Remove this ad

Kevon

Administrator

#21 [url]

Jun 9 09 9:58 AM

Johnny Roberts wrote:
...And both are FUGLY. But yes, at least GaGa was doing this first. Christina is seriously biting her style. Let's see, who hasn't she borrowed from yet?
Whatever, Christina was doing the fugly thing since before Gaga was sucking on her momma's tit.

The legendary Wing returns. The new CD 'Memwahs of an Impefect Angew'. In stores now!
Includes the 'Angews Cwy', 'Wibbon', 'It's A Wap' and the #1 single 'Candy Wing'.

Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Jun 9 09 12:13 PM

Haha. Well Christina was really cute when she debuted. Now I have no idea what she really looks like underneath the cake.

Musically, this record could be really solid and edgy, if not original. But I just can't get past her face!

#23 [url]

Jun 9 09 5:51 PM

This is gonna be my year!!!!!!!!!!

New albums by: MARIAH, Madonna, Xtina, Tina Arena (Peel Sessions), Toni Braxton, Céline Dion (Xmas), Lara Fabian, Whitney, Leona Lewis...

When I look at the top 40 today, there's hardly anything great in there, but soon...... I'll celebrate!

#24 [url]

Jun 9 09 7:34 PM

Colson wrote:
Who are these ppl? Europeans acts?

Le Tigre are an american indie/punk - ish band ..Ladytron are an electro band from the UK...2 of the members are from Liverpool my home town...they used to have a club here.

I dont see how shes gonna fit into the type of music they make...its certainly going to be interesting.

Colson

#28 [url]

Jun 10 09 7:05 PM

SPIN Mag confirms the album title is 'Light & Darkness', and it is coming out in September.

Christina Aguilera Recording with Le Tigre
The "Dirrty" pop star experiments with different sounds on her September release.

Christina Aguilera sure has come a long way from her "Genie in a Bottle" days. For her upcoming September album, Light & Darkness, she recorded songs with British electronic acts Goldfrapp and Ladytron, plus former Zero 7 singer Sia, as SPIN.com reported last summer.

Now, Perez Hilton says that über-feminist punk group Le Tigre will join "Xtina" in the studio to work on the album.

Known for their bold lyrics and outspoken support of gay/lesbian and women's rights, Le Tigre had been on a musical hiatus since 2007. Dogged by rumors of a split, singer Kathleen Hanna (formerly of the "riot grrrl" band Bikini Kill) took to the group's MySpace in April to proclaim that Le Tigre had not broken up. And now comes this news.

In fact, Sia might be the one responsible for getting Le Tigre on board with the project. She and bandmember JD Samsom have been romantically linked -- and as she told SPIN.com, she thinks Christina is "rad"!

Alternative electro-rockers Le Tigre have just been added to the list of collaborators for Christina Aguilera's upcoming fourth studio album "Light & Darkness".

The all female lesbian 3-piece are best known for their underground hit "TKO". The groups last album was in 2004, and they've been on an official break since 2007 only now reuniting to work with Aguilera.

Also featured on her self-described "futuristic electro" album will be Tricky Stewart, Sia, Linda Perry, Claude Kelly, Goldfrapp, and Ladytron.

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#29 [url]

Jun 10 09 8:55 PM

I think she is just desperately shooting at every direction trying to get anything that sounds decent image

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#30 [url]

Jun 11 09 2:10 AM

Johnny Roberts wrote:
Haha. Well Christina was really cute when she debuted.
Agreed. She was very cute in the 'WAGW' video. I wish she'd go back to music like that or even the 'Stripped' singles instead of the 'futuristic' crap.

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Remove this ad

rainbow1199

#31 [url]

Jun 11 09 10:08 AM

mariahfan150 wrote:
Johnny Roberts wrote:
Agreed. She was very cute in the 'WAGW' video. I wish she'd go back to music like that or even the 'Stripped' singles instead of the 'futuristic' crap.

She's Christina- she doesn't repeat herself. Ever. She's clearly just jumping on the BEP/GaGa futuristic thing now. Yawn. Sure I'll still like half her album though LOL.

Kevon

Administrator

#32 [url]

Jun 11 09 10:12 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
I think she is just desperately shooting at every direction trying to get anything that sounds decent image
Much like she did with 'Stripped'. And failed.

The legendary Wing returns. The new CD 'Memwahs of an Impefect Angew'. In stores now!
Includes the 'Angews Cwy', 'Wibbon', 'It's A Wap' and the #1 single 'Candy Wing'.

cornyperson

away for awhile...

#33 [url]

Jun 11 09 2:12 PM

kevo2002 wrote:
Johnny Roberts wrote:
...And both are FUGLY. But yes, at least GaGa was doing this first. Christina is seriously biting her style. Let's see, who hasn't she borrowed from yet?
Whatever, Christina was doing the fugly thing since before Gaga was sucking on her momma's tit.

LOLLL you're funny.

#35 [url]

Jun 12 09 3:34 AM

mariahfan150 wrote:
Johnny Roberts wrote:

I used to love her...but then she felt the need to be somebody else everytime she has released an album since then. She is one of those artists that has no identity. If she played it smart, she would have a distinct sound by now but she doesnt.

imageimage

alissaveronicaho

#36 [url]

Jun 12 09 9:15 AM

whatitlooklike wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
Johnny Roberts wrote:

I used to love her...but then she felt the need to be somebody else everytime she has released an album since then. She is one of those artists that has no identity. If she played it smart, she would have a distinct sound by now but she doesnt.
thing I love about MC is she makes you feel good consistently throughout her whole catalogue. I loved the debut, but the Xtina stuff just doesent do it for me anymore. all you hear now is someone trying to out-vocalise everything in existence

imageimage

Spideysense1978

#37 [url]

Jun 15 09 5:21 AM

alissaveronicaho wrote:
whatitlooklike wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
Johnny Roberts wrote:

thing I love about MC is she makes you feel good consistently throughout her whole catalogue. I loved the debut, but the Xtina stuff just doesent do it for me anymore. all you hear now is someone trying to out-vocalise everything in existence

the keyword here being: TRYING. She does outscream everyone though

The FOMM rule about lipping is:

- If it sound good, then it's lipped
- If it sounds bad , then it's live

As soon as people realize that, the easier it will be.

#38 [url]

Jun 15 09 4:54 PM

whatitlooklike wrote:

I think it's great that Xtina has no boundaries, musically speaking. Just like Madonna.
Xtina has done a pop album, a R 'n B album, a Latin album, a Xmas album, a retro album...
Always a surprise what she comes up with next.

Colson

#39 [url]

Jun 15 09 5:39 PM

^What good is it surprising ppl when the material isn't up to par. For me, it defeats the purpose.

#40 [url]

Jun 15 09 5:42 PM

Colson wrote:
^What good is it surprising ppl when the material isn't up to par. For me, it defeats the purpose.
Exactly, she FAILS!

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help