Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Jul 26 08 3:52 PM

Go Whitney! I love it. So what she's lost some range.

The thing about Mariah and Whitney is the general public doesn't care if they lost some of that power and luster of their voice because they are legends who been around for a long time. They still sound better than a lot of manufactured singers out here today.

This gives me hope that Whitney will be back in a positive light if they find the right first single and follow up she's going to stage another comeback for the divas. The real ones.

imageimage

Remove this ad

Colson

#22 [url]

Jul 26 08 4:28 PM

Yawn...Boring, even for an album track. I would skip this song every time on the cd, which for me is not a good sign. Hopefully she'll have a 'single-worthy' song that we'll hear next.

Brazilian X Man

Fine, fresh, fierce
We got it on lock
and we'll melt your popsicle

#23 [url]

Jul 26 08 5:45 PM

Oh, so this is the classic Whitney that Clive Davis promised? The one that wasn't going to jump on new trends? It's boring and generic

mariahfan150

You're going to miss my love in the middle of the night...

#24 [url]

Jul 27 08 3:38 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:
Oh, so this is the classic Whitney that Clive Davis promised? The one that wasn't going to jump on new trends? It's boring and generic

and her voice isn't even close to what it was in the 'MLIYL' era. Whatever. I hardly care anymore.

seattlesfinest's Profile Page

carlos b fly

Administrator

#25 [url]

Jul 27 08 5:02 AM

Very ho hum. I cant stand Akon and Whitney deserves to come out with her own effort, rather than hang off another popular artist to try and dredge up a hit like Madonna. I like the melody under the song but her vocals sound weak, Akon just bugs me and its very album filler. Anyone could have sung this. And for a Whitney comeback, that kind of reaction just wont cut it.

carlos b fly

Administrator

#26 [url]

Jul 27 08 5:03 AM

Brazilian X Man wrote:

Very true. This track is a complete sell out to that notion.

Kevon

Administrator

#27 [url]

Jul 27 08 6:13 AM

Oh yeah whatever happened to that "Whitney doesn't jump on trends like other artists do." Hmm

Meh, I'm just looking for a chance to test out my new avatar.

The legendary Wing returns. The new CD 'Memwahs of an Impefect Angew'. In stores now!
Includes the 'Angews Cwy', 'Wibbon', 'It's A Wap' and the #1 single 'Candy Wing'.

k2thed

#28 [url]

Jul 27 08 9:59 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
Oh yeah whatever happened to that "Whitney doesn't jump on trends like other artists do." Hmm image

Meh, I'm just looking for a chance to test out my new avatar. image

You have the coolest av's dude! Which show was your previous one from??

Kevon

Administrator

#29 [url]

Jul 27 08 2:35 PM

It's from a show called Nighty Night, it's a comedy series from here in the UK, about an absolutely vile woman who pretty much ruins the lives of anyone that she comes into contact with. Here's a clip from the show, I love it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jw2lauJnVGk

The legendary Wing returns. The new CD 'Memwahs of an Impefect Angew'. In stores now!
Includes the 'Angews Cwy', 'Wibbon', 'It's A Wap' and the #1 single 'Candy Wing'.

#30 [url]

Jul 27 08 2:46 PM

Damn, British humor is my favourite, I just LOOOOOVEEE these shows, I hope they'll notice the series in Holland too, cause I've seen some clips you've posted and they're hilarious.

Remove this ad

Mariah10Carey88

my panties itch, what do i do? asking for a friend

#31 [url]

Jul 27 08 3:09 PM

what a crappy song!!! i think its too late for her honestly. she didnt switch up her style in the mid-late 90s like mariah did. i personalyl dont think she should have to sing rihanna-esque songs to get radio play, but unforunately thats how it is. there is no diversity on radio anymore. so we're probbaly not going to hear any classic whitney sounding songs because pop radio does not play the classic whitney songs anymore, only a/c does, and her label obviously wants a mariah-style comeback with hits and big album sales.

#34 [url]

Jul 27 08 6:46 PM

I REALLY LIKE IT!!! Her voice sounds good too. I don't think the song was meant to have over the top, belting vocals.

Word is that isn't the first single though. Although I really could see it doing well on radio. A lot of people seem to like it (except you all here lol).

#35 [url]

Jul 27 08 7:20 PM

NoelMC2 wrote:
I don't think the song was meant to have over the top, belting vocals.

agree, its One Of Those Days song vocal style, not big voice song, it could be weird to put strong vocal on such easy track

cornyperson

away for awhile...

#36 [url]

Jul 27 08 7:53 PM

Ugh, I can't stand Akon's voice. I also wonder if Whitney's current vocal state is the result of nodules. I'm not an expert, but I'd assumed that her voice would've healed from all the drugs by now, but maybe not.

venticuatrino

#37 [url]

Jul 27 08 8:32 PM

F...k!! I love whitney but this song is just ...Im sorry to say this but its crap! that Akon voice is horrible! shut up whitney Jd!!

#38 [url]

Jul 27 08 8:54 PM

It's nice, she sounds fine, I like the message of the song. But its not lead single material. If this is released she'll flop big time. Akon sounds horrible.

#39 [url]

Jul 28 08 7:48 AM

I listened to this. Not amazing but it's not that bad. I think good on her that she's just doing it again after all the crap she's been through! If anything this new album will be a "dust off the old vocal cords" album for her and she'll just keep getting better and better if she stays on track. It's not that bad and to the person that said it's too late for her I strongly disagree. Never too late! Madonna and Mariah are only two big names who had to bounce back ... and did ... successfully.

#40 [url]

Jul 28 08 7:49 AM

And I definitely don't think this is the official first single. Me thinks they leaked it on purpose to get feedback.

Remove this ad

Quick Reply

bbcode help