Remove this ad

#43 [url]

Jul 28 08 8:12 AM

On second listen it's actually a sneaky little song. It's simple but very catchy and memorable. Nice message too. It's just great to hear the woman's voice. With a good video this should do good for her.

Colson

#44 [url]

Jul 28 08 9:15 AM

Whitneyluva wrote:
Judging by the response she's getting on the net, she will be fine!

The internet is not a barometer to judge whether the "general audience" likes a song. And it certainly ain't the case with radio, which she NEEDS to have a hit on. The 'real' 1st single better be stellar!

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#45 [url]

Jul 28 08 9:17 AM

Way too much autotone on Whitney's voice. With how much time Clive & Co. spent on getting the right songs for the album, every song should be great. Instant classics. There shouldn't be any filler and this is not even that. Rihanna wouldn't touch this. It's a boring and generic.

It doesn't matter if this is the first single or not. It shouldn't even be on the album. Is this supposed to be the amazing song Akon said he wrote for Whitney?

Colson

#46 [url]

Jul 28 08 9:21 AM

Ginger1 wrote:
Way too much autotone on Whitney's voice. With how much time Clive & Co. spent on getting the right songs for the album, every song should be great. Instant classics. There shouldn't be any filler and this is not even that. Rihanna wouldn't touch this. It's a boring and generic.

It doesn't matter if this is the first single or not. It shouldn't even be on the album. Is this supposed to be the amazing song Akon said he wrote for Whitney?

100% agree. The songs shouldn't just be 'ok' when you've had this long to work on them and supposedly pick the 'best' producers and writers possible. And it's exactly what you said, a 'filler' track. Some filler is better than others, but this is just average filler.

#47 [url]

Jul 28 08 9:22 AM

RazorBoy wrote:
And I definitely don't think this is the official first single. Me thinks they leaked it on purpose to get feedback.

thats true! her official MySpace already confirmed! thay wants feedback only!

DutchLamb

#49 [url]

Jul 28 08 10:55 AM

Even if she does have a killer first single would US radio still play her though? US radio is ageist and she didn't have a lot of airplay with her last project. I think she should refocus on the AC market Urban AC. She will have the benefit of Christmas sales and the comeback hype.

breakbreakdown

#50 [url]

Jul 28 08 11:14 AM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
what a crappy song!!! i think its too late for her honestly. she didnt switch up her style in the mid-late 90s like mariah did. i personalyl dont think she should have to sing rihanna-esque songs to get radio play, but unforunately thats how it is. there is no diversity on radio anymore. so we're probbaly not going to hear any classic whitney sounding songs because pop radio does not play the classic whitney songs anymore, only a/c does, and her label obviously wants a mariah-style comeback with hits and big album sales.

I agree. She still has the voice to sound like Alicia Keys. In fact, a song like No One would fit her current vocal range.

Whitney Houston is a wrap.

Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Jul 28 08 5:53 PM

i like it...and i think its a good idea to come with a :pleasant" song that doesnt act like youre trying to prove something. thats what mariah always does...and it works. of course whitney is gonna do what works for the kind of artist she is. i like it...and each time i hear it i like it more. good for her. id love to see her do well after all this time. now acorn...lol...i have no opinion on.

BeyondIdolization

May we always be together...
In the sands of time

#52 [url]

Jul 28 08 5:54 PM

I like it, it reminds me of old Michael Jackson. I really like the high note at 03:05. But as others have said, it's not lead single material. It's a step in the right direction though imo.

#53 [url]

Jul 28 08 5:58 PM

I agree that Akon doesn't add anything great to the song, but I have to tip my hat to him for producing such a smooth, mellow jam. I wasn't too big on the idea of him and Whtiney working together, but I can honestly say I really like the song. It's definitely a grower and the more you hear it, the more it gets stuck in your head. It's catchy as hell and don't be surprised to see this song do well.

No one song is going to please everyone, but I think Whitney fans (for the most part,) will be pleased. Good Job Whitney- and welcome back!

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#54 [url]

Jul 28 08 6:03 PM

Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
what a crappy song!!! i think its too late for her honestly. she didnt switch up her style in the mid-late 90s like mariah did.

She did, actually. MLIYL was a very current album back then with hot R&B producers like Rodney Jerkins and Wyclef Jean, and she had several big hits. It's obvious to me that Clive decided Whitney should take that direction after Mariah had done it a year before.

I was listening to those singles today and realized again just how good they are. Whitney really is best when she does R&B music. Those early albums were so cheesy.

#56 [url]

Jul 28 08 7:36 PM

I kinda like it. It's a mellow, smooth head bouncer.

I could actually see this being a modest hit to build on. But they will need to come MUCH harder to get Whitney back to the top of the charts, if that's even possible at this point.

LOL, it's better than Bye-Bye. image

BeyondIdolization

In the sands of time

#59 [url]

Jul 28 08 7:54 PM

^ Nothing is true when it comes to opinion. I think Bye Bye is much better than this song. My point was that this song, or thread, has nothing to do with Mariah or Bye Bye. Besides, Bye Bye is a completely different type of song and a second single, which makes a comparison even more random and uncalled for.

rainbow1199

#60 [url]

Jul 28 08 8:12 PM

BeyondIdolization wrote:
Mariah10Carey88 wrote:
what a crappy song!!! i think its too late for her honestly. she didnt switch up her style in the mid-late 90s like mariah did.
She did, actually. MLIYL was a very current album back then with hot R&B producers like Rodney Jerkins and Wyclef Jean, and she had several big hits. It's obvious to me that Clive decided Whitney should take that direction after Mariah had done it a year before.

I was listening to those singles today and realized again just how good they are. Whitney really is best when she does R&B music. Those early albums were so cheesy.

'MLIYL' still had plenty of out of touch AC ballads on it though, it's very much like 'Rainbow' without the personal lyrics. It is still definitely her best album though and I do think she could have remained relevant through the years if not for her own problems.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help