Remove this ad

#41 [url]

Nov 27 08 6:03 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
The album is underperforming internationally. So much for 'IIWAB' helping her album sales internationally, despite being a hit everywhere.

Canada - #7 (image)
Spain - #7
Australia - #8
United Kingdom - #10
Austria - #22
It was to be expected IMO.

Remove this ad

NhWxMaN

#42 [url]

Nov 27 08 9:52 PM

Why does Beyonce seem to use the echo so much in her performances? It is so irritating. I was watching old performances and she was doing it then, too.

Kevon

Administrator

#44 [url]

Nov 28 08 4:13 AM

^I think a little reverb is good (Mariah used it to good effect early in her career). However Beyonce goes way overboard when using it in live performances, especially. To the point where it's almost at the same volume as the main vocal.

The legendary Wing returns. The new CD 'Memwahs of an Impefect Angew'. In stores now!
Includes the 'Angews Cwy', 'Wibbon', 'It's A Wap' and the #1 single 'Candy Wing'.

#45 [url]

Nov 28 08 5:48 AM

Shanice apparently sang an acapella version of "If I Were A Boy".� I don't know what to think of it.� It was decent in parts, and overblown in others.� And I love how when she hits the high note, the bubble pops up saying "Don't Forget To Subscribe" as if that high note was going to make people suddenly wet themselves with excitement and want to subscribe.image� I know she can hit high notes, but this one was like a pathetic little squeal.

I still like BC Jean's version best.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#46 [url]

Nov 28 08 6:36 AM

Homertilicus wrote:

Shanice apparently sang an acapella version of "If I Were A Boy".� I don't know what to think of it.� It was decent in parts, and overblown in others.� And I love how when she hits the high note, the bubble pops up saying "Don't Forget To Subscribe" as if that high note was going to make people suddenly wet themselves with excitement and want to subscribe.image� I know she can hit high notes, but this one was like a pathetic little squeal.

Bloody hell......1:23, my eardrums nearly exploded. They should have had a government health warning on that image�I know what you mean about that high note at the end....it was feeble and a little embaressing.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#48 [url]

Nov 28 08 9:41 AM

jasp17 wrote:
^^ That girls is using her voice in such a bad way, her throat is closing up completely when she belts.

Sounded like she was really straining as she sung....cant be good.

MamaKaiyan

#49 [url]

Nov 28 08 3:25 PM

Homertilicus wrote:

My God, I missed Shanice. What a fantastic voice. And, she's really grown into such a beautiful woman. But, she can�be a bit over-the-top.

Last Edited By: MamaKaiyan Nov 28 08 3:35 PM. Edited 1 time.

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#50 [url]

Nov 28 08 4:08 PM

Homertilicus wrote:

The (weak) whistle note was not needed. I love 'I Love Your Smile' to this day, though. image

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Remove this ad

Gospelartist03

#52 [url]

Nov 28 08 9:12 PM

I don't know why she felt the need to do the song, she brought nothing new to it except a wierd whistle note. I feel bad for Shanice because if she just does her own stuff no one pays attention so she ends up doing other people's stuff but that just opens her up for a lot of criticizem. Remember when she did mariah's version of OHN on BET? everybody was like she needs to be run out of town

Kevon

Administrator

#53 [url]

Nov 29 08 6:47 AM

So is 'Smash Into You' a cover? And the original called 'Smack Into You'?

The legendary Wing returns. The new CD 'Memwahs of an Impefect Angew'. In stores now!
Includes the 'Angews Cwy', 'Wibbon', 'It's A Wap' and the #1 single 'Candy Wing'.

MMMIII123

the splendor of you and I

#54 [url]

Nov 29 08 9:08 AM

MamaKaiyan wrote:
Homertilicus wrote:

My God, I missed Shanice. What a fantastic voice. And, she's really grown into such a beautiful woman. But, she can�be a bit over-the-top.
I loved�Shanice.� Still don't know whether she said "blow Bradford, blow" or " blow Branford, blow" in that song.� My girlfriend and I couldn't agree.�� Shanice, Tevin Campbell & Tamia...miss all three.

��

mcfan

#Beautiful

#58 [url]

Nov 29 08 10:53 AM

jasp17 wrote:
^^ OMG she did this AGAIN:o???????????

Damn...:S
Time for her to pull a Britney...
"Oops, I did it again!" image Sing it Bey!!image

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#60 [url]

Nov 29 08 3:50 PM

^ Not sure if she did or not, but one of the early press releases touted how personal the album would be because she helped write every song.

http://friendsofmariahmessageboard.yuku.com/sreply/690834/New-Album-Discussion#collapseThreeReply690834

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help