Remove this ad

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

Lead

Aug 3 09 10:01 PM

Tags : :

Check out her new official site, www.JanetJackson.com and follow her on Twitter @JanetJackson

From her official bio:

Later this year, Janet will publish her first book, providing an intimate look at her life and how she has dealt with issues of self-esteem. Janet will reveal aspects not known before about her uniquely successful career not only in music but in television and motion pictures.

The next months and new year will also bring another film starring Janet as she joins Tyler Perry in his sequel, Why Did I Get Married Too, followed by a new album slated to released during the first quarter of 2010.

Summarizing her career and her incredibly raw albums, Janet has said, “Here I am. I’m coming on. Musically, I have it. You want it. And I’m giving it to you.” Continuing her growth as an artist and as a person Janet intriguingly states, “I’m proud to have stayed in the game and survived. And I’m proud that I’ve remained true to myself. But if you go back and listen to the music, you’ll hear how that self is always changing.”

---------------------------------------------------------

Janet Jackson dropped her first single 'Make Me,' off her upcoming album, '#1's' -- a two CD set comprised of 30 global number-one hits. The album is set to release on Nov. 17, but you can listen to the disco-sounding single (which references lyrics from Michael Jackson's 1979 hit 'Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough') on AOL Radio's New Pop First station.

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/09/14/janet-jackson-make-me-new-music/

---------------------------------------------------------

Grammy-winning super-producer Rodney Jerkins spoke about Janet's album on sunday night at the MTV VMA's. He told MTV that he and Janet have been collaborating a lot lately. The first record from their sessions, "Make Me," dropped just a few hours later.

"It's about dancing," Jerkins said. "It's all about her. It's about [saying], 'Listen, if you really want to get with me, you gotta make me feel a certain way.' "

Jerkins, who produced several tracks on Janet's 2008 album, Discipline, said he and Ms. Jackson have a lot more songs to come.

"I'm working heavily with Janet," Jerkins said, adding that her new album will have a throwback feel. "We've been in the studio for the last month. We've been getting it in. We're going back to basics and fundamental sounds of Janet. We're trying to target her fans [by making] the records that her fans will embrace. A lot of uptempo stuff makes you feel good. There's so many different colors of Janet. I'm a fan, I've always been a fan of Janet. The Rhythm Nation, the Control, the Janet. record ... those make you feel a certain way. It's been fun. I'm excited about it."

Jerkins was also excited about Jackson's performance in the tribute to her brother on Sunday. "I came to support Janet," he said. "I love what MTV does, but I'm here for Janet. It's a special moment, because I worked for years with Michael and became real close friends with him. For her to do a tribute for him, it's gonna be an amazing thing. It's one thing to get up and perform and get accolades for yourself, but this is not what this is about. It's about brotherly love."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Last Edited By: Vincent May 2 17 10:02 AM. Edited 27 times

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Vincent

#4 [url]

Aug 3 09 10:58 PM

She just Tweeted!!! I'm flipping a sh!t!!!! Not much, but: "Hey you guys, Welcome, explore, Thank you for all the love http://www.janetjackson.com"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#6 [url]

Aug 3 09 11:16 PM

rainbow1199 wrote:
On what label?

*shrugs* Her website makes no mention of a label. Aside from JDJ Entertainment. Perhaps she's going indie?!

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 4 09 1:16 AM

Summarizing her career and her incredibly raw albums, Janet has said, "Here I am. I'm coming on. Musically, I have it. You want it. And I'm giving it to you." Continuing her growth as an artist and as a person Janet intriguingly states, "I'm proud to have stayed in the game and survived. And I'm proud that I've remained true to myself. But if you go back and listen to the music, you'll hear how that self is always changing."
I can't wait! I've been listening to The Velvet Rope nonstop. EEK! I'm excited!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

carlos b fly

Administrator

#12 [url]

Aug 4 09 4:48 AM

Colson wrote:
Indie=another flop. It better not be an Indie label.

Indeed. I've been saying this for Janet and Brandy, the indie deals go nowhere. I am curious though, wonder who she's with?

Quote    Reply   

Vincent

#16 [url]

Aug 4 09 11:17 AM

I think Janet may start her own label and just find a big distributor like Jay-Z did. She can afford to hire outside marketing, publicity companies, etc.

Vincent, dahhhhling.

Quote    Reply   

dru27

#20 [url]

Aug 4 09 12:35 PM

a big YAY to the Damita Jo love!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help