Reply   

#11336 [url]

Apr 17 15 2:21 PM

CoryCoolDangerous wrote:
It's crazy how many songs get 14 weeks on top and then just drop. NOTHING can get that 15th week... it's almost like a 14 week curse at this point. All those dead people that have had OSD dedicated to them are haunting the Hot 100.

smiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: rollsmiley: roll

Quote    Reply   

#11337 [url]

Apr 17 15 2:46 PM

I absolutely LOVE One Sweet Day. IMO, pop perfection. A true classic. Mariah's voice is absolute magic on that track, Boys II Men sound amazing, and I actually think the production sounds pretty fresh even today.

Quote    Reply   

#11338 [url]

Apr 17 15 2:47 PM

I absolutely LOVE One Sweet Day. IMO, pop perfection. A true classic. Mariah's voice is absolute magic on that track, Boys II Men sound amazing, and I actually think the production sounds pretty fresh even today.

God-given voices like Mariah's were made to sing songs like this that touch people's hearts.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#11340 [url]

Apr 17 15 3:20 PM

nancybfly wrote:
CoryCoolDangerous wrote:It's crazy how many songs get 14 weeks on top and then just drop. NOTHING can get that 15th week... it's almost like a 14 week curse at this point. All those dead people that have had OSD dedicated to them are haunting the Hot 100.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

I AM SCREAMING! lmfao

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help