Remove this ad

#1681 [url]

Oct 2 15 7:00 PM

OMG, this album is killing me. I'll need a few more listens before I can pick favorites, but as of right now "The Great Forever" is sending shivers down my spine. I smiled, teared up, and fell completely in love with it on first listen. THIS is the Janet I love.

Night, Damn Baby, and Shoulda Known Better are all blowing me away. I can't wait to listen to album all the way through again.

Janet and Mariah delivering some of their best ever material this late in their careers = Music QUEENS.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1682 [url]

Oct 2 15 7:14 PM

jamiclever wrote:
OMG, this album is killing me. I'll need a few more listens before I can pick favorites, but as of right now "The Great Forever" is sending shivers down my spine. I smiled, teared up, and fell completely in love with it on first listen. THIS is the Janet I love.

It is a nice track, lots of charm. I think that's what struck me even on a first listen. The songs have that bit of character to them again. They don't feel as faceless and hollow as the material on the last few albums. Even if Janet had zero input on this album creatively, she's really bringing that charm and magic again through her contribution.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#1683 [url]

Oct 2 15 7:24 PM

carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:OMG, this album is killing me. I'll need a few more listens before I can pick favorites, but as of right now "The Great Forever" is sending shivers down my spine. I smiled, teared up, and fell completely in love with it on first listen. THIS is the Janet I love.

It is a nice track, lots of charm. I think that's what struck me even on a first listen. The songs have that bit of character to them again. They don't feel as faceless and hollow as the material on the last few albums. Even if Janet had zero input on this album creatively, she's really bringing that charm and magic again through her contribution.

Where do you get that...? I think it's quite clear she was 100% in this album.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1684 [url]

Oct 2 15 7:36 PM

Vincent wrote:
carlos b fly wrote:
jamiclever wrote:OMG, this album is killing me. I'll need a few more listens before I can pick favorites, but as of right now "The Great Forever" is sending shivers down my spine. I smiled, teared up, and fell completely in love with it on first listen. THIS is the Janet I love.

Where do you get that...? I think it's quite clear she was 100% in this album.

I'm not. I'm saying even if she wasn't involved in anything more than coming in and singing what was put in front of her, she's bringing a real presence and charm again just with her voice on these songs. The Janet hallmarks we love in her songs - sophistication, sexiness, complexity, fun - she is bringing all of those again with her music.

Quote    Reply   

houseofMusiC

#1685 [url]

Oct 2 15 9:08 PM

Go KWEEN!

Album: Unbreakable
#1 United States
#1 Greece
#2 Malaysia
#2 Singapore
#3 Antigua and Barbuda
#3 Japan
#4 Cambodia
#4 Taiwan
#5 Hong Kong
#5 Norway
#5 Slovakia
#5 Sweden
#6 Australia
#6 Belgium
#6 Canada
#6 Israel
#6 Philippines
#6 Thailand
#7 France
#7 South Africa
#9 Netherlands
#10 United Kingdom
#10 Denmark
#11 Spain
#13 Germany
#14 Mexico
#14 Trinidad and Tobago
#15 Ireland
#16 Namibia
#16 Turkey
#18 Italy
#19 Indonesia
#19 Luxembourg
#19 New Zealand
#20 Nigeria
#22 Finland
#23 Mozambique
#30 Belarus
#34 Swaziland
#35 Switzerland
#37 Russia
#72 Austria
#77 Brazil
#116 Bulgaria
#118 Kenya
#168 Hungary

Quote    Reply   

Nike

Posts: 12,159 We're all just living in the moment of being positive and there's like, people called haters ... [No, no, Cindy] ... and we give them positivity

#1687 [url]

Oct 3 15 11:55 AM

anyone has the Walmat bonus track?

Quote    Reply   

#1688 [url]

Oct 3 15 2:36 PM

NEW RELEASES: JANET HEADED FOR #1
Barring any “sneak attack” superstar releases, BMG’s returning icon Janet Jackson should easily claim the #1 spot on both the HITS sales and SPS charts next Friday with her new set, Unbreakable. Here’s what we have for Janet and the week’s other key debut, Tamar Braxton’s Calling All Lovers.

Janet Jackson (BMG) 90-105k albums, 93-108k SPS
Tamar Braxton (Epic) 38-43k, 42-47k

Unbreakable reunites Jackson with producers Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, with whom she created her most enduring albums, and features guest spots from J. Cole and Missy Elliott. These are, of course, very preliminary numbers. Look for updates on these and other new releases on Monday.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=297942

imageimage

Last Edited By: Kanye Oct 3 15 2:40 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

NhWxMaN

#1689 [url]

Oct 3 15 2:54 PM

So I got the album at Target last night.  It is definitely a return to form for her and definitely her best since the early 00s.  This album has many good songs.  My favorite tracks are Damn Baby, The Great Forever. After You Fall, No Sleep, Take Me Away, and Lessons Learned.  The only song that I do not really care for is Black Eagle.  This album really shows how horrible 20 YO and Discipline were.  She was so detached then!  

