Remove this ad

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#21 [url]

Nov 25 08 1:01 PM

Mariahcareyfan123456 wrote:
Why does she do the same single ladies routine with every performance? Its boring now imo.

its so not boring image Anways, she swtiched some of the moves up in every performance so far. Some more than others, but she hasnt done this live yet with the exact routine as the video. The AMA's performance had the most changes to the video's routine.

Remove this ad

kittykow105

#22 [url]

Nov 25 08 1:54 PM

Bee should not have to change the choreography to the song, when the dance is infamous now. Most people aren't watching every performance of hers, so why should she have to change it up because the online community gets tired of youtubing her?

#24 [url]

Nov 25 08 3:04 PM

dwhite725 wrote:
Are people just talking about the dance in general or the outro thing as well? I've honestly never seen people %++*$ about another artist like they do about Beyonce. The song was choreographed, it follows the video, I mean whats the problem with it? Janet's done the same exact choreography for years now. I wouldn't want her to change up the choreography to "If" or "Rhythm Nation." I just can't believe I've seen 2 places now complaining about it. I've never really seen any entertainer ever change up their choreography when promoting a single. There's just no time for them to run and learn new choreography.
Beyonce does take a lot of unnecessary flack, but I can understand why people are complaing about the routine. When Usher was promoting "Love In This Club", I wanted to pull my hair out everytime I saw him come out in the same black leather jacket and jeans, and his two female dancers had on those same black tights. Plus, he did the same dance steps for every performance as well.image

Btw, did anyone see her on Ellen today? For some reason I thought Mariah was supposed to be on today, but it's tommorow. Beyonce was on for the whole show (excluding the monologue). She was surprisingly open when talking about her marriage, and she was actually funny. She sang two songs "IIWAB" and "Faults and All" (a request from Ellen). I have to wonder why she wears wigs and extensions, her natural hair looks fine, at least I think that was her natural hair.

Eminem: "Hi Mariah, can I touch your boobs?"
Mariah: [drunk] "I'm Mary Poppins!"
Eminem barely touches Mariah and then just jizzes on her stomach
Eminem: "[sobbing] That. Was. Amazing."
Mariah: "You're gross, get me a towel..."

By: Homerticilious

Last Edited By: underneath the stars Nov 25 08 3:17 PM. Edited 2 times.

MMMIII123

the splendor of you and I

#26 [url]

Nov 25 08 7:50 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
-- 1 BEYONCE COLUMBIA 505,593 --
I AM... SASHA FIERCE
That is very good for her. She has been everywhere (literally) this past week.
Her dad said in a recent interview he was expecting 1M the first week, that was a bit high.

OT: I am overdosing on Beyonce.

Last Edited By: MMMIII123 Nov 25 08 7:54 PM. Edited 1 time.

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#27 [url]

Nov 25 08 10:05 PM

MMMIII123 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
I AM... SASHA FIERCE
Her dad said in a recent interview he was expecting 1M the first week, that was a bit high.
Her dad is ridiculous. He also said Beyoncé and Destiny's Child sold 140 million records worldwide. image Please.

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#28 [url]

Nov 25 08 10:34 PM

MMMIII123 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
I AM... SASHA FIERCE
I don't think it is. It's certainly not bad, but 500k during the start of the holiday season when she has been everywhere and has two top 3 hits isn't exactly great either. It just reinforces to me that people aren't quite as interested in Beyonce as her exposure would make it seem.
*And before anyone says anything, I think the debut total for E=MC2 was disappointing as well.

Having said that, her performance in Cadillac Records seems promising. From EW.com:

Beyonce in 'Cadillac Records': the EW First Look

Nov 25, 2008, 01:41 PM | by Margeaux Watson

Categories: Film, Music

Cadillacrecords_lLast night, I attended a media screening of Cadillac Records in New York while my colleague Carrie Bell was on the scene at the movie's star-studded L.A. premiere at the Egyptian Theater, followed by an after-party at Les Deux. I had been dying to see the film ever since Beyonce Knowles landed the role of R&B legend and ex-heroin addict Etta James. The movie, which follows Chicago-based Chess Records in the 1950s and '60s, also stars Adrien Brody as label founder Leonard Chess, Jeffrey Wright as Muddy Waters, and Mos Def as Chuck Berry. Working with those guys clearly inspired B to step up her acting game. She doesn't appear on screen until the second hour of the movie, but it's worth the wait, as this is her finest cinematic performance to date. Tortured, tragic, and playfully profane, she inhabits the role with fiery conviction, though it's certainly the most sanitized depiction of a junkie I've ever seen (Trainspotting this is not). The only major drawback to her performance is that she lacks the pained vocal chops to convincingly pull off James' songs or make them her own like Diana Ross did with Billie Holiday's standards in 1972's Lady Sings the Blues. Each time she covers classics like "At Last" and "Trust In Me," you hear Beyonce, not Etta. Apparently, James agrees. Last night when Carrie asked her how she felt about Beyonce's portrayal, she replied, "She did her thing. She sings good, but I don't think she sings as good as me." True that, diva.

