Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2301 [url]

Sep 18 10 8:39 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
^'Sweet Dreams' was definitely an exception. I hoped that song would be a single when the demo came out. 
'Radio', 'Green Light' and 'Suga Mama' have good melodies as well IMO.

Remove this ad

#2303 [url]

Sep 18 10 9:30 AM

I never enjoyed "Sweet dreams" But I have to agree that some of her ballads have nice melodies.
I really like "Disappear".

Kevon

Administrator

#2304 [url]

Sep 18 10 9:44 AM

I like the Freemason's version of the BDay singles. They work better as dance tracks imo. 'Green Lights' original production is all over the place.

@Jasp - yeah I like 'Disappear' as well.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2305 [url]

Sep 18 10 9:47 AM

I forgot to mention 'Ego'. How could I?   And 'Hello' and 'Scared Of Lonely' as well, all good melodies.
Anyway, I love 'Green Light' and I don't think it's messy at all. The horns alone make it one of my favorite tracks on B'day.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2306 [url]

Sep 18 10 10:33 AM

7 reasons why Beyoncé doesn't have Twitter.

I’m sure you’ve all seen the lavish paparazzi shots of Beyoncé on her summer vacation Europe takeover – “Keeping up with the Carters” with her hubby Jay-Z. Wouldn’t it have been great to see tweets or random thoughts from the icon as she sailed across the Mediterranean Sea on her private yacht?

Imagine the Twitpics and the flirty tweets about romantic dinners with Jay. Only in a stans dreams because as you know, Beyoncé is one of the few A-list celebrities who have not joined the newly anti-drug social networking site Twitter.
And if I know my Honey Bee like I think I do, I don’t think she will ever join Twitter either. Allegedly, Beyoncé does have a Twitter with over 744,000 followers. But not verified, so is it really the one piece leotard dancing diva?
Check out the 7 Reasons after the jump.

Here are 7 reasons why Beyoncé is not on Twitter-

7. It would be too much pressure for Beyoncé.
She would easily become the most Retweeted person on Twitter. She couldn’t make any typos like us mere mortals because we all know, the Beyoncé haters are ruthless and wouldn’t let her live it down if she accidently put “there” instead of “their.” She would literally have no room for error. Bey would have to plan her tweets strategically and tweet carefully and this would take all the fun out of tweeting.

6. Beyoncé wouldn’t have the time to tweet.
Between selling over a 100 million records, performing at sold out shows, hitting the studio, starring in movies, running a fashion line, doing illustrious photo shoots, endorsing products other female artists only dream of, being a wife and basically being the music industry – *breathe* where would she find the time to tweet? Unlike the rest of us, Beyoncé wouldn’t sit idle on Tweet Deck watching the Real Housewives, she’s always working. Simply, she’d be too busy to tweet.

5. Beyoncé doesn’t want to overshadow @Solange’s Twitter success!
Solange was one of the first celebrities many people started to follow when they joined twitter and she’s actually a good celeb to follow, she stays in her lane and doesn’t over tweet – now. Solange was just recently named one of the 100 most influential African American women on Twitter. So, Beyoncé will continue to look out and let Solange reign supreme in at least one genre.

4. Beyoncé just learned how to use a computer!
In past interviews, Beyoncé has stated that she didn’t own a computer and had a cell phone, in which only five people had her number. Beyoncé just learned how to text and drive. So, she’s relativity new to this whole technology game! And plus, she finds watching YouTube videos more entertaining.

3. Her bodyguard Julius would make tweeting difficult.
I could see him now, tracking down Beyoncé haters on Twitter, it would just become a mess. And not to mention he would be hovering over her shoulder while she’s tweeting and who wants to tweet like that?!?! Plus, he would be forced to join Twitter as a way to further protect her from overzealous stans.

2. Beyoncé is too private.
Everyone knows that when you’re watching a Beyoncé interview you will NOT get a peek into her private life! Even Oprah Winfrey can’t crack Beyoncé. But as she’s stated before her “private life is off limits.” So, her tweets wouldn’t give us a clue as to who the real Beyoncé is.