Last Edited By: NhWxMaN Oct 3 15 2:56 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

mcfan

#Beautiful

#1690 [url]

Oct 3 15 3:15 PM

That's a solid opening for Janet. Happy for her

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#1691 [url]

Oct 3 15 3:18 PM

Those numbers are much better than I expected. I thought we would be looking at 50k max. What was MIAM's openings week like? Either way, a #1 after many years is great PR. Go Miss Jackson!

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1693 [url]

Oct 3 15 3:56 PM

Kanye wrote:
NEW RELEASES: JANET HEADED FOR #1
Barring any “sneak attack” superstar releases, BMG’s returning icon Janet Jackson should easily claim the #1 spot on both the HITS sales and SPS charts next Friday with her new set, Unbreakable. Here’s what we have for Janet and the week’s other key debut, Tamar Braxton’s Calling All Lovers.

Janet Jackson (BMG) 90-105k albums, 93-108k SPS
Tamar Braxton (Epic) 38-43k, 42-47k

While I didn't expect massive numbers (I felt 70k was her ceiling tbh), 100k is very impressive for where she is at careerwise. I don't think she'll quite pull off 100k, the insane interest in her return will drop off once the hardcore has rushed out midweek but this is still a really good result. Idiots will say she "only did 100k, what a flop!" of course smiley: eyes  

Quote    Reply   

carlos b fly

Administrator

#1694 [url]

Oct 3 15 3:57 PM

Kanye wrote:
^ MIAM did something like 58k.

And that album had a prior Top 15 Billboard hit on it too. Shows you how badly that campaign fell apart.  

Quote    Reply   

#1695 [url]

Oct 3 15 4:02 PM

I have to say, I am enjoying the album, it is certainly her strongest effort since at least All For You and probably The Velvet Rope. The production is really great too, I really thought Jam and Lewis were done and so dated. I do wish she'd gone a bit harder on the Rythmn Nation 2015 front though. I would have enjoyed a more socially conscious record from her.

Quote    Reply   

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#1698 [url]

Oct 3 15 7:50 PM

carlos b fly wrote:

This album is Janet as back on form as I'd realistically expect and the kind of offering a superstar of her calibre should be offering. After a long slew of mediocre albums driven by muddy, unflattering R&B beats and endless tracks about wanting to riding someones !$%#, she back with something to say, fresher production, creatively energised and a return to her better days. The most successful and superior cuts from Janets catalogue have been the pop/R&B material and this album feels much more in tune with that.

Stand outs to me -

BurnItUp!

Dammn Baby

The Great Forever

Shoulda Known Better

No Sleeep

2 B Loved

Take Me Away

Well Travelled

The difference in production on this album is amazing. Its so much richer, diverse and epic, like classic Janet, sweeping stuff that opens up her (very thin) voice rather than reduce her to a mumbling afterthought on her own song. Like MIAM was for Mariah, I think Unbreakable is going to restore faith in a lot of Janets fans after so many disappointing efforts. Its a very nice step back towards that positive, sexy (but not excessively so) and wise artist may fell in love with.

This is easily her best work since The Velvet Rope. It'll never top the flawless run of Control to TVR of course but I'm pleased. Its a maturer album, filled with uptempos that have bite, sexy jams and a sense Janet is back on track at last. I'm pleased smiley: happy  

Very well put Carlos. I'm towards the end of my first listen and I'm blown away by the quality. Extremely solid with great and diverse production work. Definitely her most interesting and intimate work since TVR. Have to listen some more but so far very pleased!

Quote    Reply   

Gospelartist03

#1699 [url]

Oct 3 15 9:00 PM

Ha y'all were like 50k Max ok not my 200K but this is amazing  not even a single tv appearance this week:  KWEEN

I think she'll inch up a bit before the week is over, word of mouth is crazy good out there.

Quote    Reply   

houseofMusiC

#1700 [url]

Oct 4 15 2:31 AM

Gospelartist03 wrote:
Ha y'all were like 50k Max laugh.gif ok not my 200K but this is amazing  not even a single tv appearance this week:  KWEEN
 I think she'll inch up a bit before the week is over, word of mouth is crazy good out there.

It's impressive. No gimmicks or controversies. It just shows that the fanbase missed her so much and are craving for her music. I hope the album does well in the long run.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help