Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2281 [url]

Sep 14 10 5:03 PM

With, 'Why don't You Love Me', in the UK Top 75,
Beyonce becomes the first Female Artist, (& only the
2nd Artist), to have had 9 Hit Singles off the same
Album - 'I Am...Sasha Fierce', in her case.

The only other Artist - to have 9 UK Hits off the
same Album - is Michael Jackson, who took 9 Hits
off his 1987 'Bad' Album, & 9 more off his 1991
'Dangerous' Album.

No Group has ever achieved it.

THE QUEEN.  

Remove this ad

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#2284 [url]

Sep 15 10 9:40 AM

CLICK HERE  to download Beyonce's cover of 'Wishing on a Star' for FREE from Amazon.com. This is an old track (it was available with the Live at Wembley DVD) but now Amazon are giving away the track for free as part of their Essence Music Festival promotion. 

Oh and I want to say Congratulations to both Beyoncé and GaGa for winning Best Collaboration for Telephone at the 2010 Video Music Awards!

#2285 [url]

Sep 15 10 10:34 PM

She looks amazing in the last set of photos you posted. I love the relationship her and Jay have. They're so freakin' cute!

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2286 [url]

Sep 17 10 9:28 AM

US Sales Update (Thanks to Paul Grein's Blog)

Crazy in Love 1,178,000
Baby Boy 431,000
Naughty Girl 622,000
Deja Vu 592,000
Ring The Alarm 586,000
Listen 503,000
Get Me Bodied 411,000

B'day

esettle0

Posts: 21,140 Reflections of your love have come to wither

#2287 [url]

Sep 17 10 9:58 AM

mcfan wrote:
US Sales Update (Thanks to Paul Grein's Blog)

Crazy in Love 1,178,000
Baby Boy 431,000
Naughty Girl 622,000
Deja Vu 592,000
Ring The Alarm 586,000
Listen 503,000
Get Me Bodied 411,000

B'day
I hope she doesn't release a Greatest Hits anytime soon, her Catalog sales are good. 

Colson

#2288 [url]

Sep 17 10 10:03 AM

^I think they'll release a GH for her after her next 2 studio albums. Maybe even after the next one, but it'll probably be within the next 3 years.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2289 [url]

Sep 17 10 10:05 AM

esettle0 wrote:
I hope she doesn't release a Greatest Hits anytime soon, her Catalog sales are good. 
Exactly. Beyoncé, Usher and P!nk are the ones I'd never want to release one. (Even though P!nk is having one this year, unfortunately )

#2290 [url]

Sep 17 10 10:08 AM

I'm surprised Get Me Bodied sold that much. Actually I'm surprised all of the BDay singles sold what they did because none of them save for Irreplaceable were that big at radio.

Remove this ad

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2292 [url]

Sep 17 10 7:56 PM

Beyoncé working on new 'party music,' says songwriter Sean Garrett

by Simon Vozick-Levinson

Is Beyoncé readying a new album? Songwriter-producer Sean Garrett, who’s previously teamed with Queen B for tracks like “Video Phone,” “Diva,” “Get Me Bodied,” and “Upgrade U,” says it’s true.

“I am going in the studio with Beyoncé this week to work on her next record,” Garrett told the Music Mix at Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards. “I think we are doing a lot of up-tempo records for this one. She’s in such a good place right now in life that she is interested in making party music, definitely.” A rep for Beyoncé was unable to confirm her recording plans at this time.

What do you think of this news? Excited by the prospect of Beyoncé and Garrett making more upbeat party music? Let’s hear it. —Additional reporting by Carrie Bell

http://music-mix.ew.com/2...09/15/beyonce-new-album/

rainbow1199

#2293 [url]

Sep 17 10 8:47 PM

mcfan wrote:

Beyoncé working on new 'party music,' says songwriter Sean Garrett

by Simon Vozick-Levinson

Is Beyoncé readying a new album? Songwriter-producer Sean Garrett, who’s previously teamed with Queen B for tracks like “Video Phone,” “Diva,” “Get Me Bodied,” and “Upgrade U,” says it’s true.

“I am going in the studio with Beyoncé this week to work on her next record,” Garrett told the Music Mix at Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards. “I think we are doing a lot of up-tempo records for this one. She’s in such a good place right now in life that she is interested in making party music, definitely.” A rep for Beyoncé was unable to confirm her recording plans at this time.

What do you think of this news? Excited by the prospect of Beyoncé and Garrett making more upbeat party music? Let’s hear it. —Additional reporting by Carrie Bell

http://music-mix.ew.com/2...09/15/beyonce-new-album/

If Beysus can do dance music, so can Mariah .

Vincent

Me. I am Vinny...The Shady Wordsmith

#2294 [url]

Sep 17 10 10:59 PM

I don't see how party music = dance music. "Get Me Bodied" is party music, to me, and I'd imagine it'd be more like that.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vincent, dahhhhling.

#2295 [url]

Sep 18 10 2:02 AM

Sean Garret has been notorious for his lack of accurate information about artists (recently Britney Spears), so I'm not going to take what he says too seriously.  Either way, I'd love for Beysus to come back and show Riri how the queen does it.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2296 [url]

Sep 18 10 5:22 AM

rainbow1199 wrote:
If Beysus can do dance music, so can Mariah .
See Vinny's reply for my opinion:
RnB Junkie wrote:
I don't see how party music = dance music. "Get Me Bodied" is party music, to me, and I'd imagine it'd be more like that.
And...
Jefflez wrote:
I'd love for Beysus to come back and show Riri how the queen does it.

That shouldn't be a problem, of course. Beysus will be back to snatch wigs and lacefronts to add to her wide collections very soon.

Kevon

Administrator

#2297 [url]

Sep 18 10 6:44 AM

Beyonce's voice definitely suits uptempos so this is good news. I'll just pray for melodies this time around

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

#2298 [url]

Sep 18 10 7:51 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
Beyonce's voice definitely suits uptempos so this is good news. I'll just pray for melodies this time around

I can't even think of 1 Beyonce song with a good catchy melody.
Even "Crazy in love" had a 'so-so' vocal line.

mcfan

#Beautiful

#2299 [url]

Sep 18 10 8:12 AM

jasp17 wrote:
I can't even think of 1 Beyonce song with a good catchy melody.
Even "Crazy in love" had a 'so-so' vocal line.

Are you strictly referring to her uptempos? Because her ballads have really good melodies.
And 'Sweet Dreams' has a good/remarkable melody.

Kevon

Administrator

#2300 [url]

Sep 18 10 8:21 AM

^'Sweet Dreams' was definitely an exception. I hoped that song would be a single when the demo came out. It's a much more interesting song that 'Single Ladies'.

Wrapped up in a shady tortilla

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help