Remove this ad

Pandem0nium

#221 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

watchulukinat wrote:
i dont know talking about international success.

i think this is the reason why she is losing territories like Japan. How do you expect common non-English speaking people to love these kind of songs.

i admire her for really stepping up when it comes to creativity in lyrics...but mariah has to consider that most common non-english speaking people (people, not fans, okay?) wont see the magic in those lyrics like "wow, real great lyrics!"...and then they will love it. No, the melody needs to be on the same level too, that is what makes common music listeners turn their heads on you. In Obsessed, there is really no catchy phrase or something. very monotonous start to end, there is not even a climax. At least TMB had the catchy line "...touch my body!... where most people can easily sing to. Continue on like this, might as well just release an album for US only.

i hope this is just a warm up single and immediately follow up, this time, a sure fire smash hit. I really really hope so.

P.S. dont attack me because of my username. i am one of those who are also rooting for her on this that's why i am saying this.

I agree to an extent that her direction in music may alienate her fans overseas, but I also think its because of her lack of promo.
She has forsaken alot of the territories (japan, australia etc...) that at one stage were big supporters of her.image
Lets hope that changes this era.

Witness the FULL POWER of the LAMB-FORCE !!!
SheepCircle.jpg picture by emancipati0n 
(¯`·ÞåndémÖn!ûM·´¯)

Remove this ad

#222 [url]

^her musical choices have alienated her fans here as well -- so its no surprise that she would alienate european fans who were never really on board to begin with.

its like -- people will cream themselves over a rihanna record and beyonce and the pussycat dolls and the new ciara album -- but when Mariah makes a record that is just like them -- if not BETTER -- its a problem.

People have been putting Mariah in a tiny little box since 1990... I guess I'm used to it -- but it still bothers me.

I LOVE Obsessed -- think its a great song and SOOO different for her - which is what we've been wanting for so long. Its a shock because I am guilty of wanting poppy Heartbreaker big voiced Mariah back too -- but I can't deny that I love the song.

If this was a Rihanna song-- it would be SOOO huge and I would probably like it - My initial distaste for the song because of the autotune was me being selfish and putting Mariah in that box - I had to check myself -- and once I got over the fact that I would immediately like the song anyway if it wasn't Mariah -- I liked it even more BECAUSE it was Mariah -- it amazes me that she can be so relevant and still make such PURE FIRE records like this that trump all the competition.

#223 [url]

Pandem0nium, I sure hope so!

Remove this ad

vinjer

#224 [url]

Clo said it best!
And , if Touch My Body was a phrase that non- English proficient people could sing along to, they could surely manage with Why r u so obsessed with me, too.
It's not rocket science and it's repeated a gazillion times.If that's too much, they can always sing along to the oh-oh-oh-ohs.
If similar songs by everybody else can be ww hits, why couldn't they be for Mariah , if not exactly due to squeezing her into box where you think she belongs!Well, she doesn't!

mcsguardianangel

#225 [url]

What's important, and I agree with Johnny, is that we just enjoy the song and not let chart success (and the opinions of others) dampen it for us! If you like it, just freakin enjoy it image
This is true look at IBLYLT it wasn't a huge hit but it was an amazing song without a doubt and I still love it but I think some stopped liking it saying it had immature lyrics when it was adored at first

#226 [url]

mcsguardianangel wrote:
What's important, and I agree with Johnny, is that we just enjoy the song and not let chart success (and the opinions of others) dampen it for us! If you like it, just freakin enjoy it image
This is true look at IBLYLT it wasn't a huge hit but it was an amazing song without a doubt and I still love it but I think some stopped liking it saying it had immature lyrics when it was adored at first

I'll Be Loving You Long Time without a shadow of a doubt is my favorite song ever...I've played it over 2,000 times according to my Itunes. Only song I've never been sick of. image

imageimage

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help