Based on "At Last," I agree about her singing.

rainbow1199

#29 [url]

Nov 25 08 11:50 PM

The total is disappointing for sure, but at the same time I also wouldn't have expected anything beyond the 500-600k range.

MisplacedValidity

Administrator

#30 [url]

Nov 26 08 12:44 AM

^ I didn't expect more just because of her previous totals, but if I just look at the general picture (the promotion, the hits, her name value) I would expect more. But as I said, we've had this discussion multiple times, so no point in getting into it again.

Remove this ad

NhWxMaN

#31 [url]

Nov 26 08 1:11 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
MMMIII123 wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:
I AM... SASHA FIERCE
I don't think it is. It's certainly not bad, but 500k during the start of the holiday season when she has been everywhere and has two top 3 hits isn't exactly great either. It just reinforces to me that people aren't quite as interested in Beyonce as her exposure would make it seem.
*And before anyone says anything, I think the debut total for E=MC2 was disappointing as well.

Having said that, her performance in Cadillac Records seems promising. From EW.com:

Beyonce in 'Cadillac Records': the EW First Look

Nov 25, 2008, 01:41 PM | by Margeaux Watson

Categories: Film, Music

Based on "At Last," I agree about her singing.

Concerning At Last, I think Celine sang a way better rendition of it then Beyonce, which surprised me cause I thought Beyonce would have really pulled it off.

rainbow1199

#32 [url]

Nov 26 08 10:10 AM

MisplacedValidity wrote:
^ I didn't expect more just because of her previous totals, but if I just look at the general picture (the promotion, the hits, her name value) I would expect more. But as I said, we've had this discussion multiple times, so no point in getting into it again.

Yeah; like I said, the total is disappointing no matter how you look at it. I'm sure the hardcore fans will blame the double disc thing.

mariahfan150

#33 [url]

Nov 26 08 3:23 PM

The album is underperforming internationally. So much for 'IIWAB' helping her album sales internationally, despite being a hit everywhere.

Canada - #7 (image)
Spain - #7
Australia - #8
United Kingdom - #10
Austria - #22

Last Edited By: mariahfan150 Nov 26 08 3:26 PM. Edited 2 times.

#34 [url]

Nov 26 08 4:46 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
The album is underperforming internationally. So much for 'IIWAB' helping her album sales internationally, despite being a hit everywhere.

Canada - #7 (image)

Does Beyonce ususally do well in Canada (I'm not that much of a chart person, so I don't know). A lot of artist are very lazy when it comes to promoting their stuff in Canada, because they assume people will watch the American promotion on tv (I was always upset with Mariah for that). It's like damn, I know we are neighbours (Canada/US), but we'd like to see you in person more often.

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#35 [url]

Nov 26 08 4:53 PM

I don't think she's promoted outside of the US yet. Just Japan, I think.

So, Beyonce was on Tyra. Tyra is full of herself. But back to Beyonce. She was on the whole show and did IIWAB and Single Ladies. There were two guys dancing behind her. Funny seeing people in the audience trying to do the choreography.

mariahfan150

#36 [url]

Nov 26 08 8:46 PM

underneath the stars wrote:
mariahfan150 wrote:

Canada - #7 (image)

Does Beyonce ususally do well in Canada (I'm not that much of a chart person, so I don't know). A lot of artist are very lazy when it comes to promoting their stuff in Canada, because they assume people will watch the American promotion on tv (I was always upset with Mariah for that). It's like damn, I know we are neighbours (Canada/US), but we'd like to see you in person more often.
Her debut should be over 200k and 'B Day' should be near it. Apparently, she sold like 9,000 to debut at #7. 'E=MC²' sold 19,000 in the first week.

#40 [url]

Nov 27 08 3:40 PM

dru27 wrote:
Ri-Ri already stole her thunder bigtime LOL

No big deal, that happens to all artists: Madonna, Whitney, Mariah, Celine, Britney, Beyonce, Alicia, and now Rihanna. In a year or two someone new will come along and knock off Rihanna. That's because fans are fickle and are always looking for something new.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help