1. She’s Beyoncé!
Let’s be real, Beyoncé is currently the greatest entertainer we have out right now. She has female artists rescheduling their album release dates because they know they won’t get any shine when Beyoncé is on her operation saturate-the-market-takeover trail at the same time. She’s simply greater than Twitter and as an artist who is on par for icon status. She’s smart enough not to EVER download Uber Twitter to her white Blackberry Bold.

Source: Community Live Journal

Found it on the dc3forever board. Amazing.

rainbow1199

#2307 [url]

Sep 18 10 2:17 PM

mcfan wrote:
rainbow1199 wrote:
If Beysus can do dance music, so can Mariah .
See Vinny's reply for my opinion:
RnB Junkie wrote:
I don't see how party music = dance music. "Get Me Bodied" is party music, to me, and I'd imagine it'd be more like that.

But the 'GMB' sound is so mid-2000s. Unless Beyonce invents a new sound, her 'party' music will definitely be dance influenced. Sorry.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2308 [url]

Sep 18 10 4:20 PM

rainbow1199 wrote:
But the 'GMB' sound is so mid-2000s. Unless Beyonce invents a new sound, her 'party' music will definitely be dance influenced. Sorry.
Why? Swizz Beatz is still producing Urban uptempos. There are plenty of uptempo songs on Urban radio that are far from Euro-Trash.

rainbow1199

#2309 [url]

Sep 18 10 5:02 PM

mcfan wrote:
rainbow1199 wrote:
Why? Swizz Beatz is still producing Urban uptempos. There are plenty of uptempo songs on Urban radio that are far from Euro-Trash.

Name one with pop crossover appeal.

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#2310 [url]

Sep 18 10 9:15 PM

rainbow1199 wrote:
mcfan wrote:
rainbow1199 wrote:

If Beysus can do dance music, so can Mariah .
See Vinny's reply for my opinion:

RnB Junkie wrote:

I don't see how party music = dance music. "Get Me Bodied" is party music, to me, and I'd imagine it'd be more like that.

Well, the entire B'Day album is party music. Green Light, Suga Mama, Freakum Dress, etc. I'm hoping it's more urban and soul influenced than dancey. And, I don't think Q-Tip is doing anything related to dance for her.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2311 [url]

Sep 18 10 9:41 PM

rainbow1199 wrote:
mcfan wrote:
Name one with pop crossover appeal.
'Bottoms Up', 'Hot Tottie'. There you have 2.
'Single Ladies' was also not that poppy and yet it was #1 on CHR, crossing over from Urban. Beyoncé can do it again like that.

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#2312 [url]

Sep 18 10 10:55 PM

I swear if she comes out with something as anthemic and a party jumper like Single Ladies again, I might just become a stan. 

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#2313 [url]

Sep 18 10 11:39 PM

Yep. "Single Ladies" could be party music too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

rainbow1199

#2314 [url]

Sep 19 10 4:06 AM

RnB Junkie wrote:
Yep. "Single Ladies" could be party music too.
'SL' was dancey though, imo. It wasn't the same type of track as 'GMB'.

I would be very, very impressed if she could top that track.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2315 [url]

Sep 19 10 4:02 PM

mariahfan150 wrote:
I swear if she comes out with something as anthemic and a party jumper like Single Ladies again, I might just become a stan. 

Are you ready to be entertaaaaaaained??

gregtheone

#2317 [url]

Sep 23 10 9:33 AM

Her & Rihanna really have it so easy. Ring some producers, ask for their hottest stuff. Record.

But at least Beyoncé is a really good singer and an incredible performer.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2320 [url]

Sep 23 10 10:06 AM

kittykow105 wrote:
I hope Bey doesn't try to take writing credit for that song LOL
What song? And what makes you think she couldn't have been involved with Terius in the writing?
I swear this thing is becoming ridiculous

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help