Remove this ad

#201 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

Now all this needs is a dark crazy video with Mariah doing some kind of robot dance

Remove this ad

#203 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

I just think it needs to be a stand out video and something different for her the way the song is. Just something crazy that makes people keep watching it and fall in love with the song and Mariah for taking a chance. I want a VMA this year for MCC.

#204 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

I think the video is in great hands with Brett Ratner...

avatar

andytanhw

Posts: 1,672 Chillin' at FOMM

#205 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

CLo wrote:
I think the video is in great hands with Brett Ratner...
oh ya it will be amazin!
i am lovin the song
heh once i got over the autotune and the fact she doesnt really let rip w her vocals here
the beat and lyrics r so hot!
19th #1 here we come!!!!

avatar

andytanhw

Posts: 1,672 Chillin' at FOMM

#206 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

and u shld see the comments on the pink pig's board
even he cant brng the song down
the comments are overwhelmingly positive!

#208 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

I'm so shocked by this song. I never thought Mariah would make a song like this! I love it. Not only is it blatantly about Eminem, but women can relate to this song too. If any woman has ever had a guy obssessing over her or had someone spread rumors about you that aren't true...especially if it was a man you can relate to this song. I know I can.

This is just what she needs right now after the E=MC2 era a song that fits in what radio at the moment, that's why I think she was urgent to get it out there ASAP. It goes hard. The base is crazy. I'm loving how clever the lyrics are...obviously it's not lyrical masterpiece but it does clever take punches at Eminem and in general as well.

This is going to be a ladies anthem for sure.

imageimage


#209 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

Johnny Roberts wrote:

There comes a point where it really becomes about your own opinion of the song, not about charts or how the rest of the internet feels. If you love the song, great! If it just doesn't work for you, oh well, next time. But I don't get this need to try and convince everyone else how great or how boring the song is, and then to further prove your point, trot out what the rest of the internet thinks or dare to try to predict airplay after one day. What is it with these diva boards and needing the approval of everyone else?

If the song does well, people want to brag. If the song tanks, people start throwing blame around.

Of course I want the song to do well. But it's because I really like the song, not because I want to prove a point.

I'm happy right here at FOMM. I don't need to run to other boards for approval.

100 % Agree!!!

avatar

andytanhw

Posts: 1,672 Chillin' at FOMM

#210 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

whatitlooklike wrote:
I'm so shocked by this song. I never thought Mariah would make a song like this! I love it. Not only is it blatantly about Eminem, but women can relate to this song too. If any woman has ever had a guy obssessing over her or had someone spread rumors about you that aren't true...especially if it was a man you can relate to this song. I know I can.

This is just what she needs right now after the E=MC2 era a song that fits in what radio at the moment, that's why I think she was urgent to get it out there ASAP. It goes hard. The base is crazy. I'm loving how clever the lyrics are...obviously it's not lyrical masterpiece but it does clever take punches at Eminem and in general as well.

This is going to be a ladies anthem for sure.
AMEN!!!!imageimage

Remove this ad

#211 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

wolven go wrote:
Johnny Roberts wrote:

There comes a point where it really becomes about your own opinion of the song, not about charts or how the rest of the internet feels. If you love the song, great! If it just doesn't work for you, oh well, next time. But I don't get this need to try and convince everyone else how great or how boring the song is, and then to further prove your point, trot out what the rest of the internet thinks or dare to try to predict airplay after one day. What is it with these diva boards and needing the approval of everyone else?

If the song does well, people want to brag. If the song tanks, people start throwing blame around.

Of course I want the song to do well. But it's because I really like the song, not because I want to prove a point.

I'm happy right here at FOMM. I don't need to run to other boards for approval.

100 % Agree!!!

I agree with this too!

imageimage


avatar

Tlc79

Posts: 2,920 FOMM Extraordinaire

#212 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

i dont understand the complains with the autotune and the vocals....how do you let vocals rip on a song like this?? it doesnt call for it....

avatar

DutchLamb

Posts: 2,168 Mariah's big lamb

#213 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

Actually I think it might be a moderate hit for her internationally. Maybe it's a good thing that her voice isn't immediately recognizable.

avatar

Kevon

Administrator

Posts: 40,357 'Showing receipts and offering seats'

#214 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

I think it has all the elements to be a hit, but nothing is certain after the last era, so let's just wait and see. A hard-hitting video will really help like 'TMB' did.

What's important, and I agree with Johnny, is that we just enjoy the song and not let chart success (and the opinions of others) dampen it for us! If you like it, just freakin enjoy it

image
The legendary Wing returns. The new CD 'Memwahs of an Impefect Angew'. In stores now!
Includes the 'Angews Cwy', 'Wibbon', 'It's A Wap' and the #1 single 'Candy Wing'.

avatar

mcfan

Posts: 34,975

#Beautiful

#215 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

This screams hit to me at least at Rhythmic and Urban radio... not sure about Pop though, this is clearly more Urban friendly.
Internationally I can see Italy not touching this. The way radio works here, they won't give it any exposure.

avatar

carlos b fly

Administrator

Posts: 24,472 You'll never be ready. Memba I told you!

#216 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

I can see it doing something like #5 on the UK charts. She'll promo the hell out of it, so it'll have a good first week.

#218 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

i dont know talking about international success.

i think this is the reason why she is losing territories like Japan. How do you expect common non-English speaking people to love these kind of songs.

i admire her for really stepping up when it comes to creativity in lyrics...but mariah has to consider that most common non-english speaking people (people, not fans, okay?) wont see the magic in those lyrics like "wow, real great lyrics!"...and then they will love it. No, the melody needs to be on the same level too, that is what makes common music listeners turn their heads on you. In Obsessed, there is really no catchy phrase or something. very monotonous start to end, there is not even a climax. At least TMB had the catchy line "...touch my body!... where most people can easily sing to. Continue on like this, might as well just release an album for US only.

i hope this is just a warm up single and immediately follow up, this time, a sure fire smash hit. I really really hope so.

P.S. dont attack me because of my username. i am one of those who are also rooting for her on this that's why i am saying this.

#219 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

Why are you Obsessed with international sales?

This isn't anything we don't already know. Enough already.

#220 [url]

Jun 17 09 3:29 PM

Re: Am I the only 1 who thinks Obsessed is a big hit?

why are we worried with watchulukinat's obsessed opinion?

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help