Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Sep 4 09 10:20 AM

alissaveronicaho wrote:
I am refusing to listen to the dream's "demos" because i want to keep my virginity. I only have to wait 3 weeks to have it in my hands.

I havent listened to a single one either....i havent even heard the real HATE U clip...im rather proud of myself...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Sep 4 09 10:23 AM

I've listened to the demos, though only the HATE U demo stands out for me.

I hope Mariah changes the song up a bit....because while the chorus is killer....the opening of the Dream's is very boring and weak....and that baby sound needs to go.....unfortunately, the listening party suggests it won't be the case. sigh....why is there always a +@+%% which ruins a good song.

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Sep 4 09 1:06 PM

it's not really a "baby" sound.... I hate when people on FOMM attach themselves to a baseless theory and then it becomes urban legend and taken as true.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Sep 4 09 1:22 PM

RnB Junkie wrote:
My little theory...

Mariah Carey's debut album = Mariah Carey - huge success, multiple number ones, commercial, Grammy winner
Sophomore album = Emotions - disappointment compared to the debut but still successful, one (record breaking) number one, less commercial, more soulful
Junior album = Music Box - more commercial/pop than debut, huge success, first cover song on a studio album, first single sounds nothing like the rest of the album, number ones

"Mimi's" debut album = The Emancipation of Mimi - huge success, multiple number ones, commercial, Grammy winner
Mimi's sophomore = E=MC2 - disappointment compared to TEOM but still successful, one (record breaking) number one, less commercial, more urban
Mimi's junior album = Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel - more commercial/pop than debut, first cover song, first single sounds nothing like the rest of the album? huge success?! number ones?!
So what's next ? Merry Christmas 2 image

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Sep 4 09 1:24 PM

^ i don't think Memoirs will have a more commercial/pop sound tho....

I always used to think

CB was her Music Box
TEOM was her Daydream
and E was supposed to be Butterfly --- but that didn't work outimage

Quote    Reply   

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#28 [url]

Sep 4 09 2:46 PM

CLo wrote:
it's not really a "baby" sound.... I hate when people on FOMM attach themselves to a baseless theory and then it becomes urban legend and taken as true.

it sounds like a chipmunk saying 'eh!' to me

Quote    Reply   

Bigsteel 00

#29 [url]

Sep 4 09 3:11 PM

"I wonder what Mariah's doin' right now?" ...I use to ask myself that question everyday, until she Married Nick, because the 1st thing that would pop in my mind is" she's probably f**kin' her husband.

[IMG]http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1416/7880991/21324344/350256510.jpg[/IMG]

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

Sep 4 09 4:20 PM

^LMAO thats awesome.... its a great part of the song too! LOL.... imagine if she sang that note over and over... no wonder her voice is damaged.... what a high note.... damn.

can this thread get stickied--- it should NEVER go away. so much fun already.

Quote    Reply   

Fruitbits

#32 [url]

Sep 4 09 6:39 PM

esettle0 wrote:
CLo wrote:

it sounds like a chipmunk saying 'eh!' to me
That's what I thought too. I don't think that fits the song at all though. I wish they had used something else to mark the beat.

Quote    Reply   

Fruitbits

#34 [url]

Sep 4 09 6:47 PM

Here's a random thought: will there be a Mariah Carey video game? Her songs may not work well for Guitar Hero, but I think some sort of karaoke game might be fun.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

Sep 4 09 6:54 PM

Fruitbits wrote:
Here's a random thought: will there be a Mariah Carey video game? Her songs may not work well for Guitar Hero, but I think some sort of karaoke game might be fun.
There's a game called Def Jam Fight For New York where you can play as and beat up a bunch of rappers including Snoop Dogg, Ludacris, Flava Flav, Fat Joe, Freeway, Lil' Kim, Ice-T and Method Man, among others.

They should make one with just divas. Snoop's the end level boss in Fight For New York, so Whitney Houston could be a cracked out drug lord as the final boss in the divas one. image

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

Sep 4 09 7:28 PM

IrresistibleClown wrote:
Random thought:

STILL upset that SIO didn't go to No. 1 and Migrate wasn't released as the 1st single.

Random quote:

There is a light at the end of the tunnel... hopefully its not a freight train!
I have always LOVED that quote. And I have no idea when/where she actually said it. Do you know!?

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#39 [url]

Sep 5 09 12:04 AM

I was in Barnes & Noble tonight and I saw that Sting has a book called "Lyrics by Sting." I was like :O - Mariah should do that... Lyrics by Mariah Carey. How awesome would it be to have a book with her best, most artistic lyrics?!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#40 [url]

Sep 5 09 12:06 AM

IrresistibleClown wrote:
RnB Junkie wrote:
My little theory...

Mariah Carey's debut album = Mariah Carey - huge success, multiple number ones, commercial, Grammy winner
Sophomore album = Emotions - disappointment compared to the debut but still successful, one (record breaking) number one, less commercial, more soulful
Junior album = Music Box - more commercial/pop than debut, huge success, first cover song on a studio album, first single sounds nothing like the rest of the album, number ones

"Mimi's" debut album = The Emancipation of Mimi - huge success, multiple number ones, commercial, Grammy winner
Mimi's sophomore = E=MC2 - disappointment compared to TEOM but still successful, one (record breaking) number one, less commercial, more urban
Mimi's junior album = Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel - more commercial/pop than debut, first cover song, first single sounds nothing like the rest of the album? huge success?! number ones?!
So what's next ? Merry Christmas 2 image

OMFG!!! Yes! Imagine?! She can call it A Very Merry Christmas. And OMG @ Oprah suddenly just appearing at the top of the board. I wasn't really looking and I thought Mariah dyed her hair dark brown and got mad tan.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help