Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 26 08 9:46 AM

Tags : :

This is a new song from Whitney's upcoming album! This is featuring & produced by Akon.
http://rapidshare.com/files/132597325/Like_I_Never_Left_Again.mp3

Last Edited By: hontasy Apr 21 09 11:27 PM. Edited 1 time

Remove this ad
Remove this ad

MMMIII123

the splendor of you and I

#1 [url]

Jul 26 08 9:58 AM

Why is Akon on all these songs? I wasn't happy he was put on the BB remix, as ...let's put it this way, I am not a fan of his voice.

Song is blah! but it might be the akon effect.

Last Edited By: MMMIII123 Jul 26 08 10:06 AM. Edited 1 time.

Kevon

Administrator

#2 [url]

Jul 26 08 10:00 AM

Why are you posting this in all the boards except the one it should be in?

The legendary Wing returns. The new CD 'Memwahs of an Impefect Angew'. In stores now!
Includes the 'Angews Cwy', 'Wibbon', 'It's A Wap' and the #1 single 'Candy Wing'.

#4 [url]

Jul 26 08 10:13 AM

Album track! Melodic humdrum!

Akons involvement is useless and could have been put to better use.

Hold on... on second listen I'm starting to feel this!!image image

Last Edited By: BOBOBO123 Jul 26 08 10:21 AM. Edited 1 time.

#5 [url]

Jul 26 08 10:28 AM

nice, for whitney standards, nice jam but not a hit and not single material at all... i am really hoping her album is good, but i need more ballads or more "ballady" songs than this. T4P, if a solo version ever comes out, i will like it ore, akon ruins everything he "attempts to sing" in.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Kevon

Administrator

#6 [url]

Jul 26 08 10:46 AM

^I agree, his voice is irritating. But then whitney's voicei s nothing to write home about, either.

Still, I think it's a nice enough song. Endearing enough, I'm just glad it's not a "I'M WHITNEY B*TCH." Whatchulookinat type song

The legendary Wing returns. The new CD 'Memwahs of an Impefect Angew'. In stores now!
Includes the 'Angews Cwy', 'Wibbon', 'It's A Wap' and the #1 single 'Candy Wing'.

Ginger1.vivamariah19436

#7 [url]

Jul 26 08 10:54 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
^I agree, his voice is irritating. But then whitney's voicei s nothing to write home about, either.

Still, I think it's a nice enough song. Endearing enough, I'm just glad it's not a "I'M WHITNEY B*TCH." Whatchulookinat type song image

Whatchulookinat was epic! But this is a ho-hum song. And it sounds like she got marbles in her mouth.

Kevon

Administrator

#8 [url]

Jul 26 08 10:58 AM

BTW Where have I heard the "cold world and you're left here all alone" - I swear I've heard that part in another song somewhere.

#9 [url]

Jul 26 08 11:05 AM

Not a bad song at all, but the problem is her voice:S It even sounds strained in the studio, and I even heard a few off notes.

Kevon

Administrator

#10 [url]

Jul 26 08 11:07 AM

^Yeah as I said in the other thread, this could have easily been a Rihanna Ft. Akon song. Nothing makes it Whitney. I don't think her voice has ever sounded this weak on a studio track. She even resorts to that barking thing she does live when she can't hold any notes lol.

I do like the song though, but it could have been done by anyone.

Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Jul 26 08 11:09 AM

I don't believe this is the final version, Akon was one of the first producers on the cd and it was reported that she rerecorded those songs afer her voice improved, anyways I like it but this isn't the first single and I doubt this is the version on the cd

#12 [url]

Jul 26 08 11:10 AM

kevo2002 wrote:
^Yeah as I said in the other thread, this could have easily been a Rihanna Ft. Akon song. Nothing makes it Whitney. I don't think her voice has ever sounded this weak on a studio track. She even resorts to that barking thing she does live when she can't hold any notes lol.

I do like the song though, but it could have been done by anyone.

That is the thing that irritates me most!! It could be nice if she wouldn't do it at the end of almost every sentence, and if it would sound more controlled.

But well, the song is nice, and since it's most probaply just an album cut, it gives me hop[e the stand outs will be pretty good!!

Kevon

Administrator

#13 [url]

Jul 26 08 12:23 PM

I hope they release an instrumental of this - I just realised you can totally sing 'IBLULT' over it. It might need the pitch altered, but that would make a great remix, the instrumental of this song is really nice. A mashup would be cool

DutchLamb

#15 [url]

Jul 26 08 1:03 PM

Boring song. Maybe just good enough for album filler.
Vocals are ok. On par with Just Whitney. Whitney fans must be ecstatic after waiting all these years.

KindOfFragile

#16 [url]

Jul 26 08 1:12 PM

Hearing this is a HUGE let-down for people who were excited about Whitney making a comeback, IMO. Her voice is weak, pitchy, strained, and she has almost no range. Plus the song itself is just boring. Not to mention putting a "Featuring" artist on a 1st single, much less a comeback single, is just ridiculous! I hope this is just a testing of the waters ala Say Somethin... they need something much better than this! That said, I'm still rooting for her!

NhWxMaN

#18 [url]

Jul 26 08 3:30 PM

the song is not mind blowing, but it is still good. i don't think this is single material. i look forward to hearing how she sounds on a track where she belts.

#19 [url]

Jul 26 08 3:48 PM

NhWxMaN wrote:
the song is not mind blowing, but it is still good. i don't think this is single material. i look forward to hearing how she sounds on a track where she belts.

I agree.

Hope the first single is something better, a Whit smash à la "It's not right but it's ok" image

::The Biggest Mariah community in Italy::

#20 [url]

Jul 26 08 3:51 PM

Did you ever wish
You could get back something
That you did in your past
If it wasn't for me
I know what we had would definitely gonna last
I admit
That we say something we don't mean ????
But I realized that I've been foolish
I never should have turned my back

This is a cold world
When you are out there all alone
So many times that I wanted to just pick up the phone
And tell you ooooh baby baby I miss your love and so
But I ain't holding back no more
Your girl is coming home

I want you to love me - like I never left
I want you to hold me - like I never left
I want you to touch me - like I never left
Come give me what I'm missing - like I never left