Remove this ad

Colson

#3881 [url]

Feb 11 12 2:41 AM

^You say that....but maybe Ray J is putting it down in bed. And from the looks of that Kim Kardashian video, he has the 'goods'.

Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#3887 [url]

Feb 11 12 9:11 AM

I don't actually know why she does it to herself. Really, I don't. Hoarse, croaky and deep.......there is just no way anyone can justify it. Her voice isn't even in decline like Mariahs. Whitneys voice is just gone FULL STOP. The more she sings the more heartbreaking it is.

cornyperson

away for awhile...

#3888 [url]

Feb 11 12 4:34 PM

jasp17 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/wa...r_embedded&v=z_yiCIow6fI

Terrible.

*Couldn't entertain a dead rat* still love that comment LMAO
lol

@islezeus naw she aint smoking listen to her voice now and go back 2 2010 and listen her tone just got deeper she got a really strong voice

@ForeverComplaining you know what i really think it is she is going thru memo pause listen to how her whole entire voice change go back to 2002 to 2012

Last Edited By: cornyperson Feb 11 12 4:37 PM. Edited 1 time.

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#3889 [url]

Feb 11 12 7:18 PM

Yessss!

Whitney Houston Approached for Seat on 'X Factor' Judges Panel (Exclusive)

UPDATED: Sources tell THR that the pop superstar has been approached for one of the spots vacated by departed judges Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger.

Whitney Houston could be staging another career comeback with a coveted seat next to Simon Cowell on The X Factor’s judges panel, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

The pop diva, who performed on the U.K. version of The X Factor in October 2009, is said to have been approached to join the Fox talent series, according to a source close to the show.

Mariah Carey has remained under consideration since the initial casting of the show, though Cowell has gone on record with assumptions that the singer is too busy with her family life to participate. Rumors of a $100 million Beyonce offer, however, are just that -- rumors. Cowell was quick to shoot down the report in a recent interview.

Source

hottiecasanova

"You think that's sexy? With the Rocket Pop's outside you?"

#3890 [url]

Feb 11 12 7:20 PM

^Having either Whitney or Mariah on the judging panel would be the only way to get me to watch that mess of a show again..

Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#3891 [url]

Feb 11 12 7:21 PM

Oh wow. If Whitney did it, it would be incredible TV. And its just the true star quality the show needs.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#3893 [url]

Feb 21 12 2:28 PM

In looking at Whitney's stats, her first 2 albums and TB were obviously huge. It's so weird how IYBT fell way off. It didn't hit #1, and it hasn't even sold 2 million copies via Soundscan. Considering it had two #1 hits, you would think it would have sold better. Weird.

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#3894 [url]

Feb 21 12 6:42 PM

^ Considering "Whitney Houston" and "Whitney" aren't even a million away in sales via Soundscan, "IYBT" really underperformed. Soundscan started counting like 6 months after "IYBT" came out. It's interesting how the more pop-friendly "Mariah Carey" and "Whitney" performed similarly compared to the more R&B-leaning "Emotions" and "IYBT".

It's also interesting how when they became pop/Adult friendly, they were the biggest they had ever been and then when they became more R&B again back down their sales went. Celine Dion can really thank Whitney and Mariah for transitioning into R&B music in the mid 90's, because she didn't become huge until then.

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#3895 [url]

Feb 21 12 8:21 PM

^ Yeah Celine filled that AC hole. The sales of Adele, Jewel, and Norah Jones also show how important the AC market is in terms of getting huge sales. Even Shania and, I think, Alanis had AC hits. You can't tell that much without them (Britney Spears is the exception, but she capitalized on a huge sales market).

mariahfan150

#3896 [url]

Feb 21 12 9:28 PM

^ Right. AC was pretty much on its way out when Britney Spears came up, she was the female face of another type of music that was "in" (i.e. teen pop) at the moment.

What makes this even more obvious about Celine is how low the sales of "A New Day Has Come" were for Celine after the huge "LTAL", "ATW...ADOS" and a 'break' from the music industry and how she's never recovered. 

Last Edited By: mariahfan150 Feb 21 12 9:32 PM. Edited 1 time.

mariahfan150

#3897 [url]

Feb 22 12 2:09 AM

Did we know that Janet Jackson was originally offered "How Will I Know" but turned it down? I could not imagine anyone her singing that. smiley: grin

#3899 [url]

Feb 22 12 3:06 AM

I've been listening to the song I Look To You a lot lately, it has a whole new meaning for me now. I love it.

[USERNAME REMOVED BY REQUEST] wrote:
Mariah Carey On Rihanna: "I love Rihanna, I am a fan. I love that she is who she is, she's a superstar and she just lives as herself."

mariahfan150

#3900 [url]

Feb 22 12 3:50 AM

Mariahcareyfan123456 wrote:
I can't imagine Janet whispering out How Will I Know. Lol
Me neither. It was Whitney's voice and the cute video that really made that song, imo.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help